My Early, Early 1st round mock

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't re-order based on wild card wins and losses...it doesnt matter, any mock done now will be shuffled and re-shuffled by free agency...but anyway

1- Oakland- QB Jamarcus Russell, LSU
2- Detroit- QB Brady Quinn, ND
3- Cleveland- RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
4- Tampa Bay- OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
5- Arizona- DE Gaines Adams, Clemson
6- Washington- DT Alan Branch, Michigan**
7- Minnesota- WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
8- Houston- S Laron Landry, LSU
9- Miami- DE Quentin Moses, Georgia
10- Atlanta- OT Levi Brown, Penn State
11- San Francisco- ILB Patrick Willis, Miss.
12- Buffalo- WR Dwayne Jarrett, USC
13- St. Louis- S Reggie Nelson, Florida**
14- Carolina- OLB Paul Posluszny, Penn State
15- Pittsburgh- WR Ted Ginn, Ohio State
16- Green Bay- RB Marshawn Lynch, California
17- Jacksonville- CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
18- Cincinnati- DT Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State
19- Tennessee DT Amobe Okoye, Louisville
20- New York Giants OG Justin Blalock, Texas
21- Denver CB Darrelle Revis, Pitt
22- New England (f/SEA) CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno State
23- Dallas WR Jeff Samardija, ND
24- Kansas City WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee
25- New Orleans CB Leon Hall, Michigan
26- New York Jets DT Demarcus Tyler, NC State
27- Philadelphia LB HB Blades, Pitt
28- New England S Michael Griffin, Texas
29- Indianapolis DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee
30- Baltimore RB Kenny Irons, Auburn
31- Chicago LB Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma
32- San Diego OL Arron Sears, Tennessee

My thoughts:
-Packers take Marshawn Lynch, based on Jarrett/Johnson not being in our sights and based on the fact we don't get a shot at a running back 2nd round

-Some good cornerbacks are going to fall based on over-supply and shortage of demand (B in my economics class this past semester ha), Leon Hall doesnt play like a '20's' prospect but he or some other top CB will fall that far

-Brian Brohm will be somewhere on my first round board (KC?) if he declares, no word yet

-Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson will go to teams who don't necessarily need a wide out, but take one for the luxury of having either prospect, i sent them to Minnesota and Buffalo

your thoughts...

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks good as far as where the Packers pick. I do, however disagree with some of the other picks. Atlanta for example, if they still run the ZBS with their new coach, I don't think they'll draft Levi Brown, they'd probably go in the direction of Reggie Nelson.
I definitely don't see Pittsburgh taking a WR 2 years in a row, I'm guessing Ginn will go to the Titans at 19.
I also don't see Samardija going at 23, I think he'll be drafted later because of his baseball career
Overall though, it looks like a good mock draft

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay would take Calvin Johnson they drafted an OT in round 2 last year in Jeremy Trueblood and they couldnt pass on Calvin Seeing as all the have at WR is Joey Galloway who is good but very old and they have Ike Hilliard who is also old after that they have nothing and they would want a playmaker at WR which they would get in CJ. They wouldnt pass up Calvin Johnson

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the Lions go after Quinn. Kitna was decent at QB, he did have 4000+ passing yards afterall this season.

One major area of weakness was WR, where Rogers was released and Mike Williams didn't play a lot. I wouldn't count out the Lions going another WR, especially one such as CJ21. This is Millen we're talking about afterall.

OP
OP
H

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way does Calvin Johnson get out of the top five. If Oakland passess on him, look for someone to trade up with Detroit to get him.

Thats what I was thinking, but there's too many needs for every team right now, after free agency it'll be a lot easier to determine who gboes where and who could trade down...same with Jarrett and the top ten

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay would take Calvin Johnson they drafted an OT in round 2 last year in Jeremy Trueblood and they couldnt pass on Calvin Seeing as all the have at WR is Joey Galloway who is good but very old and they have Ike Hilliard who is also old after that they have nothing and they would want a playmaker at WR which they would get in CJ. They wouldnt pass up Calvin Johnson

I agree.

I also don't like Quentin Moses that high. His stock is dropping and everytime I watch a Georgia game I like Charles Johnson much more. I also like Jamal Anderson from Arkansas who just declared more. Moses could be this years "Kiwi" Lot of early season hype and then near the end of the season his stock has dropped out of the top 15.