Has it really frozen over?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Wisconsin in May (though it was damn cold last night) I'm talking about the fact that Colin Cowherd is saying nice things about the Packers. He's still can't resist taking some subtle shots at Rodgers and his contract but he likes what they have done on defense and the OL.

Will wonders never cease.

If clueless starts saying nice things I think I'm going to start going to church again just in case.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1522837059589

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Wisconsin in May (though it was damn cold last night) I'm talking about the fact that Colin Cowherd is saying nice things about the Packers. He's still can't resist taking some subtle shots at Rodgers and his contract but he likes what they have done on defense and the OL.

Will wonders never cease.

If clueless starts saying nice things I think I'm going to start going to church again just in case.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1522837059589

I, like you, am dodging lightning bolts.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all. He was viciously attacking Rodgers and the Packers last season, but before that he was extremely complimentary to both. I gather that was preceded by a period when he was negative. Now it appears that he's back to being complimentary again.

I've noticed he flip flops his opinion a lot. With the Packers, he seems to be very streaky. A long period of positivity followed by a long period of being a ****. And so on, and so on. Probably does it to keep from being bored. I'm not convinced he has any real opinions, he just says things to be on the radio.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all. He was viciously attacking Rodgers and the Packers last season, but before that he was extremely complimentary to both. I gather that was preceded by a period when he was negative. Now it appears that he's back to being complimentary again.

I've noticed he flip flops his opinion a lot. With the Packers, he seems to be very streaky. A long period of positivity followed by a long period of being a ****. And so on, and so on. Probably does it to keep from being bored. I'm not convinced he has any real opinions, he just says things to be on the radio.

I've never really listened to him other than what others have posted links to here and even then I skip most of them. Speaking of skip I don't think Cowherd is as bad as clueless. I did listen to his (cowherd) position on OBJ and the whole circus catch vs circus thing and he does have a point. OBJ brings at least as much off field drama as he does on field performance. I did like his Family Feud style of presenting the top 10 most memorable OBJ moments.

I think you may be right about the opinion of the day angle. Being a nice guy and always saying nice things doesn't usually bring in as many viewers as being a ****. It may also prevent some fans from being completely turned off and tuning out all together if he does say some nice things about their team every now and then.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven’t heard from the herd in a while but he threw shade on the Packers and Rodgers a year ago? Gee.... they both had such great seasons... go figure

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you may be right about the opinion of the day angle. Being a nice guy and always saying nice things doesn't usually bring in as many viewers as being a ****. It may also prevent some fans from being completely turned off and tuning out all together if he does say some nice things about their team every now and then.
As I said in another thread, he's talked about growing up listening to radio in the days of Imus and Howard Stern. I think that's influenced him to take kind of a "shock jock" approach to sports talk.

The flipping of opinion might also keep things from getting boring. Skip Bayless gets boring because you know he's going to be talking about and praising the Cowboys, it never changes. Cowherd also claims he's not a fan of any one particular team. I'm not sure if I believe that, but I do think that he strives for that as a philosophy for his show.

He also does those segments "Where Colin was right, Where Colin was wrong", so he will admit it when he's wrong sometimes. I don't think he's really worried about being wrong, he just wants to be entertaining. There's plenty of times when I want to punch him in the face, but.... Well, I just leave it at that :)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys do know this is a set up right? He's already said that Rodgers has no excuse to do well this year because The Packers have buffered the defense, as if he has any control over that. If Rodgers does well this year then he'll go on and say how he was right, but should Rodgers not get the job done, he'll bash on him and whatnot. Classic win win situation for him.

Members online

Latest posts