EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Berlin? No....
If you are looking to meet Russians and Russian culture then Berlin is your city. ;)

Really? i thought they were told to go home 23 years ago.....................must be a few stragglers. ;)

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Fair play to Paul Lambert hes doing a great job there, T***y doing his donkey impression again. 1-1 Christian Benteke is a beast.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not starting Lukaku is a crime as far as i'm concerned, one thing defenders dont like is big, strong, fast centre forwards. You have one, but dont start him.

Another blinking Belgian would not disagree with that, hes young and he needs the experience. Reminds me of an embryonic Drogba.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? i thought they were told to go home 23 years ago.....................must be a few stragglers. ;)

You would be surprised how many Russians are still living in Berlin.
There are even Russian newspapers and radio stations :eek: And many good restaurants !:)

Btw- terrific gig by Amy, she obviously likes to interact with the crowd.
And she were talking about football, about how proud she is to have sung the National Anthem and that Scotland had a very decent game against their "old enemy" England.
She said unfortunately you never know what you get when Scotland is playing, sometimes "nearly" as good as Spain, but very often not better than Faeroe Islands.... :eek::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You would be surprised how many Russians are still living in Berlin.
There are even Russian newspapers and radio stations :eek: And many good restaurants !:)

Btw- terrific gig by Amy, she obviously likes to interact with the crowd.
And she were talking about football, about how proud she is to have sung the National Anthem and that Scotland had a very decent game against their "old enemy" England.
She said unfortunately you never know what you get when Scotland is playing, sometimes "nearly" as good as Spain, but very often not better than Faeroe Islands.... :eek:
:D

Its easy to imagine now you mention it thats the case, heck i didn't know until recently there's a bit of Russia stuck on its own right next to Poland on the Baltic. :confused:

Amy was right the England game for us was a loss but it felt like a win because of the performance of the first hour.
Spain's coach was amazed that we didn't qualify for the Euros after we played them. In one off games nearly as good as the world champions, but we are normally as bad as the Faeroe's. :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its easy to imagine now you mention it thats the case, heck i didn't know until recently there's a bit of Russia stuck on its own right next to Poland on the Baltic. :confused:

Amy was right the England game for us was a loss but it felt like a win because of the performance of the first hour.
Spain's coach was amazed that we didn't qualify for the Euros after we played them. In one off games nearly as good as the world champions, but we are normally as bad as the Faeroe's. :rolleyes:

But now with reasonable hope that things are getting better soon ;)

Just read this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400021/Nicolas-Anelka-walks-West-Brom.html

Another wasted talent, no doubt that he could have been a world class striker.
Strange guy......

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

did you see the clip of Ronaldo having a hissy fit because Nani stole his goal on that same page ??? Priceless....lol

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
But now with reasonable hope that things are getting better soon ;)

Just read this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400021/Nicolas-Anelka-walks-West-Brom.html

Another wasted talent, no doubt that he could have been a world class striker.
Strange guy......

Even a decent performance in the next game at home to Belgium would do. :)

The perfect chance for him to do well again and even get a move to a bigger side, Leopards and spots as they say. A flawed character.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was at one time not so sure if he still is, a fool to himself would have been a Legend if he stayed with the ****.
His numbers for Chelsea werent bad as well, 125 appearances, 38 goals. Anyway - he played for 11 teams since 1997, no wonder that he didnt make the most out of his abilities.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
His numbers for Chelsea werent bad as well, 125 appearances, 38 goals. Anyway - he played for 11 teams since 1997, no wonder that he didnt make the most out of his abilities.

He did well at Chelsea better than i expected, but alot of that was down to his teammates he combined well with Drogba. He was badly advised though, and had a suspect temperament. Wow didn't know it was that many that's crazy. :eek: As i said though if he had stayed at **** with Henry he would have been a Legend.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the video of Wolves match against Gillingham.
Nice goals, especially the third one. :tup:
And 19.000 people watching a third tier match is a very impressive number !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just watched the video of Wolves match against Gillingham.
Nice goals, especially the third one. :tup:
And 19.000 people watching a third tier match is a very impressive number !

I'm still scratching my head as to why Wolves are down in that league. :confused: The people running the club obviously haven't got a clue. I keep hearing that Celtic are interested in Kevin Doyle (not the most prolific of scorers.)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head as to why Wolves are down in that league. :confused: The people running the club obviously haven't got a clue.
Yepp, its a shame. Not different from our situation in Hamburg.
Wolves seem to have very loyal supporters but unfortunately thats not enough.
Hope they have a chance of promotion anyway!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So Gareth Bale is allegedly joining Real for about £100m thats a joke really it has to be, if this fellow was around today whats the starting price a conservative £300m? :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Gareth Bale is allegedly joining Real for about £100m thats a joke really it has to be, if this fellow was around today whats the starting price a conservative £300m? :)

Wow - 100 m GBP for a Welsh football player, thats crazy. :eek: And Diego ? Unaffordable. Or how about Cruyff, Zidane, George Best, Di Stefano....? :confused: