not sold on this team

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with the five game win streak i was never sold on this team. Tonights **** poor display on defense, offense, blocking, and being out coached just made me sick. I think Collinsworth said that the lack of protection ffor Rodgers will be the downfall of this team once again..hes absolutely correct.

Doesnt matter how many "weapons" You have on offense if you cant block ppl it doest. Matter. So disgusted with the coaching and lack of toughness this team displayed tonight was very dis heartening. Exposed once again against a good front four.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine, we don't need you. There's still room on the Niners bandwagon. I'm sure you'll be much happier over there.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine, we don't need you. There's still room on the Niners bandwagon. I'm sure you'll be much happier over there.

You mad bro? this is my opinion, this is the reality of this team. They show flashes of greatness but when they run into a team on their level this is what happens. Thats got nothing to do with jumping ship at alll...thatls truth.. truth hurts apparently.

Reaction score
Even with the five game win streak i was never sold on this team. Tonights **** poor display on defense, offense, blocking, and being out coached just made me sick. I think Collinsworth said that the lack of protection ffor Rodgers will be the downfall of this team once again..hes absolutely correct.

Doesnt matter how many "weapons" You have on offense if you cant block ppl it doest. Matter. So disgusted with the coaching and lack of toughness this team displayed tonight was very dis heartening. Exposed once again against a good front four.
Dont forget we also had 9 players inactive. Including Shields, Matthews, Benson, Woodson, Quarless, etc. and now we have to adjust for Bulaga being out for the season.

Please. Give it time.

12theTruth

I'm still rooting for the Pack, but they have little to no chance at the Super Bowl (or getting by the NFC top teams) this year. I will enjoy the positive accomplishments they achieve and hope they can make constructive improvements to their roster in this season's last remaining weeks and look forward to next season to see if MM makes the tough choice by purging Campen. I would think footage from this season provides plenty of evidence of that units poor performance.

L

Lunchboxer

I agree with the OP.

We could have amazing Weapons of Offence but if we cant Block for the most important man the team we will lose every time.

I dont expect the D to carry a game at all or if ever. I just expect the D to do its Job not carry the team which it cant under capers.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mad bro? this is my opinion, this is the reality of this team. They show flashes of greatness but when they run into a team on their level this is what happens. Thats got nothing to do with jumping ship at alll...thatls truth.. truth hurts apparently.

As far as beating teams at "our" level I would say we are 2-2 now against a team as good or better than us. Not great not terrible. This was the game where we ran into a team that is good enough to really make our weaknesses look terrible. Not every team is the Giants or 49ers. Take the rest of the season one game at a time and we can still watch this team improve and hopefully find the post season. Once that happens anything is possible especially if these guys get healthy quick and start making plays we are missing without them on the field.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im irritated McCarthy didnt really run any screens ..the Giants pinned their ears back every dang time and MM did not take advantage of the being over aggressive. His lack of adjusting is the main reason he cant be in the same sentence as the top coaches in the league. Hes just outside the group...completely outschemed tonight

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as beating teams at "our" level I would say we are 2-2 now against a team as good or better than us. Not great not terrible. This was the game where we ran into a team that is good enough to really make our weaknesses look terrible. Not every team is the Giants or 49ers. Take the rest of the season one game at a time and we can still watch this team improve and hopefully find the post season. Once that happens anything is possible especially if these guys get healthy quick and start making plays we are missing without them on the field.

Thats exactly my point..we will have to face one or possibly even both teams to go to the Super Bowl. The Giants have embarrassed. Us two times in a row and San Fran did it earlier in the year when we were healthy so no injury excuses.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the score would have been a bit closer with Clay in there drawing double teams. We really got gouged on the run. Not sure how Rodgers did not see that strip-sack coming - usually he would pick that up.

On a positive note, no need to worry about getting stale and overconfident cause we have the season wrapped up and a bye. Could still go 12-4 but I think 11-5 is more reasonable.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst game played this season. Drops, lack of protection, and bad QB play.

But if anyone thinks this means this team can't win it all is kidding themselves. Look what we did to the giants in the reg season last year.

Rodgers played terrible and made alot of bad throws. Held the ball too long and was getting happy feet in the pocket.

Team will get healthy and will be dangerous.

Clearly everyone is forgetting what this team did to Houston earlier this season

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But if anyone thinks this means this team can't win it all is kidding themselves. Look what we did to the giants in the reg season last year.

Rodgers played terrible and made alot of bad throws. Held the ball too long and was getting happy feet in the pocket.

Clearly everyone is forgetting what this team did to Houston earlier this season

Sure, there is still time. With key players coming back in time for the playoffs who knows. Of course the team needs to make the playoffs. Don't know if 10-6 would get in.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, there is still time. With key players coming back in time for the playoffs who knows. Of course the team needs to make the playoffs. Don't know if 10-6 would get in.

Dispose of the bears and we should be set. Wildcard race might be hectic, so I'd rather avoid that again.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did we say in 2010 after the loss to the Lions? How many people were sold on that team at that time? I understand there are differences between those two teams but there are also a lot of similarities. Our biggest competition will be the Giants lets not even look at the division right now. By the time that happens we will be a stronger healthier team in spite of this loss.

12theTruth

So we scored alot of points against the Texans. So did the Jaguars... Not saying it wasn't a good performance because it was. Totally different matchup are the Texans.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we scored alot of points against the Texans. So did the Jaguars... Not saying it wasn't a good performance because it was. Totally different matchup are the Texans.

Right and people are saying they are the best team in the league. We dismantled them. Top to bottom. This team has the talent to do that to anyone.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are right, and that is what happened in the playoffs against these guys.
Their DL killed us.
Their WRs killed us.
And we couldn't tackle.

Tonight was the exact same.

We are a finesse team, a pass-only precision passing offense. The world knows this.
We don't like slug-it out football, in the trench warfare, etc.

Even the 2010 title run.... we were great in the 2 dome games.
We barely survived, ugly, in the 2 outdoor, cold weather games.

I don't know if Dom Capers soft, golly aw shucks persona rubs off on the defense. I would hope Kevin Greene's fire runs off.... the OLBs seem like the strength of the defense.... well when Clay and Perry were there with Moses and Walden as #3 & #4......

I know one thing for sure:
The Giants DL loves to see our OL across from them, and Victor Cruz & Hakeem Nicks welcome facing our DBs anytime, even if they were slumping coming in...... you can debate WHY, but you can't deny it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right and people are saying they are the best team in the league. We dismantled them. Top to bottom. This team has the talent to do that to anyone.
Well that was week 6, and our team is not the same team as then.... we lose guys to injury left & right. That's a big part of this game. Nobody can sustain losing 6 first round picks, plus 4 other starters.

But we will get some of them back, and hopefully most of them.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are a number of things wrong with this team that need to be addressed. Some can't be unfortunately and that's what concerns me for the last 5 games.

Our OL is plain awful. I'm afraid we're stuck with it and that for me may spell a rough road ahead and not much chance at a SB.

Rodgers has become fixated on Cobb and has gone to him while other receivers are wide open. His supposed ability to read defenses and check off the coverage has gone downhill by a lot.

MM play calling does not help. He just doesn't seem to have any idea how to call a game given the cards he's dealt. Slants, screens, counter-running plays. . .things that would help to keep the defenses off of Rodgers, he just doesn't seem to do them. It's the same MM week after week.

Tackling. How often have we seen a soft team out there on defense the past 2 years?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
MM play calling does not help. He just doesn't seem to have any idea how to call a game given the cards he's dealt. Slants, screens, counter-running plays. . .things that would help to keep the defenses off of Rodgers, he just doesn't seem to do them. It's the same MM week after week.

How do you know AR isn't changing the plays at LOS?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that was week 6, and our team is not the same team as then.... we lose guys to injury left & right. That's a big part of this game. Nobody can sustain losing 6 first round picks, plus 4 other starters.

But we will get some of them back, and hopefully most of them.

Right, I want to see us play when we have 5 more starters back.

I hope someone questions the team to Rodgers face. He usually responds well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

They were the best at THAT TIME. Being the best is very much a temporal thing. It still shows you what the Packers are capable of and indeed testimonial to the talent level of the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts