good game guys...

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just wanted to pop back in and congratulate you guys on a nice win. as always it was a great game with many ups and downs. not a lot of positives for the vikes but hopefully we'll be playing better when we meet again in a month. i like to think the division is still wide open but we're playing so bad right now it's tough to remain too optimistic. i saw that favre was barely walking after his presser so we might be seeing some tavaris jackson! ugh. i guess if i wanna look at it positively....he'll have to actually TRY to play as poor as favre has played so far this year. i just think favre has too much crap going on to be able to focus on football right now. looking forward to what our teams look like when we have our rematch in the dome! stay healthy and i appreciate the banter these last few days. see ya in a few weeks. skol!:wave:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
VERY NICE

You are a CLASSY poster and I personally want you to stick around...

So consider being a solid member here

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dammit, your making it hard for me to continue to believe all the stereotypes of Viking fans.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Dammit, your making it hard for me to continue to believe all the stereotypes of Viking fans.
Don't worry, some jerk will come here before the next Packer-Vikings game and renew your faith. They always do. And they never stick around. Which is good.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, some jerk will come here before the next Packer-Vikings game and renew your faith. They always do. And they never stick around. Which is good.

You can count on that! but Nice thread by the Fan in purple...did I just say that?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I'm still waiting for MNVikes4eva to show his face. Doubt he'll be back.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
i like to think the division is still wide open but we're playing so bad right now it's tough to remain too optimistic.

It is. We both are playing horrible. Our offense hasn't scored in the second half of a game in the last three games. I'm very happy we won, and LOVED our defensive effort, but our offense is scaring me, and unless we can get everyone on the same page the Bears might actually win the division by default :suicide2:

Anyway, it was a PHENOMENAL game with ups and downs as you said, and I can't WAIT for the rematch. Division games are always the best!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for MNVikes4eva to show his face. Doubt he'll be back.

That would be the highlight of my day :viksux:

And classy post by the vikes fan. I dont think anyone on this forum will tell you they werent nervous the last minute of the game last night.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just wanted to pop back in and congratulate you guys on a nice win. as always it was a great game with many ups and downs. not a lot of positives for the vikes but hopefully we'll be playing better when we meet again in a month. i like to think the division is still wide open but we're playing so bad right now it's tough to remain too optimistic. i saw that favre was barely walking after his presser so we might be seeing some tavaris jackson! ugh. i guess if i wanna look at it positively....he'll have to actually TRY to play as poor as favre has played so far this year. i just think favre has too much crap going on to be able to focus on football right now. looking forward to what our teams look like when we have our rematch in the dome! stay healthy and i appreciate the banter these last few days. see ya in a few weeks. skol!:wave:

I welcome fans of any team to come discuss football on this forum because that is what its for. You're a classy poster and I too hope you stick around, its good to have other perspectives around here, and makes for good debate.. You guys put up a hell of a fight last night too, was a great game!

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.... i saw that favre was barely walking after his presser so we might be seeing some tavaris jackson! ugh. i guess if i wanna look at it positively....he'll have to actually TRY to play as poor as favre has played so far this year

Look at it this way, if the Viqueens bench Favre... at least TJack will get some experience.

As for your posts, I still wonder if you are really a Vikings fan [j/k].:blink: It's nice to know they do have some classy fans. See you in 4 weeks.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the classy comments, they're much appreciated. That was one hell of a nail biter, and definitely an instant classic.

It's going to be interesting to see the makeup of our defense when we meet up again in three weeks. We'll probably have Harris and Bigby back, and hopefully both Jenkins and Pickett will be healthy enough to play so we don't have to use our backup RT on the friggin D-Line. I think those two things will make a defense that I feel is playing quite well even more potent.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thumbs up for vikeinmontana for being a good sport. Not like Vikeman running around posting the refs beat the Vikings in like 5 different threads last night.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Guys, MNVikes4eva is still banned, so you won't be seeing him today.

I have no idea when he's allowed back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Thanks for the classy comments, they're much appreciated. That was one hell of a nail biter, and definitely an instant classic.

It's going to be interesting to see the makeup of our defense when we meet up again in three weeks. We'll probably have Harris and Bigby back, and hopefully both Jenkins and Pickett will be healthy enough to play so we don't have to use our backup RT on the friggin D-Line. I think those two things will make a defense that I feel is playing quite well even more potent.
The Vikes will probably have Rice back by then as well. So it should make for an interesting match up. Rice, Harvin, Moss, Shiancoe and Peterson in the Backfield.

As to the Packers run D. They need to work on it some more. The Jets have to RB's that can kill you.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know if I can call it a nice win, but we'll take it. That was the biggest nail-biter I can remember in a long time. The rematch in the dome should be buck-wild.

It was a strange day for football across the board yesterday. Crazy scores, pretty big upsets, plenty of controversial calls, and lots of records tied or broken. Just a strange day. At least we all got to enjoy Cutler's performance yesterday.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes will probably have Rice back by then as well. So it should make for an interesting match up. Rice, Harvin, Moss, Shiancoe and Peterson in the Backfield.

As to the Packers run D. They need to work on it some more. The Jets have to RB's that can kill you.
I'm still not worries about the run D. Peterson had 4.5 avg. He's a monster. That is very good IMHO against him.

If we commit, we stop the run. But we're committing, for obvious reasons, more to the pass.

Also, we had 3 active DL last game. Neal, Pickett, Jenkins were out. The only guys playing where Raji, Wilson and Wynn, so we were short at DL, and used more 2-4 nickel personel.

At goalline, Lang, a RT, was used in there.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
IMO, if Peterson doesn't break off any 50 yarders and gets to 150 yards 5 yards at a time with the occasional 10 yard run, I call it a success.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, if Peterson doesn't break off any 50 yarders and gets to 150 yards 5 yards at a time with the occasional 10 yard run, I call it a success.
I was thinking about it last night.
Is there any runner in the NFL that's playing better than Peterson? He's a monster, and he's not fumbling anymore.

However, his team is still 2-4...

Nowadays, it's all about the QB. A great RB is very good, and you need to be able to run the ball. But you don't need a great back to be sucessful.