MIKE MCCARTHY FIRED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3. Mark Lovat - Responsible for all of this teams injuries and bar none the worst S&C coach ever.

I'm sorry but I'm calling a spade a spade. This is plain stupid. No coach in the world can prevent a knee from buckling when it gets hit from the side or when a guy gets bent in half backwards. How about trying a more reasonable argument rather than mindless hyperbole?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's about freaking time.

Now I hope they prove that he was nothing but poison to this team and way too F'ing overrated by getting back to another SB within the next 1-3 yrs.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why I don't get. Teams bench and release players during the season a the time. Why should a coach like McCarthy be immune to that? Was it lack of class to trade Ty Montgomery or Haha? Or Sitton or Jordy? Or to bench Williams when Jones was better? McCarthy like those aforementioned players didn't produce the past couple years. Time to move on and no reason to wait.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I fail to see in what way he was disrespected. I don't see how being fired 3 hours after a game is any more disrespectful than being fired 18 hours after a game. If anything, they did him a favor by letting him sleep tonight rather than lying awake worrying over what will happen Monday. Nothing is worse than not knowing. If it was me I'd rather know ASAP.
I get all that and agree with some of it, just seems to be a code of conduct in the NFL, and coaches teams can’t wait to rid themselves of, do what GB did. I think MM has earned more than that, despite our recent failures.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why I don't get. Teams bench and release players during the season a the time. Why should a coach like McCarthy be immune to that? Was it lack of class to trade Ty Montgomery or Haha? Or Sitton or Jordy? Or to bench Williams when Jones was better? McCarthy like those aforementioned players didn't produce the past couple years. Time to move on and no reason to wait.
Did they cut ty by the time the plane landed back in GB? Yes that would have been low class too. No problem with the trade. No problem with the firing either. Can’t say I care for it appearing like they caught him walking off the podium after the post game pc, o btw, you’re fired.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder with the firing as swift as it was,they they have a short list already?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get all that and agree with some of it, just seems to be a code of conduct in the NFL, and coaches teams can’t wait to rid themselves of, do what GB did. I think MM has earned more than that, despite our recent failures.
I suppose they could have given him the news tonight and released a statement tomorrow, but good luck keeping it hush until then what with Twitter and all. So they probably figured better to just release the statement. As far as earning more, I think he's milked his SB win as far as it can be milked. I think the fact that he was the coach at all this year was a show of that respect. Eventually the bucket runs dry.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what the rush was. I always thought he did less with more. Got lucky once (which I’ll take). Part of the whole crappy Favre Thompson McCarthy debacle which I’m glad is now finally over. Wait.... gotta move Murphy outta there... He’ll land somewhere, but I certainly wouldn’t be afraid to face him. Rodney Harrison flat said... nobody is afraid to face the GB offense, and when you have a QB like AR that underperformance lands squarely at the coaches feet.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They HAD to fire the guy. You get a head start on coaching candidates. You already know the guy isn’t going to be here next season and there’s no chance at the playoffs. No reason to wait to fire him. I’m sure he knew that if they lost this game he was toast.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right, under the current org structure where MM, RB, and Gluten report to Murphy.

That’s a lousy org structure. The HC and Russ Ball should report to the GM, and the GM should have the final say on who will be the next HC.
Smh his name is not GLUTEN... There is no L in his name... I’m not sure if it’s your special nickname for him or what ... but every one of your posts has it and it’s distracting the heck out of me lol.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the organization would wait, simply bc they pride themselves on running like a business not a monarchy like in some nfl cities.

That being said, I have no issue with this. MM knew he was on borrowed time, everyone did.

At one point today, the graphic on the screen showed AZ as ranking dead last in 4 major statisical categories. When you lose... At home... To a team this bad, when they didn't play particularly well today either... And add it to the rest of this seasons issues...

You are owed no additional respect.

If you are a starbucks GM, and can no longer make a frappachino, and they let you hang around anyways, then they watch you mess up "just a cup of black coffee, please"...

You shouldn't be shocked when they let you go that day. It's what SHOULD happen, as you have shown you are no longer able to do your job.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM seems like a "nice guy" that may be why it was milked so long

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Assistant to the Head Coach.

Gonzo, I don't know if this is what you were getting at but yes we need a guy who is very dedicated to his job, enjoys his job and can wear multiple hats for example lets sayyy a salesman and a farmer of some sort, and of course likes to relax with a little sci fi television.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and our 2 NFCCG appearances since a pretty flukey Super Bowl? An EPIC MELTDOWN DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE TO LACK OF TEAM DISCIPLINE => CRAPPY COACHING.... and... a blowout. (Lets not forget the first round embarrassment at Lambeau against the NINERS). This move was isn’t 5 years too late, in my mind it’s TEN

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is a smart guy, I believe he knew very well this was a viable outcome. I don’t think this caught him by complete surprise

I just hope we stock #12 with weapons with this next regime. This Offense has been robbed in the draft going back a decade now.
If the draft was a teeter totter... our Offense has had its feet dangling in the air far too long

If by “weapons” you mean tough, nasty, athletic O-linemen and glass eating pash rushers, I am with you.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is all backdraft from holding on to Ted Thompson way way too long and now McCarthy falls on the sword in effort to keep the fan base involved and Rodgers happy. The reality is were just not that good and there is a shortage of playmakers on the offensive side that has been depleted other then adding late round picks and a couple washed up TE's. On top of that Rodgers isn't playing at his normal elite level.

With all that to be the case it was time to move on from MM. The players just haven't been responding the way you would like to see. There also seemed to be a disconnect between Rodgers and MM and with Rodgers just signing the biggest deal ever the choice was easy of who to get rid of. It's just a tough situation all the way around and the cumulative effect of Thompsons personnel blunders has been just too much for anyone to overcome.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally...

MM gone ... Check
Crosby needs to be gone ....
OLBers need to be replaced ....

Let's see how well our Offense performs now that MM is gone and done calling short throws all day
lol your last sentence .... ha ha short throws... yeah that was the problem .... not.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodney Harrison said at halftime,”it was time,the players had stopped listening “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.