1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** IMPORTANT ***

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Guys, do NOT read too much into anything you read about Brett Favre retiring until you hear it from him.

I've been reading article after article and I'm finding more and more that the author is taking quotes and adding them together without stating the question that was asked to give it the effect of the writer.

Don't get caught up in anything, yet.

I'd cite my sources an proof, but I don't have an extra 3-4 hours.

Watch the conf and after game video footage of Brett. Then read the articles. You will too see it.

One thing, for instance, the picture with the OL. Brett says THEY wanted the picture. You will read it was BRETT who wanted it.

All I'm saying, read with caution.

edit, spelled cite wrong, doh
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    ESPN article.

That did NOT happen.

Brett was running forward as he was certain the ball was going to be completed. Then it was tipped. Brian was there, he slapped hands with Brian.
  3. BearPerspective

BearPerspective Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Keepin' the dream alive alone, are we?
  4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Your Cubs are going to get their asses whupped in the first round of the Playoffs......just like the Packer's whupped them last night fool...

Grossman...lol.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    What dream? You don't know if I want him next year or want him to retire.

Part of me does, because he's a great competitor.
    Part of me would like to see what we do from here.

What I'm saying is, NO ONE KNOWS. I'm finding articles stating Brett will FOR SURE play next year, followed by a colleague stating he is RETIRING FOR SURE. CNNSI.com and ESPN.com are prime examples of this.

Each are using the same material, but putting their own flavor on it to get people to read their articles.
  6. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha..Yeah, Grossman...Wow. That's all you can say...Wow.

Nice choice, Luvy...Sometimes you gotta make tough calls, and moving to Griese was the right move.

Should have been done in Week 14-15, at the lastest...

Fine by me. If the Bears are lucky enough to win one playoff game, it will because their D not only wins it, but overcomes Grossman's horrid play as well...

After last night's game, it's good to know that it's only a matter of time before the Bears fall.
  7. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Z2C,

I really appreciate your optimism on the situation and will keep what you said in mind. I really do believe however that last years return was "partially" due to the fact that he wanted to prove to himself and others that he could still play the game at a high level ( just my speculation ).

This year, he proved that to himself so coming back
    for 2007 "might' be a direct result of which way TT wants to go with the team behind the scenes ( again, this is just my speculation on how he would return one more time) !!!
  8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Not sure if its optimism I'm trying to distill here. I'm more so trying to say, don't over react on any article you read and any video clip you see. Don't make a judgement unless you've seen it in its entirety.

With that said. Brett said last year he did not want to go out a loser. He didn't like losing the way they did and wanted to go out on a positive note.

Four game winning streak, beating each of the division foes could jus be that streak of positive he wants to go out on.

:shrug:

I ... just ... dont ... know.
  9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Here are a couple articles I've came accross.
  10. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh come on now. They are just trying to sell air time, newspapers and page views. They can't sell as well without some sensationalism and exaggeration.

Why are you trying to reduce their sales with accuracy, truth and attention to detail?
  11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    lol ... sorry

just gets on my nerves when people state things as 'fact' that have no ground for truth