Favre: Thompson wanted my *** out of the door.

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Favre: Thompson wanted my *** out of the door.

PackerRealist said:
Yeah hey wanted your *** out the door, and you want your *** on TV. So suck an egg.
lol i have to ask is that a picture of Lynn ****ey as your profile pic? After all that's the only somewhat decent #12 i remember playing? I'll never forget going to the Washington vs Packers Monday night football game way back in the 80's when i seen the best banner ever. It read "you may beat our Packers but you won't lick our ****ey"

Most of these people that have turned on Brett remind me of Bear fans after all they don't give praise to someone that helped bring the glory back to titletown. I know if i was at a job for 16 years and was there everyday no matter what and then a new boss comes in and wants me gone i would be hurt also. So if your a true Packer fan show how great we are and stop bashing someone that gave us everything he had just to be run out by someone that has a major ego and wants this to be known as his his team.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dhazer said:
PackerRealist said:
Yeah hey wanted your *** out the door, and you want your *** on TV. So suck an egg.
lol i have to ask is that a picture of Lynn ****ey as your profile pic? After all that's the only somewhat decent #12 i remember playing? I'll never forget going to the Washington vs Packers Monday night football game way back in the 80's when i seen the best banner ever. It read "you may beat our Packers but you won't lick our ****ey"

Most of these people that have turned on Brett remind me of Bear fans after all they don't give praise to someone that helped bring the glory back to titletown. I know if i was at a job for 16 years and was there everyday no matter what and then a new boss comes in and wants me gone i would be hurt also. So if your a true Packer fan show how great we are and stop bashing someone that gave us everything he had just to be run out by someone that has a major ego and wants this to be known as his his team.

shut up already.

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:
dhazer said:
PackerRealist said:

shut up already.

Sorry Packnic you might not remember Lynn ****ey he was a qb that everyone loved back in the 80's but he couldn't stay healthy. I figured you didnt know thats why you said shut up or was that your Rodgers sound bite? But either way remember Pack fans have a voice so we can use it :p

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dhazer said:
Packnic said:
dhazer said:

shut up already.

Sorry Packnic you might not remember Lynn ****ey he was a qb that everyone loved back in the 80's but he couldn't stay healthy. I figured you didnt know thats why you said shut up or was that your Rodgers sound bite? But either way remember Pack fans have a voice so we can use it :p

Packer fans have a voice. Packer fans don't have NY Jets signatures.

And I dont bash Brett Favre on the football field and have given him plenty of money and praise for his contribution to the Packers. But as a Jets player off the field i can bash him all I want. Brett Favres sense of ownership over this organization is offensive.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brooks87 said:
Who gives a S**t about this anymore.Bretts a Jet now.Its all about A-rod so hop on board now or shut up.

I love that comment. :)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't understand why a Packers fan would want a Jets signature either, no matter who the player is in the photograph. I've always been a fan of the team more than a particular player because today most players do not play their entire career with one ball club.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's too bad Favre can't/won't man up and admit that he talked himself off the Packers. Using Ted Thompson or anyone else with the Packers as a scapegoat for his colossal fumbling of the end of his career in Green Bay is childish & dishonest.
Favre said he was retiring, kept saying he was retired for 4 months before trying to force his way back on to the team. Favre said he wouldn't accept a back-up role to Aaron Rodgers. Favre said whatever he did in those marathon sessions with Mike McCarthy when he did come in to camp that convinced MM and TT that they couldn't take him back.
By his own admission in this interview Favre says he was just playing a game with the Packers, thinking they could come begging to him to unretire & return and when they didn't he was stunned. Sort of like the "Peanuts" cartoon where Lucy always pulled the ball away as Charlie Brown was running up to kick it. Only this time Charlie Brown didn't come running and Lucy freaked.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packerlifer said:
It's too bad Favre can't/won't man up and admit that he talked himself off the Packers. Using Ted Thompson or anyone else with the Packers as a scapegoat for his colossal fumbling of the end of his career in Green Bay is childish & dishonest.
Favre said he was retiring, kept saying he was retired for 4 months before trying to force his way back on to the team. Favre said he wouldn't accept a back-up role to Aaron Rodgers. Favre said whatever he did in those marathon sessions with Mike McCarthy when he did come in to camp that convinced MM and TT that they couldn't take him back.
By his own admission in this interview Favre says he was just playing a game with the Packers, thinking they could come begging to him to unretire & return and when they didn't he was stunned. Sort of like the "Peanuts" cartoon where Lucy always pulled the ball away as Charlie Brown was running up to kick it. Only this time Charlie Brown didn't come running and Lucy freaked.

i find it interesting how you know everthing that went down ... like you were there ,, ya know in the meeting behind closed doors ... you cant believe evrything you hear on TV ...

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At the same time, i find it funny how all the Favre supporters in this saga believe everything he has to say. It goes both ways really.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack4life said:
At the same time, i find it funny how all the Favre supporters in this saga believe everything he has to say. It goes both ways really.

not really ,, i never said i believe everthing he said ... im sure there is some truth to what each side had said ... im just tired of all this crap people feel the need to post ... narrow minded opnions really suck ... when they are based on a issue that has been almost 100% hearsay ,, thats crap ... i said it once and ill say it again olny tt , brett , and mm know what was said ... that is a fact ... everyone knows you cant believe everything you hear ...

also please dont slap a lable on me ... 1st you put words im my mouth ... words i never said .. i dont see where i said i believed every thing brett said ... sorry i dont recall writing that ... i do recall saying ,, i find it interesting how you know everthing that went down ... like you were there ,, ya know in the meeting behind closed doors ... you cant believe evrything you hear on TV ...
so im not sure where i typed the part about believing everything brett says ... then after this you slap your little labels on me ... sorry i wont allow that ... im a packer fan ,, if you must lable me use that ...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

relax, fellas. Favre's gone, lets try and ignore it...until he says something in the media next week(we'll discuss it then).

the season starts in a few days! WHOO!

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mike bat said:
pack4life said:

not really ,, i never said i believe everthing he said ... im sure there is some truth to what each side had said ... im just tired of all this crap people feel the need to post ... narrow minded opnions really suck ... when they are based on a issue that has been almost 100% hearsay ,, thats crap ... i said it once and ill say it again olny tt , brett , and mm know what was said ... that is a fact ... everyone knows you cant believe everything you hear ...

also please dont slap a lable on me ... 1st you put words im my mouth ... words i never said .. i dont see where i said i believed every thing brett said ... sorry i dont recall writing that ... i do recall saying ,, i find it interesting how you know everthing that went down ... like you were there ,, ya know in the meeting behind closed doors ... you cant believe evrything you hear on TV ...
so im not sure where i typed the part about believing everything brett says ... then after this you slap your little labels on me ... sorry i wont allow that ... im a packer fan ,, if you must lable me use that ...

I'm sorry you took such offense to what i wrote. I did not quote you nor did i even put your name in the post i wrote. I didn't slap a label on you, i was talking about those fans in general that are no longer Packers fan because Favre is gone. Never once did i put words in your mouth or slap a label on you....Take it easy buddy.

Please reread my post and you'll see never once did i slap a label on you or put words in your mouth...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Take a look at the interview with Mike McCarthy on packersnews.com. He says there that the Favre situation came down to him (Brett) making a decision. Not that they (McCarthy & Thompson) didn't want him back.
Favre simply wouldnt make that decision - the commitment to playing for the Packers - in a timely or clear manner. So they moved on with Aaron Rodgers.You don't have to be in the room to see that.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

again you just cant believe everything you hear .. peoples jobs are on the line here ... of coarse you would want to toss the blame on Brett ,, cover your own @ss ... you dont have to be too brite to see that ... it was also reported that Brett gave them a 2 year comitiment ,, to me that sounds like a guy thats willing to hop on the train ... most of your life you will have to read between the lines ...you can never just take everything that is givin to ya ... again im not saying one side is rite and the other is wrong ... im sure bolth sides have some truth to there storys ... but i wasnt there so i dont feel the need to drop narrow minded opnions ,, or talk about a certin issue when i really have no ideal what happened ... bottom line ,, this whole issue was hearsay ,, i have trouble believing who ever is saying what ever ... the fact is ,, I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ... so i just get behind Rodgers thats were we are ... the season is starting Rodgers is the guy in title town ... and i want the packers to win ...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack4life said:
mike bat said:
pack4life said:

I'm sorry you took such offense to what i wrote. I did not quote you nor did i even put your name in the post i wrote. I didn't slap a label on you, i was talking about those fans in general that are no longer Packers fan because Favre is gone. Never once did i put words in your mouth or slap a label on you....Take it easy buddy.

Please reread my post and you'll see never once did i slap a label on you or put words in your mouth...

i dont want to argue with you on this ... to me your post seemed like a direct answer to my post ... your post also was posted right after mine ... if you werent talking to me ,, then i was wrong ,, am im sorry for that ... i just dont like people labling me ... the favre supporters to me sounds like a lable ... im a packer fan ,, have been for a long time ... so i just wanted to make that clear ..

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And I think it was more MCCARTHY that wanted Farve's *** out the door, not necessarily TT. MM was the person who had those long talks with Brett a month ago and it seems evident that MM wasn't satisfied with some of what Brett had to say so BF is now playing in NJ and not GB. Isn't it the coach who has the last word on who starts? I remember TT saying he was the last person who wanted to sign the papers to trade Brett to the Jets.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mike bat said:
pack4life said:
[quote="mike bat":cue9ukxu]

i dont want to argue with you on this ... to me your post seemed like a direct answer to my post ... your post also was posted right after mine ... if you werent talking to me ,, then i was wrong ,, am im sorry for that ... i just dont like people labling me ... the favre supporters to me sounds like a lable ... im a packer fan ,, have been for a long time ... so i just wanted to make that clear ..[/quote:cue9ukxu]

That's fine, i don't want to argue either. I do think you need to take a step back and realize this is a forum where others are entitled to their opinions just like you, you seemed to take that post i wrote as a personal attack and got incredibly offended by it, i keep rereading my post and can't see how someone can get as offended as you did.

We'll leave it alone, glad to hear you're a Packers fan that's in it for the long haul

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are two things that ended Bretts career in Green Bay and neither had anything to do with Ted Thompson other than he pulled the plug on the trade.
1. Brett retired, decided he wanted to come back, and then when the Packers were going to Haitiesburg to announce his unretirement, he decided to stay retired.
2. When he said release me or trade me to the Vikqueens. Brett is a traitor and will always be viewed that way by me. After that stuff came out, and especially when Thompson knew the Queens were tampering with Brett, that was the end of the Brett's time in Green Bay.

I don't blame the Packers one bit for letting their spoiled little golden boy go! When I read all this trash coming out of Brett's mouth, it makes me feel good that he's gone. Other than last season, Brett has been below average the last four or five years.

I don't wish Brett any ill-will, but I'd prefer that he shut or at least admit, "damn, I made some serious mistakes and if I hadn't done that, I'd be the starting QB in Green Bay."

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse said:
There are two things that ended Bretts career in Green Bay and neither had anything to do with Ted Thompson other than he pulled the plug on the trade.
1. Brett retired, decided he wanted to come back, and then when the Packers were going to Haitiesburg to announce his unretirement, he decided to stay retired.
2. When he said release me or trade me to the Vikqueens. Brett is a traitor and will always be viewed that way by me. After that stuff came out, and especially when Thompson knew the Queens were tampering with Brett, that was the end of the Brett's time in Green Bay.

I don't blame the Packers one bit for letting their spoiled little golden boy go! When I read all this trash coming out of Brett's mouth, it makes me feel good that he's gone. Other than last season, Brett has been below average the last four or five years.

I don't wish Brett any ill-will, but I'd prefer that he shut or at least admit, "damn, I made some serious mistakes and if I hadn't done that, I'd be the starting QB in Green Bay."

Wow are you the pilot for the plane that was going down there just for Brett or was it the plane that was taking them to the draft and they were going to make a stop by Brett. As far as the tampering comments do you have any proof because TT didn't and the NFL saw it that way and what about this team cell phone that TT had to change his mind about. You won't forget about Brett wanting to play for the Vikings because he is angry and wants to stick it to the man (TT) But your going to back an over rated QB out of college and think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread and one that tells us we have to back him or shut the hell up ( ok i can see your point because i will always hold that against Rodgers) Just think with the schedule and a very delicate qb that can be hurt during practice, we could very well end up with tim tebow for our qb next year now that looks promising in my eyes:). But i will bet packedhouse was a huge Brett fan when Brett and the wrs were carrying this team last year. Like its been said what we get is mostly hear say and we will never know the exact truth both parties to blame as much as i hate to admit it seeing i can't stand TT

dingus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can't stand TT or punctuation!

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't stand TT i believe he will be out of GB within the next 2 years.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ok i had to put it there lol

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hahahaha i just made a new sig maybe this will tell ya how i feel

btw if anyone wants a sig made feel free to pm me with your ideas and ill see what i can come up with

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
Really? Favre can't move on and keep his mouth shut?

The PACKERS, not ted thompson, decide to do this classy thing and give Favre the locker(they coulda put Lumkin in there or something, that wouldn't have been disrespectful at all....) and he *****es?

And he can't see why McCarthy said brett put him in a 'tight spot'? Is he insane or just stupid? Even super man love favre-supporters can see the tight spot he put the PACKERS in.

Just play for the Jets and shut your ****** mouth. And try not to get hurt in week 2 vs. the patriots.

WOW, I havent been back here in a long time, glad I have decided not to be here when I read things like this. "Just play for the Jets and shut your blank mouth"??? What a not so nice thing to say!!!! Only Favre knew knew if it was disrepectful about the locker, we were NOT there to here the full conversation.

I am a Brett supporter and always will be, but to come back in here to see what is all being said, this is very disrespectful. I thought on the other board you became a little nicer Tromadz, guess I was wrong reading all of this.

I am so glad that I was raised with class, having morals and values. I wont be back unless this stuff gets cleaned up and people start being respectful towards others.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heatherthepackgirl said:
tromadz said:
Really? Favre can't move on and keep his mouth shut?

The PACKERS, not ted thompson, decide to do this classy thing and give Favre the locker(they coulda put Lumkin in there or something, that wouldn't have been disrespectful at all....) and he *****es?

And he can't see why McCarthy said brett put him in a 'tight spot'? Is he insane or just stupid? Even super man love favre-supporters can see the tight spot he put the PACKERS in.

Just play for the Jets and shut your ****** mouth. And try not to get hurt in week 2 vs. the patriots.

WOW, I havent been back here in a long time, glad I have decided not to be here when I read things like this. "Just play for the Jets and shut your blank mouth"??? What a not so nice thing to say!!!! Only Favre knew knew if it was disrepectful about the locker, we were NOT there to here the full conversation.

I am a Brett supporter and always will be, but to come back in here to see what is all being said, this is very disrespectful. I thought on the other board you became a little nicer Tromadz, guess I was wrong reading all of this.

I am so glad that I was raised with class, having morals and values. I wont be back unless this stuff gets cleaned up and people start being respectful towards others.

Moved. Non-Packer related. Favre is a Jet now.

He was also only direspecting an article.

This forum is plenty clean and plenty active. In,fact outside of your post, there has been very little animosity at all.

If you choose not the come here, that is your choice.

We are all glad you were raised with class. How lucky and smarmy you are. Like, oh my gawd.

Latest posts