Julius Peppers to the Hall of Fame

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Loved having Peppers on the team. Only mistake he made was telling Morgan Burnett to go down with the interception against the Seahawks in the 2014 NFCCG. A 19-7 lead, with 5 minutes is definitely not safe against a Packer Defense!

In other HOF News. Former Bears and Packers DT Steve McMichael is also being inducted to the HOF. McMichael only played 1 season, his final season, with the Packers. What a smart ***, he said this:

“For 13 years, I helped the Bears beat the Packers every year. I whupped their ***, right? So the last year, I went up there on my last leg and I wasn’t any good anymore. So I stole their money and whipped their *** again!”

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember him saying that. He was just one of those blow holes that was always pandering -- like McMahon wearing his Bears jersey to the Whie House as a psuedo-Packer in '97.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope never said that...however...Sterling Sharpe needs in if Willis, T Davis, and Irvin r in.
fair enough. Its just that when you said "may I have one..." it sort of sounded as if you thought they were handing them out to people who were undeserving. I agree with you on Sharpe. I remember that the knock on him was that he hadn't played long enough then T. Davis got in. I recall reading something that said a player needed 10 years except for RBs but Willis only had 8. I know a lot of the early guys had fewer games but I don't fault them for that. I mean some of them were pioneers and there were fewer games per season. Not their fault. Sterling was a guy who often shunned the media though and some may hold that against him. Personally I don't think he ever gets in but he should. With the way the passing game is now if a WR is good enough to play 10 seasons he's going to way surpass Sharpes numbers and it won't be good enough for them to get in. Swann is in because he became eligible early. His numbers would never get him in now. I think one of Sharpe's biggest pluses is that at one time he held the record for most receptions in a season. To me that says something.

Side note, do the Packers get to claim 2 more HOF player in Peppers and McMichael? Did the Bears just gain 3? I know the question always comes up "will he go in as a ????" and we all know, or should know by now that in the NFL you don't go in as a member of a particular team. Each team you played for is listed on the plaque. Still some will point out that 1 or 2 years, and often crappy ones at that, for a particular team doesn't make you eligible to be claimed as a HOFer by that team. There is no official ruling so there is no right or wrong answer. You have guys like Reggie White who was dominant in Philly and in Green Bay so I don't think anyone would have a problem with both teams claiming him, but Carolina? Then you have a guy like Peppers who only played 3 years in Green Bay but they were pretty darn good years. I don't think you'd get a whole lot of argument for the Packers claiming him. He was an important part of those teams those 3 years. Then you have Mongo. A borderline HOFer in any case for some but he had one pathetic year with the Packers. Still he was a Packer. Does he count?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
fair enough. Its just that when you said "may I have one..." it sort of sounded as if you thought they were handing them out to people who were undeserving. I agree with you on Sharpe. I remember that the knock on him was that he hadn't played long enough then T. Davis got in. I recall reading something that said a player needed 10 years except for RBs but Willis only had 8. I know a lot of the early guys had fewer games but I don't fault them for that. I mean some of them were pioneers and there were fewer games per season. Not their fault. Sterling was a guy who often shunned the media though and some may hold that against him. Personally I don't think he ever gets in but he should. With the way the passing game is now if a WR is good enough to play 10 seasons he's going to way surpass Sharpes numbers and it won't be good enough for them to get in. Swann is in because he became eligible early. His numbers would never get him in now. I think one of Sharpe's biggest pluses is that at one time he held the record for most receptions in a season. To me that says something.

Side note, do the Packers get to claim 2 more HOF player in Peppers and McMichael? Did the Bears just gain 3? I know the question always comes up "will he go in as a ????" and we all know, or should know by now that in the NFL you don't go in as a member of a particular team. Each team you played for is listed on the plaque. Still some will point out that 1 or 2 years, and often crappy ones at that, for a particular team doesn't make you eligible to be claimed as a HOFer by that team. There is no official ruling so there is no right or wrong answer. You have guys like Reggie White who was dominant in Philly and in Green Bay so I don't think anyone would have a problem with both teams claiming him, but Carolina? Then you have a guy like Peppers who only played 3 years in Green Bay but they were pretty darn good years. I don't think you'd get a whole lot of argument for the Packers claiming him. He was an important part of those teams those 3 years. Then you have Mongo. A borderline HOFer in any case for some but he had one pathetic year with the Packers. Still he was a Packer. Does he count?
Players only go in as a player.

Members online

Latest posts