Favre: Thompson wanted my *** out of the door.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Favre: Thompson wanted my *** out of the door.

wischeez said:
Brett's a Jet now, isn't it time to get over it?

Why is it imperative for you to insist that people still discussing the Favre issue are not "over it". I think everyone has been forced to accept it. It's not out of bounds for Packer fans to discuss NFL issues. I think you need to quit telling people what topics are off limits.

How 'bout a round of applause?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

doughsellz said:
wischeez said:

Why is it imperative for you to insist that people still discussing the Favre issue are not "over it". I think everyone has been forced to accept it. It's not out of bounds for Packer fans to discuss NFL issues. I think you need to quit telling people what topics are off limits.

You got a PM.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

wischeez said:
doughsellz said:
wischeez said:

You got a PM.

I for one am tired of beating the dead horse..

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan said:

Thanks for swinging by the lounge LT. Trom is pissed. :D

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I couldent agree more ... fellow members of the round table .... we need a new man law ,, no more Favre talk on packerfourm ...

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mike bat said:

Well put the bat down, Mike.

mike bat said:
I couldent agree more ... fellow members of the round table .... we need a new man law ,, no more Favre talk on packerfourm ...

Man Law? OK invoke the "we agree to censor stuff we don't like rule". Very liberal of you. This is the NFL section of this Forum.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i was just saying ,, bretts gone ,, no longer a green bay packer ... i do like Brett and i was upset that managment didnt let him play .... but thats here nor there ... Bretts a Jett now ,,, i wish him well ... that being said im still a packer fan ... our qb is now Rodgers ,, so i see no need to drag this thing out any further than it already has been ... i understand some ( most ) have a sour tast in there mouth from the whole favre saga ... what ever side you believed ... nothing we say really matters ,, the packers managment decided to move forward with Rodgers ... so here we are with Rodgers ... it is what it is ... we can talk about this till we are blue in the face ,,it wont change anything ... i just believe the Favre chapter of the green bay packers has ended .... im in now way saying Favre isnt a great Qb ,, or trying to take anything from him ... im just saying we are now in the season ,, bretts gone ... its too bad ,, but what more can we really say about it ??

stevekoeppelbiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's a bigger jerk than Obama!

8)

After reading this interview, I am backing Rogers even more!

Brett, Thanks for the years.. It was fun... now go play with your Jets!

Oh, and when the season is over, take as long as you want to announce your retirement,...again,...and then change your mind just before their season starts, just like you did here!

If they tell you they are in a tight spot, because they already made plans to place someone else at QB, then you'll probably think that they hate you too, right..?

Grow up Favre!!

SK

stevekoeppelbiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez said:
Frankly, I don't think I would ever turn on Brett the way many have. He played through pain and did many good things to help the Packers win. While Brett was the starter the packers had the best win/loss record in the NFL.

If nothing else can some of you wish Brett well and hope that he succeeds greatly with Jets just for the better draft pick the Packers will receive??

The Packers will need a quality CB, OT, and DT next year in addition to the usual depth they draft.
Having an extra 2nd round pick would be very helpful.

He also announced his retirement..

He also changed his mind after plans were put in place the the next season that didn't involve him.

He is also paranoid.

He also needs to grow the heck up.

Oh, and Rodgers has nearly as many TDs this season as the experienced Brett Favre does, and far more rushing yards too..

Brett who..?

Oh,...that guy..

Yeah...

That spoiled rotten guy..

Oh, and I say,.....don't retire the #4 jersey...

If an employee of mine who served me as well as he did all those years, and went out the way he did, I wouldn't exactly bake a going-away-cake for the guy if you catch my drift!

SK

Packer.In.The.Peg

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i don't balme him for telling everyone. wow, i wouldn't expect that. oh wait, it's thompson.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Favre is calling as he sees it, Thompson is a straight up @$$ and this year will prove what he did wrong. I am all about a HOF stepping aside when the times comes and they are justing holding on to hold on, but Favre has some left in the tank and to get run out of town the way he did by Thompson was wrong. I do agree Favre try to prolong in making a decision, but still the man couldve still be the man in GB. Thompson is a control plain and simple and with Brett not here it helps Thompson to get out of bed in the morning

yep. TT was so wrong lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't think I would ever turn on Brett the way many have. He played through pain and did many good things to help the Packers win. While Brett was the starter the packers had the best win/loss record in the NFL.

hmm wonder if you still feel that way

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow are you the pilot for the plane that was going down there just for Brett or was it the plane that was taking them to the draft and they were going to make a stop by Brett. As far as the tampering comments do you have any proof because TT didn't and the NFL saw it that way and what about this team cell phone that TT had to change his mind about. You won't forget about Brett wanting to play for the Vikings because he is angry and wants to stick it to the man (TT) But your going to back an over rated QB out of college and think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread and one that tells us we have to back him or shut the hell up ( ok i can see your point because i will always hold that against Rodgers) Just think with the schedule and a very delicate qb that can be hurt during practice, we could very well end up with tim tebow for our qb next year now that looks promising in my eyes:). But i will bet packedhouse was a huge Brett fan when Brett and the wrs were carrying this team last year. Like its been said what we get is mostly hear say and we will never know the exact truth both parties to blame as much as i hate to admit it seeing i can't stand TT

Post of the year in 2008, by far. This is classic

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didnt Brett have an interview with ESPN while with Jets?? Where he said something along the lines of

When you win a SB , or when you win MVP then you can talk?

Im not bringing this up to make fun or ridicule Brett...Just want to see/read that interview again and see what it was all about

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I firmly believe this will be Tightwad Ted's last or second to last season in the nfl as a GM. A.J. Hawk, Harrell and Jordy Nelson....... Talk about a very average linebacker getting top 5 pick money, an injury prone DT who is approaching bust status(in a bad way) and an unnecesary pick at receiver(strongest part of our team) while we have major questions at O-line, zero corner depth, and need safety help. The added value as a 5th receiver that nelson will bring us OVER Koren Robinson will not be seen....ever

Throw in the Favre fiasco and the way this team is going to struggle to hit .500 every year and TT's days are #ered

Thats an interesting way of looking at it.

V

Vikeman

Notice all the ones that blasted Ted are no longer posting here?

I know...bunch of flip flopping band wagon Packer fans who can't admit when they are wrong. They are probably re-registered on this very site under different usernames jumping to TT and Favre's defense every chance they get.

Bozo fanbase.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know...bunch of flip flopping band wagon Packer fans who can't admit when they are wrong. They are probably re-registered on this very site under different usernames jumping to TT and Favre's defense every chance they get.

Bozo fanbase.

Or they became viking fans. which seems about right

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This is by far my favorite thread on this forum. Utterly and totally classic on all accounts. I can honestly say I bought my Aaron Rodgers jersey the day we got rid of Favre, and honestly I was thrilled. After the NFC championship game in 2007 I said right after the game that, "I wanted Favre's old *** gone." My friend that I took to the game said, "How can you say that? Do you know how big Brett Favre is for the Packers?"

I said, "He's not bigger than the Green Bay Packers. He makes too many mistakes. He f@#*$ us over every single year."

We are so lucky to have Aaron Rodgers. Honestly and truly.

Members online

Latest posts