1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

J.C. Tretter Injury

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, May 21, 2013.

1. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    When the Packers recover a fumble in a game, especially next February, I'm going to be happy they do this drill and will file Tretter under 'acceptable losses'.
  2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 54 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Mark it as "Harrell Insurance Payment"
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Funny, but not really related.
  4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +696 / 16 / -0
    Regardless of this injury, I'm predicting a healthy season for the Packers this year--something like S.F. and the Yikes have had the last couple of years. We've had an unbelievably bad stretch the last few years, and the luck will change.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Agreed. It's an anomoly seen in statistical analysis, where things over a period of time will average and even out but there may be glitches where teams have "luck" with injuries for a period of time. For example, you can flip a coin 50 times and generally will average heads 25 times, but you may get six tails in a row.
  6. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342 / 20 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    True, although the fact that we've had some injury-plagued seasons the past few years is not indicative that we're somehow "due" for a healthy one. To borrow the coin flip analogy, the fact that you come up with six tails in a row doesn't change the fact that your next toss is still 50/50.

I too am optimistic, though- at some point it seems like we're due for some regression toward the mean with our injury luck.
  7. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 54 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Fumble drills? Handoff Harrell? Very related.
  8. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I get it. I was thinking of Justin Harrell, because of the injury angle, and of course his injury was not related to a fumble, unless you want to count TT drafting him in the first place. I didn't get the Graham Harrell connection. I apologize.
  9. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's pretty much what I was saying. This season may not be injury free, however, taken in a larger sample say over the past 30 years the odds tend to even out. Our chances of flipping a tail may still be 50/50, but if you include the larger sample of the past 10 years or so in order to even out the average it might be likely we see a head this time. Of course, there are other variables involved which make it more complicated than a coin toss. But I'm talking about the freaky stuff like what happened to Sherrod, Perry, Bulaga and Bishop. None of those were caused by turf or grass, a bad strength and conditioning coach, etc. They were anomalies that could happen to anyone, at any time for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Whatthehellsgoinonouthere

Whatthehellsgoinonouthere Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42 / 66 / -8
    Packer Fan Since:
    In another thread you said Tretter was the next EDS, to me, right now, he looks like the newest Mark D'Onofrio.