K-rob sentenced to jail time!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
I think people are missing the point. No, alcoholism is not a joke. But someone not dealing with their problem is a joke. I have heard rumors (yes just rumors) that last year K-Rob could be spotted putting a few back after Queens games. If this is true, he is snubbing his noise at the league and his fans.

Additionally, as a Packer lover I am embarassed and disgraced that we would take someone like this. We have had ***holes or troubled players in the past, but this guy is so obviously troubled that we should not even have wasted our time with him.

Heck, Moss wants out of Oakland lets go for him. We have already laid the precedent for taking extremely troubled players, lets go for it. It would definitely make us better. Come to think about it Haynesworth the DT from Tennesee, might be cut after his 5 game suspension. We should look his way too.

Is it possible that the Pack could have a team made up of more losers than the Queens? Please TT don't do that to us. I'm pleading with you.

Anubis and Robin are exactly right. Why is this guy on our roster? He is not going to jail because he is an alcoholic. He is going to jail because of his actions. His decisions. You and I would already be in jail.

This is what bothers me. Be consistent. Packer people my ****. Yesterday everybody was happy that TT got rid of Carroll for a number of reasons. As one poster said he is glad to see our GM is getting rid of all the "turds" alluding to Carroll's character. Apparently if he was involved in drafting you then the turd factor only goes so far. C'mon people friggin' Minnesota got rid of Robinson.....FRIGGIN' MINNESOTA.....the turd capital of the world!!

This is another case of TT only wanting "his people" on the roster. TT was in Seattle when Robinson was drafted. It is time our GM understands that the Packers are our team. Mine and yours, forever. He will only be here a few years and then sell his services to the next team foolish enough to pay him. Enough of this crap.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
you forgot he has money, trippster. all i know is im glad we have him for any more time at all, hes catchin everything thrown at him

Yea, I am also glad GB picked him up. Should get in most of this season.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Robin Yount said:
I think people are missing the point. No, alcoholism is not a joke. But someone not dealing with their problem is a joke. I have heard rumors (yes just rumors) that last year K-Rob could be spotted putting a few back after Queens games. If this is true, he is snubbing his noise at the league and his fans.

Additionally, as a Packer lover I am embarassed and disgraced that we would take someone like this. We have had ***holes or troubled players in the past, but this guy is so obviously troubled that we should not even have wasted our time with him.

Heck, Moss wants out of Oakland lets go for him. We have already laid the precedent for taking extremely troubled players, lets go for it. It would definitely make us better. Come to think about it Haynesworth the DT from Tennesee, might be cut after his 5 game suspension. We should look his way too.

Is it possible that the Pack could have a team made up of more losers than the Queens? Please TT don't do that to us. I'm pleading with you.

Anubis and Robin are exactly right. Why is this guy on our roster? He is not going to jail because he is an alcoholic. He is going to jail because of his actions. His decisions. You and I would already be in jail.

This is what bothers me. Be consistent. Packer people my ****. Yesterday everybody was happy that TT got rid of Carroll for a number of reasons. As one poster said he is glad to see our GM is getting rid of all the "turds" alluding to Carroll's character. Apparently if he was involved in drafting you then the turd factor only goes so far. C'mon people friggin' Minnesota got rid of Robinson.....FRIGGIN' MINNESOTA.....the turd capital of the world!!

This is another case of TT only wanting "his people" on the roster. TT was in Seattle when Robinson was drafted. It is time our GM understands that the Packers are our team. Mine and yours, forever. He will only be here a few years and then sell his services to the next team foolish enough to pay him. Enough of this crap.

you guys AMAZE ME!! does anybody remember hornung & co?? those guys partied like idiots ALL THE TIME!! and yet they are heralded as heroes in packers history.

i am in NO WAY comparing k-rob to those guys except that they all enjoyed drinking to excess!! the way you guys talk, all the 'drunks' & 'druggies' should be tossed in the clink & throw away the key!!!!!

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...think about it.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Wow comes from how light this sentence is. He can start doing communtiy service to knock out the 45 days and then serve the rest in Jail. Given his crime, he's not going to Maximum security, with Murderers, he'll go to some swanky White Collar prison type of deal. He won't miss any playing time and/or TC, unless the league suspends him. I don't know what kind of weight program they have but I'm sure he'll be ripping it up on XBox.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl...I know alcoholism hits home in your family and it also hits my extended family. Comparing what K-rob did to every other alcoholic is an insult and injustice to those alcoholics. He has continually put his life and others in danger, he went on a high speed chase running from the cops. This isn't a one time incident. He chose to drink and get behind the wheel a number of times. It's his decision and there is no excuse for this man. He has been given all the resources and advantages that trucker Bob and others never had. He could just as easy get someone to drive for him, hire a limo......WHILE YOU ARE SOBER. Instead he chooses to give the proverbial bird to you, me and everybody else that follows the law and common sense.

He needs to do his time. Get into rehab (which the NFL player's association will pay for), prove he's clean then reapply to be reinstated.

The fact that THE Green Bay Packers are assisting him in skirting his responsibilities is embarassing to me. But that is just my opinion. If this guy were a Viking, EVERYONE on this board would agree.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
4packgirl...I know alcoholism hits home in your family and it also hits my extended family. Comparing what K-rob did to every other alcoholic is an insult and injustice to those alcoholics. He has continually put his life and others in danger, he went on a high speed chase running from the cops. This isn't a one time incident. He chose to drink and get behind the wheel a number of times. It's his decision and there is no excuse for this man. He has been given all the resources and advantages that trucker Bob and others never had. He could just as easy get someone to drive for him, hire a limo......WHILE YOU ARE SOBER. Instead he chooses to give the proverbial bird to you, me and everybody else that follows the law and common sense.

He needs to do his time. Get into rehab (which the NFL player's association will pay for), prove he's clean then reapply to be reinstated.

The fact that THE Green Bay Packers are assisting him in skirting his responsibilities is embarassing to me. But that is just my opinion. If this guy were a Viking, EVERYONE on this board would agree.
Dammit Depack,

Just when I am getting used to having this guy on the team, you have to pull out the final trump card of ethics. You are absolutely right with your post.

He is, though, a lot better than Ferguson.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All drunks (if alcoholics) and druggies should be tossed into a clinic! They need help! It doesn't mean they are bad people because they have a problem. But before they can get help they need to accept that they have a disease.

I am not talking about the occasional person that gets drunk or the person the has smoked weed once or twice. I am talking about alcoholics and consistent drug users.

They should be in a clinic until clean! Unfortunately there is not enough funding to keep most addicts in treatment that long.

If you disagree with that you need to look at your reflection in your glass house.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I hope and only hope that hes learned his lesson from all his mistakes and he gets the help he needs...

For right now I am happy he is with our team, he has caught almost all passes thrown his way...I know you are saying should we take a guy just cause he can catch a ball?? Or do we take a guy that has problems??? Well nobody is perfect IMO, we all make mistakes but hopefully we learn from them and don't do them again...

I know Robinson could have killed people drinking and driving, I for one dont condone that kind of action...but he is a football player saying he will try his best to stay clean, I think he needs people to believe in him so he can get well...right now he can help our team win football games and lord we all know we need the help..

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heather,

The question we should ask is how many people has he asked to trust him in the past only to let them down. Again, no one can give an addict help unless he is willing to change. From what I have read about K-Rob's past, I don't think he is willing to change. We as Pack fans are just the new suckers in his life.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
DePack said:
Robin Yount said:

you guys AMAZE ME!! does anybody remember hornung & co?? those guys partied like idiots ALL THE TIME!! and yet they are heralded as heroes in packers history.

i am in NO WAY comparing k-rob to those guys except that they all enjoyed drinking to excess!! the way you guys talk, all the 'drunks' & 'druggies' should be tossed in the clink & throw away the key!!!!!

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...think about it.

nice... i brought up the hornung thing a while back... making the vince/hornung -- TT/krob correlation.

the difference in hornungs rowdy bunch and krob. krob got caught. and back in the day i highly doubt a green bay police officer would have sent hornung to jail for anything. all i know is.... right now he hasnt gotten a dui in green bay, i dont even think hes been spotted at a bar. all this while looking rather good during his limited game experience. after his first touchdown catch, his troubled past will be forgiven.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hourning was caught as well and suspended for an entire season by the NFL for betting on football games. IF it wasn't for Lombardi he probably would of never been reinstated.

They had a nice thing on it on Costas now on HBO.

Robinson isn't the only person in the NFL with a troubled history on an NFL team.

Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis come to mind. Jamal Lewis served jail time during the off season. Sean Taylor I believe has some court dates as well.

Holding Robinson over Carroll is not a mistake. It's keeping the better player at his position over the worse player at his position.

It doesn't matter what problems you have. That's how the NFL works. That's how it worked since the Lombardi days.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky,

That is fine if we take that position, but than we cannot rip the Queens or any other team for their problem players.

Personally, I take pride in the fact that the Packers seem to hold themselves out as different from other NFL teams, the class of the NFL. I just don't like to see that change.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont worry their will always be other reasons to rip on the queens....

for instance they wear purple

They are still worse than us as far as negative pub goes.

and did you see those new uniforms... we are in no short supply of things to make fun of the vikings about.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Porky,

That is fine if we take that position, but than we cannot rip the Queens or any other team for their problem players.

Personally, I take pride in the fact that the Packers seem to hold themselves out as different from other NFL teams, the class of the NFL. I just don't like to see that change.

I agree and also don't have your headcoach come out and say we are going to take Packer People, good character etc...Just admit it. The Green Bay Packers under this regime are no different than any other organization in the league. That's sad.

And Dakota....I agree. I love his talent. What a shame, somebody couldn't get through to him at a younger age.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Robin Yount said:
Porky,

I agree and also don't have your headcoach come out and say we are going to take Packer People, good character etc...Just admit it. The Green Bay Packers under this regime are no different than any other organization in the league. That's sad.

And Dakota....I agree. I love his talent. What a shame, somebody couldn't get through to him at a younger age.

I agree. I don't make fun of Viking players or Raven players. I would love to have Ray Lewis playing LB in Green Bay. I wanted GB to take a look at Jamal Lewis in the backfield as well.

Doesn't bother me one bit because the fact is Green Bay has had a past just like all those other teams. The 60's Packers weren't consider great romodel's to be honest but they got the job done on the field and that is all that matters in the NFL.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is nice to see everyone is able to cast the first stone. :roll:

Has anyone ever had more than 3-4 beers in a two hour period and then driven home? (stopped by the bar for a couple after work...) Guess what, you would then be in the neighborhood of .11, same as KR. Have you ever done it more than once? Over your lifetime? During college? Guess what, nothing different between you & KR other than a cop happened to fall in behind him.

If I am not mistaken, he also claimed not to have seen the police (nor would I be looking in the rear view mirror if I was going 110 mph). Not that that is an excuse, he had no business going that fast. Have any of you EVER gone faster than 80? Speed kills more than alcohol.

Think about your own situations. If you were caught with a dui or two and it did not affect your work (say you didn't have to drive for your job), would it be fair if companies turn you down for employment? fire you?

Now, before all the bashing begins, believe me I am not in any way condoning what KR did. I am just saying that he may not be the drunken alcoholic that we envision. Maybe he did just get drunk a few times and got caught.

Word is that he is great in the locker room. An asset as a person who has a great attitude that just likes to party and doesn't know when to stop.

Hornung? There is an alcoholic in my opinion. He was notorious for partying and still is. My father ran into him, Max Magee and a few others the night before the famous Detroit game on Thanksgiving where they lost their only game that year. He and the others were, in the words of my dad "drunk out of their mind". I saw him in person the night before the Rams game two years ago. Falling down drunk. He was at Fuzzy's bar with Fuzzy, and Ron Kramer. All of them smashed. they had to walk Hornung out to the car becasue he couldn't make it himself.

And for all of you that feel we should get rid of all the "unsavory charachters" let's not forget that kid, a few years back, that had a bad drug and alcohol addiction. I am sure that on MANY occasions he drove while under the influence of Drugs and /or alcohol. He didn't get caught or was helped by the neighbor hood police. How did he turn out? not bad....400 td's and a HOF spot saved for him when he finally climbs on the mower for good.

KR CAN and I think WILL be an asset to us or someone else in the future.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Nope he is an alcoholic - self admitted. Do your research.

I didn't say he wasn't an alcoholic. I said he might not be the drunken alcoholic most envision.

You can be an alcoholic and only have a few drinks at home in the evening before dinner.

You can be an alcoholic and most of your friends would never know.

An alcoholic is simply someone whose drinking has caused them problems.

You don't have to be a drunk to be an alcoholic.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He IS the drunken alcoholic most envision. Read the newspaper.

He is not someone that has just gotten drunk a couple times and got caught.

That is a very poor example and very simplistic.

The Hey We All Have Done It suggestion is not a good defense to K-Rob's actions or any other person's actions in similar situations.

Our American culture has a very distorted view of what is an acceptable use of alcohol and what actions are acceptable while under the influence.

As for K-Rob's future once he receives his 1 year suspension I think he will be done. He will try to come back but at that point it will be too tough.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Put a G on their helmet and all bad traits go away. This is real life people....not Madden '07.

Sorry but that's how the NFL works. What's your take on Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis. Ray Lewis was found not guilty but Jamal Lewis served time during the off season just one year ago I believe. Should the Ravens of dumped him?

Your complaining that GB let go of Carroll and are keeping guys like Robinson. That's how the NFL works. You keep the good players and you let go of the bad one's whether their track record is bad or not.

As long as Robinson can still run and catch and as long as he shows this type of talent he'll continue to get chance after chance from most teams.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
Put a G on their helmet and all bad traits go away. This is real life people....not Madden '07.

Sorry but that's how the NFL works. What's your take on Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis. Ray Lewis was found not guilty but Jamal Lewis served time during the off season just one year ago I believe. Should the Ravens of dumped him?

Your complaining that GB let go of Carroll and are keeping guys like Robinson. That's how the NFL works. You keep the good players and you let go of the bad one's whether their track record is bad or not.

As long as Robinson can still run and catch and as long as he shows this type of talent he'll continue to get chance after chance from most teams.

Can we please get some facts straight. I never complained that "GB let go of Carroll". I questioned TT's motive for doing it. No I wouldn't want Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis on the Packers. If the man killed by Lewis' friends or the guy Jamal was selling crack to was your son you'd probably feel different.

Let me turn the tables......when I suggested the Packers go after T.O. why were you against it. The man has never been in trouble with the law and surely you can see that the man can "still run and catch..." and shows even more talent than Robinson. Let's just admit it......if TT did it...it's OK.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Can we please get some facts straight. I never complained that "GB let go of Carroll". I questioned TT's motive for doing it. No I wouldn't want Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis on the Packers. If the man killed by Lewis' friends or the guy Jamal was selling crack to was your son you'd probably feel different.

So if you take Robinson as an example. Should anyone that drinks not be allowed to work?

If so Wisconsin and especially Green Bay would have a very high unemployment rate.

Edit: TT's motive was simple. Carroll wasn't getting the job done and the patience with him finally run out.

Let me turn the tables......when I suggested the Packers go after T.O. why were you against it. The man has never been in trouble with the law and surely you can see that the man can "still run and catch..." and shows even more talent than Robinson. Let's just admit it......if TT did it...it's OK.

I wanted Green Bay to sign TO. I wanted TT to sign him to a huge incentive base deal.

When the idea of Randy Moss was brought up, I said go for that as well.

Reaction score
DePack said:

IMO K-Rob was a better signing because of a couple of reasons:

Age: Robinson is still not in his prime, he is only 26. TO is 32 I believe.

Salary: To is making 5 million. Robinson a fraction of that.

De, I was right there in agreeing with you that TO should be signed, but after some of his stunts this season, it just isn't worth it.

Reaction score
porky88 said:
When the idea of Randy Moss was brought up, I said go for that as well.

Yeah, I was on that ship also until I heard Randy's comments that he isn't interested in playing football right now, or somethign to those effects.

Sad, what wastes of talent.

Members online

Latest posts