Is Aaron Rodgers the best Packer QB of all time ?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nope, nope, and again nope. Starr called most of his own plays. Bart Starr over Aaron Rodgers. Unitas or Montana are up there too.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also wasn't good in the 2011 Giants loss.

For all the heat the defense takes for that season, Rodgers and the offense were terrible that game.

Please...we are talking about overall for 135 games, not one or two here and there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please...we are talking about overall for 135 games, not one or two here and there.
You can't tell someone what criteria they have to follow.

He wants to use regular season let him.. He wants to use playoffs, let him

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is one of the best ever.

My posts about his bad games are in response to a poster blaming only the defense for him not have more titles, when it's clear Rodgers has played a role in not having more also.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is one of the best ever.

My posts about his bad games are in response to a poster blaming only the defense for him not have more titles, when it's clear Rodgers has played a role in not having more also.

That's right....a team effort and Rodgers is part of the team

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starr had 152 TD's and 138 Int's.
Rodgers has 297 TD's and only 72 Int's.

Completely different types of games now. Back then offensive lineman couldn't even block with their hands and WRs could be bumped until the ball was in the air.

Comparing numbers alone doesn't say much.

It's not a coincidence the top of QB record books have changed drastically in recent years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's three games......I can't wait for your evaluation on the other 132.
Holy balls dude.. YOU brought up championships. That's what I posted,
His failing in playoffs

And for the 3rd damn time. REGULAR SEASON HE IS THE BEST.

Now stop being trollish and accept I think reg season he is great, but Bart is better in playoffs

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
78.5 rating vs Giants

A good part in my opinion was being over confident in the game planning. The regular season match up we won on the scoreboard. We got of 2 questionable calls. The Jennings TD was a catch if he long enough to be a catch. The was Giants lost TD because receiver was called out of bounds. Still photo clearly show both feet down in bounds the next day. This was against injury depleted team. I think we game planned against 9-7 team. Plus resting players in regular season plus a bi-week left our offense out of sink. I give Rodgers a bit of a pass on this one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A good part in my opinion was being over confident in the game planning. The regular season match up we won on the scoreboard. We got of 2 questionable calls. The Jennings TD was a catch if he long enough to be a catch. The was Giants lost TD because receiver was called out of bounds. Still photo clearly show both feet down in bounds the next day. This was against injury depleted team. I think we game planned against 9-7 team. Plus resting players in regular season plus a bi-week left our offense out of sink. I give Rodgers a bit of a pass on this one.

Philbins son affected every one

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His failing in playoffs

Now stop being trollish and accept I think reg season he is great, but Bart is better in playoffs

I'm talking about individual athleticism...not winning games, not championships, not regular season and not post-season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm talking about athleticism...not winning games !!!

Here you said win games

Maybe so, but if you don't win enough regular season games you don't get to the playoffs.

I think you are a troll
Where did once say athletic?
Winning what ? Championships ? Bart's teams had a lot better defenses that helped win. Better RB's also. Compare individuals here, not teams.

Championships are a team effort...Just ask Dan Marino.

Individually.....Rodgers can do it all !

That's three games......I can't wait for your evaluation on the other 132.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His failing in playoffs

His rating was 6 points below Starr in the playoffs....that doesn't make the difference between 1 championships and 5. If you're not winning championships with a QB having a 98 rating in the playoffs, he's not failing. The team is.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said Rodgers does it all, showing Rodgers is human.

But here is another, Cardinals last year..
78 rating.
There was literally one WR who's currently on an NFL team and that's Janis. But yeah, Starr would have shredded Arizona with that team.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philbins son affected every one

That had an effect as well, I part I included in game planning.
Completely different types of games now. Back then offensive lineman couldn't even block with their hands and WRs could be bumped until the ball was in the air.

Comparing numbers alone doesn't say much.

It's not a coincidence the top of QB record books have changed drastically in recent years.

Quarterback could get hammered no special protection. Great plays defensive backs then are personal fouls now.

Reaction score
Vs Seattle he didn't...55.8 rating

He had horrible game.. Def gave him the ball 4 more times and got 6 points?
Seattle from 2012-2014 it could be argued had the best defense of the 21st century thus far, especially against the pass and they were especially stout at home. While I wont completely defend that performance, he was going up against the best pass defense most modern QBs will face. Ok now let's stop talking about that game ;)