K-rob sentenced to jail time!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
porky88 said:
When the idea of Randy Moss was brought up, I said go for that as well.

Yeah, I was on that ship also until I heard Randy's comments that he isn't interested in playing football right now, or somethign to those effects.

Sad, what wastes of talent.

Give him a QB who can actually throw him the ball and you'll see excited about football he would get.

I think that entire team in Oakland is frustrated. Moss specifically because nobody is capable of getting him the ball and he's clearly the most talented player on that team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need for me to continue against two mods, but are you saying that T.O. would have been worse than a guy that was just sentenced to prison.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
No need for me to continue against two mods, but are you saying that T.O. would have been worse than a guy that was just sentenced to prison.

In terms of being a teammate Robinson probably blows TO out of the water. Robinson is a good teammate. Even those in Minnesota said he was.

In terms of talent TO is a much better player. In my opinion I'll take a talent like TO because if you are winning then TO is usually happy. Although TO is a high risk/reward type of player.

For the deal we got Robinson for there is no risk. We can cut him and is shouldn't take a blow to our cap.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's the difference right there. I like Robinson's talent but eventually when the law catches up to him we will have to cut him and it won't hurt our cap situation at all. It will be a PR embarassment that the fans of Green Bay do not like. Everybody knew this before he was signed....that's why we got him so cheap. Nobody else wanted the embarassment and the PR nightmare. This signing was another kneejerk reaction by our GM because he was taking heat for not signing a veteran WR before.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
There's the difference right there. I like Robinson's talent but eventually when the law catches up to him we will have to cut him and it won't hurt our cap situation at all. It will be a PR embarassment that the fans of Green Bay do not like. Everybody knew this before he was signed....that's why we got him so cheap. Nobody else wanted the embarassment and the PR nightmare. This signing was another kneejerk reaction by our GM because he was taking heat for not signing a veteran WR before.

A lot more baggage in signing TO though. You sign TO and if this team were to stink then what does that say about the image of Green Bay and the job there doing?

Works that way as well.

As for cutting Robinson. Everyone new he was going to have to serve time for his actions. Everyone knows he's going to get suspended sooner or later unless I'm overlooking something.

This comes to no suprise for Green Bay. Evrey GM the league and every Coach in the league that has ever managed a team feels they can be that one guy that can turn someone around.

That's the case with Robinson in Green Bay. Maybe it won't happen but none the less he is a talented playler and if it does workout that's another weapon for Favre this year and potentially another one for Aaron Rodgers when it does become is time to take over.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
He IS the drunken alcoholic most envision. Read the newspaper.

He is not someone that has just gotten drunk a couple times and got caught.

That is a very poor example and very simplistic.

The Hey We All Have Done It suggestion is not a good defense to K-Rob's actions or any other person's actions in similar situations.

Our American culture has a very distorted view of what is an acceptable use of alcohol and what actions are acceptable while under the influence.

As for K-Rob's future once he receives his 1 year suspension I think he will be done. He will try to come back but at that point it will be too tough.

I actually read quite often. Please give me the several examples of KR's drunkeness that you are referring to. Does he show up for practice drunk? Not that I am aware of. Has he been seen at the bar drinking? Probably. But show me some documented accounts of his being drunken in public other than the two DUI's. I am not aware of them if they do indeed exist.

The "we've all done it" was not a defense. It was simply to realize that he is not much different than many of the general public. He sounds like he is a good person but just makes some poor decisions in regard to his tendancies. Favre did too when he was younger.

As I said before and I will now re-iterate, in no way am I condoning his behavior. And I agree to a point in your assessment of american culture.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If K-rob didn't have off-the-field problems, he wouldn't be on our team right now.

But, he does. If we didn't pick him up, I have no doubt somebody else would... which would mean he'd still be playing in the NFL anyways. So we might as well have him on our team, right? It's not like he's a locker room cancer.

If he commits another stupid crime, we cut him. Simple as that. Very little risk involved, in my opinion.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
4packgirl...I know alcoholism hits home in your family and it also hits my extended family. Comparing what K-rob did to every other alcoholic is an insult and injustice to those alcoholics. He has continually put his life and others in danger, he went on a high speed chase running from the cops. This isn't a one time incident. He chose to drink and get behind the wheel a number of times. It's his decision and there is no excuse for this man. He has been given all the resources and advantages that trucker Bob and others never had. He could just as easy get someone to drive for him, hire a limo......WHILE YOU ARE SOBER. Instead he chooses to give the proverbial bird to you, me and everybody else that follows the law and common sense.

He needs to do his time. Get into rehab (which the NFL player's association will pay for), prove he's clean then reapply to be reinstated.

The fact that THE Green Bay Packers are assisting him in skirting his responsibilities is embarassing to me. But that is just my opinion. If this guy were a Viking, EVERYONE on this board would agree.

the entire first paragraph you wrote could have been written about trucker bob. he drove drunk so many times, it's scary. he technically got 3 dui's but had some 'connections' & got out of ALL of them. (which only helped perpetuate his alcoholism) he & k-rob could be 2 peas in a pod.

i absolutely agree that k-rob should do the time & get himself into rehab NOW & prove to everyone that he can get clean. i cannot sit in judgement of him though since i married a guy JUST like him (well, a guy who WAS just like him.)

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trippster,

I started my post by saying have heard rumors about K-Rob. Yes they are rumors, but you know that some rumors are true, for example the prior stories on the post about ex-packers and drinking. Was that put in the paper?

As for K-Rob's 2 DUI's do you honestly believe that those were the only two nights recently that K-Rob has drank? Or is your point - out of sight out of mind - no harm done?

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tripp, i am right along with you-robin y, you are funny like you are a saint passing judgement. koren made bad decisions got caught, media catch it, team must do something otherwise, its a non-issue! He wont get in trouble here bc i know his driver. KR doesnt sit around and drink, he has a heavy gas foot when driving, be it sober or having a drink or 2. You forget, media job is to exploit a story! Koren in GB is going to be fine. Told u guys he wasnt going to get hit hard in Sea & miss a gm. Same for Minn

Members online

Latest posts