Green surpasses 8,000 yards

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green's 19-yard run in the third quarter put him over the 8,000-yard mark as a Packer, making him just the second running back in team history to reach the milestone.
The other is Jim Taylor, the franchise's all-time rushing leader with 8,207.

Green finished the game with 22 carries for 79 yards, and the 19-yard run was his longest of the day. Green now has 8,049 yards in his career in Green Bay, putting him just 159 yards away from breaking Taylor's franchise record.

Green is also just 54 yards shy of 1,000 on the season. Should he get them, it will mark his sixth 1,000-yard season and break the tie he has in that category with Taylor

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, he's getting into some historic territory here. I has to be noted that Taylor played in the era of 12-game seasons, but still, Ahman has been a great running back for us for a lot of years now. And this could be his last season as a Packer. He is a free agent. I hope they can keep him, because I like the Green/Morency two-headed beast. They complement each other well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Wow, he's getting into some historic territory here. I has to be noted that Taylor played in the era of 12-game seasons, but still, Ahman has been a great running back for us for a lot of years now. And this could be his last season as a Packer. He is a free agent. I hope they can keep him, because I like the Green/Morency two-headed beast. They complement each other well.

Thanks given to the topic. In all the madness, I forgot Mr. Green passed 8k. Very cool! :packbeer:

Greg - Agree with you. Sign him another year and split 50/50 w/Morency, just like in '96 when Bennett and Levens split the role. Keep them fresh. '07 is going to rock with Driver and a fully healthy Jennings, and with Green and Morency behind an improved OL.

Forgot it was 12-game seasons. Sorry for going off topic, but too bad LT2 broke Horning's 176 point record. So I imagine Horning scored 176 points in only 12 games? Wow.