Have you seen James Starks?

H

HardRightEdge

I played for 13 years, did you? I suffered from 8 broken fingers, broken ribs, fractured collar bone, concussion and many high ankle sprains......I have the right to be a critic on him. I played hurt even in high school, before they had all these pansy *** rules about playing hurt, if you could and wanted to play, the coach let you.

Starks is a big baby who gets paid better than anyone here to do a job. He is a pine rider, plain and simple. If Lombardi were to have seen this type of wimpy behavior, he would have kicked him in the *** hard enough to make a 50 yard field goal.

I have seen US Marines get turf toe from doing regular PT 5 days a week and they either just sucked it up and carried on or went to medical and got treatment......and were back in action 3 weeks later...what's his excuse?...LAZY, that's what it is, PERIOD.

He's been active for two weeks now. His not playing is evidently a coaches decision. Given Green's performance, I would not be surprised if Starks is worked back into the rotation against the Jags.

To quote MM, "I thought we left too many hard yards on the field. There were too many 1-, 2-yard runs that should have been hardball 3-, 4-, 5-yard runs. We need to improve that aspect of our offense."

Starks may be injury prone, but Green is not "hardball".

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Skins released Ryan Grant today. I would be calling him.

I'd call him...Grant was the last back we had that could rip off the long run at least once in a while. The only issue i had with him is he ran soft and usually went down on the 1st contact. He's better than any guy we have running the ball now and he knows the offense...call him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
...I have the right to be a critic on him.
While you don't have the "right" to post here, generally everyone in this country has the right to criticize anyone, whether or not they played a down of football or any other sport.
Starks is a big baby who gets paid better than anyone here to do a job. He is a pine rider, plain and simple ... what's his excuse?...LAZY, that's what it is, PERIOD.
There's just no way for you to know that. As HardRightEdge mentioned he's been active for a couple of games now and it's not his call whether or not he's on the field. What we do know about him is that he's been injured a lot over the course of his college and pro careers. And we know he's been the target of Rodgers' ire because he's not as assignment sure as he should be.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ just as hardright said that since he is active it must be a coaching decision to keep him out....how do we know that either? Hmmm.... we don't. I go by what I SEE. I see him standing around, sitting around....I have even noticed while the camera has panned the sideline view that starks was texting on a cell phone.....REALLY??? C'mon, get involved, at the very least act like you are watching and put another set of eyes on the field. Sssheeeesh.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
^ just as hardright said that since he is active it must be a coaching decision to keep him out....how do we know that either? Hmmm.... we don't.
This is as silly as it gets. Of course the coaches decide who plays and who doesn't. If you don't believe that you haven't been paying attention since you started watching/playing football. Your only other option is to believe that although the medical staff has OK'd his return, he's refused to play yet remains on the roster. :rolleyes:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Oh, wow....thank you for your much valued insight. Your " I'm so holy attitude" towards every post that you dont like/agree with is getting old. You might want to see if the packers staff has any opening for jobs, you seem to know more than anyone and even your speculations must be correct. Thank you so much packer God. :devilish:

If you are in pads and considered suited up and you come in for a play or two.....how are you not cleared? Maybe he is sitting himself out or its a coaching choice. Either way nobody knows.....but why have him in there if he is not 100% good to go and is not producing when he does come in. Put his *** back on the bench where he is most comfortable.

H

HardRightEdge

...since he is active it must be a coaching decision to keep him out....how do we know that either?

How does that make any sense? You think they told him to go in and he said, "no thanks"?

They game Starks 5 carries against HOU in garbage time. Evidently, the coaches didn't like what they saw. By the same token, they could not possibly have liked what they saw with Green...McCarthy said as much. If Green does not come out of the box hitting somebody, I'd not be surprised to see Starks in there. Beggers can't be choosers...or in this case, the choice is limited.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh, wow....thank you for your much valued insight. Your " I'm so holy attitude" towards every post that you dont like/agree with is getting old. You might want to see if the packers staff has any opening for jobs, you seem to know more than anyone and even your speculations must be correct. Thank you so much packer God. :devilish:

If you are in pads and considered suited up and you come in for a play or two.....how are you not cleared? Maybe he is sitting himself out or its a coaching choice. Either way nobody knows.....but why have him in there if he is not 100% good to go and is not producing when he does come in. Put his *** back on the bench where he is most comfortable.

That was clear as mud.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe he is sitting himself out or its a coaching choice.
Don't blame me for your posting this foolishness. How long do you think an NFL player would last if his position coach, OC, or HC tells him to go in the game and he refuses? Particularly a player who is by no means considered a star? Even a casual fan knows the answer to this, that you don't - and your personal attack - says more about you than it does about me.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I played for 13 years, did you? I suffered from 8 broken fingers, broken ribs, fractured collar bone, concussion and many high ankle sprains......I have the right to be a critic on him. I played hurt even in high school, before they had all these pansy *** rules about playing hurt, if you could and wanted to play, the coach let you.

Starks is a big baby who gets paid better than anyone here to do a job. He is a pine rider, plain and simple. If Lombardi were to have seen this type of wimpy behavior, he would have kicked him in the *** hard enough to make a 50 yard field goal.

I have seen US Marines get turf toe from doing regular PT 5 days a week and they either just sucked it up and carried on or went to medical and got treatment......and were back in action 3 weeks later...what's his excuse?...LAZY, that's what it is, PERIOD.
You want me to respond to this? Act like an adult and I'll consider doing so

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/176333301.html

According to McCarthy, Starks was unable to work on a substantial number of plays that were part of the Jacksonville game plan because he missed practice Thursday and was limited on Friday due to illness. Even the Wednesday practice he took part in was abbreviated because of injuries that occured.
Offensive coordinator Tom Clements said about 15% of the game plan had to be practiced solely in the jog-throughs because of the reduction in normal practice time.
As a result, Starks hadn't worked on a limited number of things McCarthy had planned to use in the game. He intended to get Starks into the game more, he said, but some circumstances on the field caused him to change some of his play calls.

Offensive coordinator Tom Clements said that the coaches aren't down on Starks, who missed all but two weeks of training camp plus the first five weeks of the season with a turf toe injury. He said Starks has been working himself back into shape, but missing so much time has made it tough getting him involved.

"I don’t know that anything’s holding him back," Clements said. "He had been out for a while. He’s been practicing lately. He’s continuing to work to try to get into the best shape he can. Alex had been here the whole time and hasn’t been hurt and he’s earned an opportunity. But James is a good back and hopefully he’ll get his chance, too."

Members online

Latest posts