Mayock Tabs Baker From USC For Packers' In First Round

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever since he called the Ahmad Carroll pick the day before the draft, Mike Mayock has been the only draftnik I have paid any mind to at this time of year. His first mock is out and he has the Packers taking Sam Baker from USC. Must admit, I had not thought of him at all, but he could be a good fit inside or out on the Packer's o-line.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever since he called the Ahmad Carroll pick the day before the draft, Mike Mayock has been the only draftnik I have paid any mind to at this time of year. His first mock is out and he has the Packers taking Scott Baker from USC. Must admit, I had not thought of him at all, but he could be a good fit inside or out on the Packer's o-line.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Sam Baker I think you meant..

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/baker_sam00.html

I think that might be a little bit of a reach in the first...

Tackles I would place ahead of him in this class..

Jake Long, Michigan
Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
Ryan Clady, Boise State
Gosder Cherilus, Boston College

and maybe..

Anthony Collins, Kansas

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen different speculation on baker, some have him higher than us in the 1st some low in the 2nd or even 3rd. HIs stock has fallen a bit over all. Frankly I'd rather not take him if we want a tackle I think there are better and cheaper prospects.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its a waste to take an OL in the first round Guard or Tackle if he's the BPA, I'm just not sure that Baker will be at #30.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have no problem with this pick because every time I see Clifton with bags of ice on his knees, I cringe. Anybody check out his major - Sociology - which would tell me that he's not your run of the mill *******.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have no problem with this pick because every time I see Clifton with bags of ice on his knees, I cringe. Anybody check out his major - Sociology - which would tell me that he's not your run of the mill *******.

Sociology? That's a joke major.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be pissed, but I want a CB to compete with Williams, Blackmon, and Bush for the nickel.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

heh, I'm a environmental biology major taking my second sociology class as we speak (damn liberal arts university requirements). I must say, it is definitely MUCH MUCH easier then about any science class I have had, yet all the sociology majors in the class complain about it.

It's quite funny, actually. I would have had much more of a life the past 4.5 years had a been a sociology major. However, it is interesting stuff and the real go getters can really get a lot out of it. It's just a bit too depressing for me though.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Hey I have a Psychology minor.. took lots of Soc classes.. while I agree that it isn't the toughest field out there.. if you really dig into it, it will alter how you look at human behavior and traits.

That is what ****** me off about the internet, it is harder to read people.

DoddPower

Reaction score
Hey I have a Psychology minor.. took lots of Soc classes.. while I agree that it isn't the toughest field out there.. if you really dig into it, it will alter how you look at human behavior and traits.

That is what ****** me off about the internet, it is harder to read people.

Fair enough. It would be pretty easy to argue that any major will alter one's perception on the nature of human behavior, though. I know my science classes surely have changed my perception on reality itself, and throw in a little philosophy, sociology, etc. etc. that most have to take, and there ya go.

No offense to you sociology people!

:lol: :lol:

Pack93z

Reaction score
Fair enough. It would be pretty easy to argue that any major will alter one's perception on the nature of human behavior, though. I know my science classes surely have changed my perception on reality itself, and throw in a little philosophy, sociology, etc. etc. that most have to take, and there ya go.

No offense to you sociology people!

LOL.. but that is the beauty of the college curriculum, makes one expand into many different field thus extending the mind into things otherwise left untouched.

But I agree, your argument could be made depending on your field and preception on the fringe courses.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Cromartie out of Ten. Harris and Chuck are getting long in the tooth. However, I do not think he will be still around by the Packers 30th.

IF? That is the case, then .......

I am hoping they take Quentin Groves. I think this kid out of Auburn is a monster.

T.T. and M.M. and Trom. I beg all three of you, the decision makers for the Green Bay Packers Future... PLEASE .... Take the best available player when you are on the clock.

R.P.

DoddPower

Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I like Cromartie out of Ten. Harris and Chuck are getting long in the tooth. However, I do not think he will be still around by the Packers 30th.

IF? That is the case, then .......

I am hoping they take Quentin Groves. I think this kid out of Auburn is a monster.

T.T. and M.M. and Trom. I beg all three of you, the decision makers for the Green Bay Packers Future... PLEASE .... Take the best available player when you are on the clock.

R.P.

Denver is wanting to move out of their 12th pick. If Cromartie or any other guy is a player TT thinks can be a future starter for years to come, I would love to see us move up for our 1st and 3rd selection. I think with our foundation in place taking a player we believe in would be worth it.

Only time will tell though. I can't wait!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver is wanting to move out of their 12th pick. If Cromartie or any other guy is a player TT thinks can be a future starter for years to come, I would love to see us move up for our 1st and 3rd selection. I think with our foundation in place taking a player we believe in would be worth it.

Only time will tell though. I can't wait!

Dodd,

That is interesting. It is great insight as to what may happen.

However.... I truly hope this does not happen on Draft Day. My God!

I beg that Ted does not trade up on draft day.

If T.T. trades up, and gives away draft picks to trade up, well... I think that I would be so shocked, that I would die of a massive heart attack.

Dying of a massive heart attack is not a good thing. I really want to watch the 2008 season.

R.P.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:
DakotaT said:

heh, I'm a environmental biology major taking my second sociology class as we speak (damn liberal arts university requirements). I must say, it is definitely MUCH MUCH easier then about any science class I have had, yet all the sociology majors in the class complain about it.

It's quite funny, actually. I would have had much more of a life the past 4.5 years had a been a sociology major. However, it is interesting stuff and the real go getters can really get a lot out of it. It's just a bit too depressing for me though.

Just think how depressing Chemistry or Biology is for the Sociology majors. FWIW, I am a biologist, working as an analytical scientist and had to take a few LA classes myself. Make the best of it, if it's as easy as you say, it should be an easy A. Philosophy, Sociology, I even had to take a stupid Economics class that I considered the biggest waste of time ever.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
millertime said:
DakotaT said:

Just think how depressing Chemistry or Biology is for the Sociology majors. FWIW, I am a biologist, working as an analytical scientist and had to take a few LA classes myself. Make the best of it, if it's as easy as you say, it should be an easy A. Philosophy, Sociology, I even had to take a stupid Economics class that I considered the biggest waste of time ever.

You're a chemist, now make me some beer!

DoddPower

Reaction score
DoddPower said:
millertime said:
DakotaT said:

OH sweet! Smart guy! Yeah, it will be an "easy A," relatively speaking, of course. I'm positive that not all sociology classes are easy, but the two that I have had have been, so I can only speak from my experience. The reason I say Sociology is somewhat depressing is because it often focuses on issues of poverty and ways that our society is pretty messed up and needs tweaking, as in science, one learns more about how things work and more and more beauty of life is discovered! But, as the saying goes, I guess that's why I do what I do and they do what they do, huh?

And R.P., don't have a heart attack!! It probably want happen anyway so I don't think we have anything to worry about.