Fire Matt LaFleur

How many wins does MLF need to keep his job?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 8.3%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 8+

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He shouldn’t be fired this year no matter what

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If the Packers season ends on a bottom feeder note, then the pressure on the upper level manager(s), will be to much to night do some house cleaning, for sure if it’s last place in the North,

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
If we are going to walk from MLF - get ready folks for some insanely DARK days in GB. I'll laugh at how bad it will get. You gotta walk with MLF and Love at least next year and see what happens - now if the team is going to walk from Love, I do also say walk from the staff, blow it all up or not at all.
You are already in the DARK days in GB.

In their last 26 games that count they are 10-16. That is a 38% winning percentage.

For reference, in Forrest Gregg's four seasons in GB he had a record of 25-37-1 record for a 39% winning percentage.

If Murphy stands pat, it will probably be worse than Gregg's tenure and is already one and a half seasons into accomplishing that kind of failure.

I understand why some of you can't see it yet. You are so emotionally invested in the team it is hard to judge it an unbiased, objective and completely analytical mindset. But, by seasons end I'm sure reality will sink in for many of the die-hards.

And hey, Ron Wolf fired Ray Rhodes after one 8-8 season, so, firing ML after two losing seasons is not knee-jerk irrational. Murphy also fired a Super Bowl Trophy winning coach McCarthy in season, so, it is not unreasonable to think (hope in my case) Murphy may clean house at any time.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this franchise and its fans have zero clue, honestly zero clue, how NFL life typically is. While many of us could point to promising parts of our team (mainly on offense) and a few key veterans (Bakh, Jones and Jenkins) on the offense...and hope it would click....sad fact is all phases of this year have stunk, and every veteran (even many on defense (Campbell, Jaire and Stokes...now Savage) are hurt and not there either.

There is no one IMO, NONE that can be fired judged off of this year with justification IMO. Barry already should be gone, so he makes a TON of sense. The only other guy that maybe deserves serious fire under his pooper is Steno (force of habit, meant Butkus). This OL has regressed nearly across the board. Yosh couldn't get in the starting line with bad line play, Newman has regressed, Jenkins is playing his worst season ever....Steno managed to have an OL where Myers is arguably the second best playing guy some games.....dear lord that is rough.

I think there's plenty of justification to move on from Gute...he's a guy that somehow gets credit as being good in the draft but hasn't had a really good draft since 2019 (maybe 2022 will turn out to be good too). He staked his job on the 2020 draft and it's looking like that one was a bust so what has he done to make fans or Murphy believe that he's the guy to rebuild a team that needs help all over the place? The only reason to move on from MLF is if he refuses to fire Joe Barry.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And hey, Ron Wolf fired Ray Rhodes after one 8-8 season, so, firing ML after two losing seasons is not knee-jerk irrational. Murphy also fired a Super Bowl Trophy winning coach McCarthy in season, so, it is not unreasonable to think (hope in my case) Murphy may clean house at any time.
But as I said before, if you were to fire MLF what coach worth having is going to want to take a job with Murphy retiring a year and a half from now?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But as I said before, if you were to fire MLF what coach worth having is going to want to take a job with Murphy retiring a year and a half from now?

your assumption might be true and it is very logical . But it is also possible a coach would still take it . so don’t be so hell bent on it can’t happen

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, what coach or GM would want to take the job knowing that a new president is on the horizon? No coach or GM worth his salt is going to want to step into a volatile situation like that and who is going to want to take the job of president if they have to agree to stick with someone else's GM for x number of years?

No matter what happens on the field, it would be a mess in the making to fire either of them after this or next season. The prudent course would be to exercise some patience and accept that rebuilding an offense is a process that is measured in years, not months. Favre's comments on the situation yesterday were on point.

The only feasible way I can see of firing MLF before Murphy retires would be to promote from within. And who would you choose that would be better?
I hope they elect someone from the BOD or executive committee to be president that is a Wisconsinite and will not stick his/her nose into football operations.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy should retire early. That would allow a proper house cleaning. I agree that a capable coach won't step into the job if Murphy is still in charge. MLF has shown that he doesn't base his assistant coaching decisions based upon performance. He'd rather keep a good ol' boy network than replace proven failures like Joe Barry or MO Drayton. His unwillingness to manage a competent staff is one of the main reasons he's now 10-16 in his last 26 games.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are already in the DARK days in GB.

In their last 26 games that count they are 10-16. That is a 38% winning percentage.

For reference, in Forrest Gregg's four seasons in GB he had a record of 25-37-1 record for a 39% winning percentage.

If Murphy stands pat, it will probably be worse than Gregg's tenure and is already one and a half seasons into accomplishing that kind of failure.

I understand why some of you can't see it yet. You are so emotionally invested in the team it is hard to judge it an unbiased, objective and completely analytical mindset. But, by seasons end I'm sure reality will sink in for many of the die-hards.

Most of us lived through thr 70's & 80's..we know what terrible coaching is!

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Murphy should retire early. That would allow a proper house cleaning. I agree that a capable coach won't step into the job if Murphy is still in charge. MLF has shown that he doesn't base his assistant coaching decisions based upon performance. He'd rather keep a good ol' boy network than replace proven failures like Joe Barry or MO Drayton. His unwillingness to manage a competent staff is one of the main reasons he's now 10-16 in his last 26 games.

I hope he retires today as he should have been fired when Thompson was replaced as GM. Murphy's failure to recognize that TT was physically/mentally declining was an egregious failure on his part to preform his primary function as Packers president. That function is to ensure the well-being and health of the organization inclusive of the people making decisions. An enagaged president should have noticed a decline before the infamous 1000 yard stare of TT on national TV. If he was not aware of TT's situation then what else was he not aware of? Murphy admitted that he had left alone Thompson & McCarthy to run things while he focused on the non-football side of operations. What president ignores the major revenue stream of his company? The President of any company sets the tone for the organization. In Murphy's case I believe that word to be "Complacent" and that is inexcusable.

PackerBacker4210

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn’t find a thread for this, so I’m starting one. The team looks so unprepared and undisciplined, and that’s on the coaching staff. I’m not saying he should be fired, but given our recent performance, I suspect we will hear more in this vein soon. So it’s worth having a thread.
He has to go. Arguably one of the worst offensive play callers you will see. I could coach with Rodgers… he has no idea how to exist without a once in a lifetime QB

Ebonypete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this franchise and its fans have zero clue, honestly zero clue, how NFL life typically is. While many of us could point to promising parts of our team (mainly on offense) and a few key veterans (Bakh, Jones and Jenkins) on the offense...and hope it would click....sad fact is all phases of this year have stunk, and every veteran (even many on defense (Campbell, Jaire and Stokes...now Savage) are hurt and not there either.

There is no one IMO, NONE that can be fired judged off of this year with justification IMO. Barry already should be gone, so he makes a TON of sense. The only other guy that maybe deserves serious fire under his pooper is Steno (force of habit, meant Butkus). This OL has regressed nearly across the board. Yosh couldn't get in the starting line with bad line play, Newman has regressed, Jenkins is playing his worst season ever....Steno managed to have an OL where Myers is arguably the second best playing guy some games.....dear lord that is rough.
Did you say Bahk? Good Lord no

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has to go. Arguably one of the worst offensive play callers you will see. I could coach with Rodgers… he has no idea how to exist without a once in a lifetime QB

Absolutely ridiculous. Guys schemed open constantly. I'm guessing you're either a Bears fan or one of Gute's relatives?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know man. Those two TDs were pretty good play calls. Those 23 first downs we had? Looked to me like pretty good play calls. Those 27 completed passes? Probably pretty good calls right there. The end-around TD by Reed? Seemed like a pretty damn good call to me.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't know what we have in MLF. How much was he in conflict with Rodgers? How much has he scaled back because the offense was young? I just don't know.

Team didn't quit last season nor this season and I'm sure this is being massively optimistic, but if they steal a W vs the Lions or Chiefs, there is a real possibility of a 8-9 season which I think is where everyone hoped we would be at.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His major flaw is his slavish devotion to Joe Barry. Otherwise, guys on offense are consistently open in the passing game and his run scheme is pretty good (not great but pretty good). He's not the best offensive coach in the NFL but I'd put him, conservatively, in the top-10.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His major flaw is his slavish devotion to Joe Barry. Otherwise, guys on offense are consistently open in the passing game and his run scheme is pretty good (not great but pretty good). He's not the best offensive coach in the NFL but I'd put him, conservatively, in the top-10.

Fair.

Reaction score
I still don't know what we have in MLF. How much was he in conflict with Rodgers? How much has he scaled back because the offense was young? I just don't know.

Team didn't quit last season nor this season and I'm sure this is being massively optimistic, but if they steal a W vs the Lions or Chiefs, there is a real possibility of a 8-9 season which I think is where everyone hoped we would be at.
I think it’s now very feasible to cover within a 1/2 game over/under (7.5 wins). My more real time guess is
a 7-10 finish, which would be very respectable for a 1st year Starting QB and very young Offense.
3-4 down the stretch is a good bet imo

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it’s now very feasible to cover within a 1/2 game over/under (7.5 wins). My more real time guess is
a 7-10 finish, which would be very respectable for a 1st year Starting QB and very young Offense.
3-4 down the stretch is a good bet imo
Puts the team right about where most people I know had them before week 1.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He really does make some head scratching calls. Not that I'm calling for his head.