1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My ideas for the offseason

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Aaron rodgers is god, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154 / 9 / -2
    I believe we will see kampmon next year, they know its a work in progress. They know his tools and hes a packer favorite. Unless they get a really good deal, i dont see them trading him . For our picks we need to upgrade one of the Tackle positions and let the Ginger Giant take the other spot (T.J Lang). Safety we could use an upgrade but not needed, bigby is a decent safety who i feel comfortable in the spot . he doesnt really get burnt and he doesnt make big plays but he does all the little things you need out of a safety, Tackling, being where u need to be etc... Cornerback we need depth and a player for the future. We could also use a running back to switch loads off with grant a real fast and elusive back that can bring our offense to a new dimension, because Jackson isnt a good runner but a good receiving back and a good blocker .We could also get a punt returner or kick returner. I like our D- line a lot could use some D ends for depth. But i really want to see some more Linebackers we need another Middle linebacker Hawk is not giving enough production on a weekly basis. and we need Olb if they do get rid of kampmon and still for depth.

My top Priories - O-Line, CB, Linebackers

Secondary- Safety, Running back , Kick returner , Defensive ends
  2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    Re: Kampman
    A) He's going to command too much money for a "work in progress".
    B) Brad Jones was solid enough in his spot that he made Kampman expendable.
    C) Thompson traded Brett Favre. I don't think him being a fan favorite matters at all.
  3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I agree with all such needs but it's tough to fulfill all of them in just 1 offseason. But i'll feel comfortable knowing that many of such can be addressed in the draft.
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, just would switch CB with kick returner and punter.
  5. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Why not get rid of Kampman if Brad Jones played just as well as someone making a heck of alot more money.......? It was totally obvious Kampman was frustrated and kept most of his thoughts to himself. The guy is a good football player, but he didn't make the transition from DE to LB, he just tore his ACL, and makes to much money.
  6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Well its actually up to Kampman to decide on that "too much money" concept. He's not like other guys in the league who want to get big, fat paychecks just because they saw their names in the headlines. Kampman just wants to play football, period. And with the packers he won't be able to do that if they minimize his strengths. His ACL injury is bad but I doubt it'll really hurt his production in the long run. ACL injuries usually affect guys who like to use their legs more to make a play. Best example would be the types of guys who like to make quick cuts and rely on pure speed. Kampman isn't like that either. He's more of a downhill, upper body type of guy who likes to use his strength to overpower lineman.