Have you Ever Notice in Coaching

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed this time of year at the end of the season all the changes in coaching position taken place?

One has to ask, when so many coaches losing their jobs, what the hell makes other
teams think a new hire is the second coming of Christ??

If they can't make with team A, what makes teams think they'll make it with team B????

I also notice sooner or later they all land on their feet making the big bucks somewhere else.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed this time of year at the end of the season all the changes in coaching position taken place?
Yep, at the end of the season or near it is when most coaching changes have traditionally taken place. When would you suggest it happen if not the first month after the season ends? When camp opens?
One has to ask, when so many coaches losing their jobs, what the hell makes other
Sometimes the grass IS greener. Better scheme fit with the personnel. Rejuvenate a stale message. Some coaches are better at teaching younger players while some have a scheme that requires knowledge that only seasoned vets have acquired.
I also notice sooner or later they all land on their feet making the big bucks somewhere else.
I'm sure Mike Sherman did not make big bucks ending his career as a high school coach.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Yep, at the end of the season or near it is when most coaching changes have traditionally taken place. When would you suggest it happen if not the first month after the season ends? When camp opens?

Sometimes the grass IS greener. Better scheme fit with the personnel. Rejuvenate a stale message. Some coaches are better at teaching younger players while some have a scheme that requires knowledge that only seasoned vets have acquired.

I'm sure Mike Sherman did not make big bucks ending his career as a high school coach.
Wasn't that Mike Sherman that packers awarded him mag-million then they fired his @ss shortly after

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they can't make with team A, what makes teams think they'll make it with team B????

I don't know about recycling HCs but often former HCs find success as coordinators instead.