If You Could Add One Player.....

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the fantasy scenario that the Packers could pick up a free agent Pro-Bowl level player at any position this week, what position (offense or defense) would you upgrade to get the biggest bang for the buck right now?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have said safety if it weren't for Joe Barry. He can't mess up a good DT too much. See RB, get RB. Not hard.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the fantasy scenario that the Packers could pick up a free agent Pro-Bowl level player at any position this week, what position (offense or defense) would you upgrade to get the biggest bang for the buck right now?

Trent Williams would be nice.

Wouldn't mind Chris Jones either.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My strong initial lean was at safety as well, but my gut tells me to go O-line. I just can't tell if it should be an pro-bowl center, a pro-bowl LT, or pro-bowl LG. I think that Jenkins will be back soon. I think that all of these young guys would REALLY benefit from a stud at center who could dominate, get all of the blocking calls solidified, and handle stunts. LT is kind of the no-brainer because Bahktiari is done and we seem to have enough guys that can do the job adequately, just not well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take Patrick Mahomes and call it a day.

Honestly Mahomes is not having a good year relatively to his normal terms or elite level.

Shoot if just talking this year Russell Wilson is lighting it up in comparison.

Mahomes - 67.4% completion for 1,014 yards / 7.7 Yards per attempt / 9 TDs and 2 INTs / QBR of 51.2 / QB Rate of 106.7
Wilson - 64.3% completion for 1,006 yards / 7.0 Yards per attempt / 8 TDs and 4 INTs / QBR of 71.4 / QB Rate of 92.0

I know...for as bad as he was last year - he is not the problem in Denver.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Mahomes but, Travis Kelce is PRETTY DAMN good - I mean he's a generational talent at TE.... Is Musgrave going to be like that? Don't know

For as good as Pat is, I have to say that he benefits "some" from having Kelce

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Mahomes but, Travis Kelce is PRETTY DAMN good - I mean he's a generational talent at TE.... Is Musgrave going to be like that? Don't know

Yeah he and Rodgers (had Adams) are just average joes saying hut hut hike really. LOL

I'm kidding of course and know you didn't mean that degree

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Kelce's stats over Mahomes career as a starter. Mahomes may still be looking for his first SB without Kelce.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KelcTr00.htm

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

https://www.espn.com.sg/blog/kansas...ry-is-uncharted-territory-for-patrick-mahomes

"Mahomes’ career QBR is 79 with Kelce in the game versus 65 without him. His average yards per attempt is 8.2 yards with Kelce, 7.2 without."

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Left tackle, hands down

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HARD PASS. I do NOT want to see extended footage every game of Taylor Swift acting like she knows WTF is going on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he comes with Taylor Swift. But like most Chiefs fans these days, she looks like a bandwagon jumper.

Reaction score
Kelce's stats over Mahomes career as a starter. Mahomes may still be looking for his first SB without Kelce.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KelcTr00.htm

https://www.espn.com.sg/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/31725/travisp-kelces-injury-is-uncharted-territory-for-patrick-mahomes

"Mahomes’ career QBR is 79 with Kelce in the game versus 65 without him. His average yards per attempt is 8.2 yards with Kelce, 7.2 without."
Having a great TE is certainly a key to winning. That said just go back to the last big play that seasoned a KC win. A 9 yard scramble by Mahomes and needing 8 yards to move the chains and eat the clock. Pat wins with every part of his body and his TE1 is just a good slice of that.
Mahomes averages about 3,800 yards and 30 Td’s every season to guys not named Kelce.

Last edited:

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a great TE is certainly a key to winning. That said just go back to the last big play that seasoned a KC win. A 9 yard scramble by Mahomes and needing 8 yards to move the chains and eat the clock. Pat wins with every part of his body and his TE1 is just a good slice of that.
Mahomes averages about 3,800 yards and 30 Td’s every season to guys not named Kelce.

Right. And 3800, 30+ touchdowns is certainly VERY good.

I'm not taking away from Pat, I think he's a great player and seems like a legit good, humble dude...

But I'm just being REAL - I mean Kelce is ALREADY a Top 5 All Time TE at this point in his career ... He will probably play another 2 - 3 years and finish Top 3 ALL TIME for Tight Ends. Ever.

This is a guy like your Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy G (when younger), Witten, Sharpe, etc.

That probably helps a bit. LOL

Reaction score
Right. And 3800, 30+ touchdowns is certainly VERY good.

I'm not taking away from Pat, I think he's a great player and seems like a legit good, humble dude...

But I'm just being REAL - I mean Kelce is ALREADY a Top 5 All Time TE at this point in his career ... He will probably play another 2 - 3 years and finish Top 3 ALL TIME for Tight Ends. Ever.

This is a guy like your Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy G (when younger), Witten, Sharpe, etc.

That probably helps a bit. LOL
Kelce wouldn’t help enough to turn the Packers around :whistling:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dig up Buddy Ryan and put him in as D Coordinator....current player? I will throw a curve ball and say Tyreek Hill

Members online

Latest posts