Kickoff Rule Changes Approved

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think they're trying to "improve the safety" of the game to allow two more games?
2 more games is just a leverage item. Just like this new "improve safety" mantra.

What they want is a bigger part of the unshared revenue. They realize they have to give something to earn that, or at least perceive that they're giving something.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be interesting to dig out what the Packers average starting yardage was after kickoff's. I am willing to be that this not only gives an advantage to our offense but also our kicking and coverage teams will get better!

Another interesting point is that teams like the Bears that spend a lot of money on their return and coverage teams will loose that advantage!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be interesting to dig out what the Packers average starting yardage was after kickoff's. I am willing to be that this not only gives an advantage to our offense but also our kicking and coverage teams will get better!

Another interesting point is that teams like the Bears that spend a lot of money on their return and coverage teams will loose that advantage!
24.6, good for 11th in the league.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/25326/proposed-kickoff-rules-and-the-nfc-north

Opposing kickoff returns, we were a very putrid 29.8, 31st in the league.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont have a problem with it going back to the way it was 20 or 30 years ago.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11th...that's impressive. Weren't we changing our kickoff returner nearly every kickoff during the end of the year? They were pretty consistent in getting it to the 25 supposedly, but like already mentioned, not that explosive.

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 more games is just a leverage item. Just like this new "improve safety" mantra.

What they want is a bigger part of the unshared revenue. They realize they have to give something to earn that, or at least perceive that they're giving something.

Great point!! To me, this sounds like an ulterior motive. IMO I think they're trying to make it "safer" where they can statistically prove fewer injuries prior to the leveraging to go to 18.

Members online

Latest posts