EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw - when in Manchester I will definitely visit Paul Heatons pub to have a pint or two.
Didnt know that he is or was a Germany fan:

"....so we liked the Germans. Then the German side of ’82, I absolutely loved them and ’86, Hans-Peter Briegel, I loved Stielike, I loved Klaus Fischer. I did have a period of liking the Dutch but it came later.
I didn’t really like the French. I remember the 1982 semi-final where Schumacher was wrongly blamed for clattering Battison. I was living down South and everyone was supporting France, but I adored the Germans...."
http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.de/2011/04/paul-heaton-interview.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Btw - when in Manchester I will definitely visit Paul Heatons pub to have a pint or two.
Didnt know that he is or was a Germany fan:

"....so we liked the Germans. Then the German side of ’82, I absolutely loved them and ’86, Hans-Peter Briegel, I loved Stielike, I loved Klaus Fischer. I did have a period of liking the Dutch but it came later.
I didn’t really like the French. I remember the 1982 semi-final where Schumacher was wrongly blamed for clattering Battison. I was living down South and everyone was supporting France, but I adored the Germans...."
http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.de/2011/04/paul-heaton-interview.html

Good article nessie but he's got rose tinted glasses in regard to Schumacher, he did not even get a card for nearly killing the French player. :eek: Superb memories of that World Cup, best ever in my opinion. Having said that top bloke Mr Heaton for liking the German national side.:tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Now Kroos is talking about a possible future with Man U. If this keeps going, why don't they just make Man U a subsidiary of FCB? They could call themselves "North Bayern"!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Now Kroos is talking about a possible future with Man U. If this keeps going, why don't they just make Man U a subsidiary of FCB? They could call themselves "North Bayern"!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

You have a point Croak the current Bayern shirt and Manures of 1983 are identical perhaps also their away shirts could be blue in honour of the mighty CFC and Juan Mata.......:cautious:;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article nessie but he's got rose tinted glasses in regard to Schumacher, he did not even get a card for nearly killing the French player. :eek: Superb memories of that World Cup, best ever in my opinion. Having said that top bloke Mr Heaton for liking the German national side.:tup:
Schumacher was a nutter and fully agree, a yellow card or maybe even a red card would have been well deserved.
Like this interview too, especially because of all 80's and 90's memories though I dont have that much knowledge about british football and minor League teams in those days. But thanks to my first Football Manager PC game I still know all their names ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

haha no offence here lad, i was more wondering if you remembered that there's a few jocks here

it takes something really offensive to get my back up, i'm cool

Yes you`re a Jock, but I`d never hold that against you..........much :D.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Packerfan71 mate. It was only meant in a teasing way, no offence intended. If it DID offend you I apologise unreservedly

None taken Bill I never even saw your post till now, reminds me of that headstone I saw one time at the border. it said Welcome to Scotland sorry you had to wade through so much doodoo to get here. :p;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Schumacher was a nutter and fully agree, a yellow card or maybe even a red card would have been well deserved.
Like this interview too, especially because of all 80's and 90's memories though I dont have that much knowledge about british football and minor League teams in those days. But thanks to my first Football Manager PC game I still know all their names ;)

You still playing that now and again nessie? I recently had to reformat my computer so i'll have to start from scratch again, but I'm looking forward to doing it been a while since I played. Not going to get this year's version (not so good reviews for it)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You still playing that now and again nessie? I recently had to reformat my computer so i'll have to start from scratch again, but I'm looking forward to doing it been a while since I played. Not going to get this year's version (not so good reviews for it)
You've reformat your computer PackerFan71 ? Wow, havent done this since years, good old windows times :tup:
Takes a lot of time, doesnt it ?
Last version of the football manager I had on my computer is the FM 2013, I guess we talked about it before. But I havent played it since months. Please let me know if you think the new version could be worth a try.
And look what I found, do you remember this one ? This was my first Football manager game when I was a little boy, thats why I know all those teams like Tranmere, Torquay, Bury, Colchester.....nice memories ! :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You've reformat your computer PackerFan71 ? Wow, havent done this since years, good old windows times :tup:
Takes a lot of time, doesnt it ?
Last version of the football manager I had on my computer is the FM 2013, I guess we talked about it before. But I havent played it since months. Please let me know if you think the new version could be worth a try.
And look what I found, do you remember this one ? This was my first Football manager game when I was a little boy, thats why I know all those teams like Tranmere, Torquay, Bury, Colchester.....nice memories ! :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Takes a little while to do nessie should get it back tomorrow, I'm using my kindle fire at the moment. :) As far as I know the new fm14 is just more of the same think ill stick with last year's for now. Omg those old versions were rubbish, but at the time we didn't know any better ha! Good memories. Preston North End were my choice back then. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Takes a little while to do nessie should get it back tomorrow, I'm using my kindle fire at the moment. :) As far as I know the new fm14 is just more of the same think ill stick with last year's for now. Omg those old versions were rubbish, but at the time we didn't know any better ha! Good memories. Preston North End were my choice back then. :D
I loved this game, PackerFan71.
May look like rubbish nowadays but was state of the art in 1984. :eek::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i turned 5 in 1984, and started school :whistling::whistling:
You started going to school at the age of 5 ? Wow, thats pretty young. ;)
In Germany our kids are going to school when they turned 6. Do you remember your first PC football game ? What was it ?
But you obviously missed the good old C64 and MS-Dos times ? :D Format c: would have helped to set up the PC much quicker than today (Greetings to PackerFan71 ;) )

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You started going to school at the age of 5 ? Wow, thats pretty young. ;)
In Germany our kids are going to school when they turned 6. Do you remember your first PC football game ? What was it ?
But you obviously missed the good old C64 and MS-Dos times ? :D Format c: would have helped to set up the PC much quicker than today (Greetings to PackerFan71 ;) )
well technically i started school at the age of 4 as my birthday is in november

never had a pc when i was growing up, so first pc game would have been one of the C&C games, first fotty game would have been champ manager 00/01, though did play older versions of it on the sega megadrive, i was always notts county for some reason

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Are you ready for the match of the week on Monday, Sandolf ? ;)
Best defense of the league against the best offense, sounds promising.....

The Chelsea away fixture was the low point of the season so far. If not for Joe Hart's howler, we should have one more point and they two less. So it is time to make amends and open up a little distance from them in the table.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chelsea away fixture was the low point of the season so far. If not for Joe Hart's howler, we should have one more point and they two less. So it is time to make amends and open up a little distance from them in the table.
Dont count your chickens before they're hatched Sandolf ;)
I expect Chelsea to grab at least one point though City seems to be in top form at the moment. Very impressive offense !

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Dont count your chickens before they're hatched Sandolf ;)
I expect Chelsea to grab at least one point though City seems to be in top form at the moment. Very impressive offense !

Well nessie... you may be the one poster here that is most sensitive to the fact that I have been counting these chickens for a very long time. ;)

There were a lot of doubters when MCFC took to the path of converting a team in a constant state of relegation trouble into a world class outfit. But these things do take time. A lot of time. I am happy with the depth of the squad. We are still in all four competitions this year. Having a guy like Jovetic when Aguero goes down is a big plus. Chelsea cannot match us there, but still represent a big test. FC Barcelona looms on the horizon as well. The chicken may well be very good to us this year.

---
btw... if the Chargers had ANY sort of depth, we may have been spared the indignity of having to watch the Donks this weekend.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think Citeh are a good side, (they should be by now) having all that Arab money thrown at them. But I still think they are weak in defence at times, and previously against well drilled sides they come unstuck. Mancini was a class act and should still be coach. In this respect their owners are similar to Abramovich all to eager to hire and fire at will.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts