1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jimmy Smith of the Jaguars Retires!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by PackerLegend, May 11, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports WR Jimmy Smith, who is arguably the best player to suit up for the Jacksonville Jaguars, retired Thursday, May 11, at a press conference attended by many former teammates. Smith retires as No. 7 in career receptions in NFL history with 862 catches and No. 11 in career receiving yardage in NFL history with 12,287 yards.

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports with the retirement of WR Jimmy Smith, the Jacksonville Jaguars will save the $3.625 million Smith was scheduled to receive for this season's salary cap. Smith was in the final year of his contract.
  2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow......i wasn't expecting that!
  3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    no kidding cheesy...mind you, i haven't followed his career that closely, but that still seemed to be out of the blue
  4. packrfanfw

packrfanfw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My father and I had season tics in Jax since '95...he sure was fun to watch.
  5. packrfanfw

packrfanfw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My father and I had season tics in Jax since '95...he sure was fun to watch.
  6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    please don't retire, FAWK!!!