EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Absolutely agree on Savage but at least he is somehow funny...;)
Dont remember Paul McGrath but reviews of his book are quite good and promising.
Maybe I should get me a copy.....:)

Thanks, PackerFan71 :)
This picture is a nice find when I was searching the web for a picture of her to get me in the mood for her visit in Hamburg next week ;)

Id recommend it, very interesting story every bit the equal of Maldini or Baresi world class player.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seen it before, and id have used it myself. :)

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Dang. Man U looks a lot better than Bayern. Don't know if it's because Swansea is that bad or Frankfurt is that good or Man U is actually that far superior to Bayern.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang. Man U looks a lot better than Bayern. Don't know if it's because Swansea is that bad or Frankfurt is that good or Man U is actually that far superior to Bayern.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Early days Swansea are a low to mid-table team, even with a change of coach Man U with the players they have will always steamroller a team like Swansea. Shocker of the day by far is Arsenal beaten 1-3 at home by a team that just stayed up last season.

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Fantastic opening day to the Premier League. Man Utd do what they do best, didnt play particularly great but managed to win 4-1, quite incredible really. Aston Villa shock Arsenal too, i think they'll have a good season this year, top half finish for them.

Regarding Swansea, dont look into todays result too much, they'll comfortably finish in the top 10. They're a class outfit, with a little luck today they could have been 2-up before Utd got their first.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I like Lambert i hope that he does well, even though i don't really like the team hes with. A mid table position for them this season would be good. Swansea will be fine too many good players and a class manager.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good start into the season by Chelsea, Impressive first half although Lamp missed a penalty.:tup:
Watched Palace against Spurs before, Bale didnt play, I guess because of his pending transfer?
And Selhurst Park looked like a small, old school stadium. Awesome atmosphere :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Good start into the season by Chelsea, Impressive first half although Lamp missed a penalty.:tup:
Watched Palace against Spurs before, Bale didnt play, I guess because of his pending transfer?
And Selhurst Park looked like a small, old school stadium. Awesome atmosphere :)

Typical Mourinho game its like he's never been away, job done in the first half. Performance went down a few gears until the finish, job done 3 points. Rooney set up a couple of goals for ManU but he is doing a Robbie Savage, ManU should cast him off its clear where he wants to go.

Wow just informed that Arsenal with their player policy, have a potential transfer kitty of about £350m. Thats more than the whole of the premier league, yet their top transfer target chooses Wolfsburg. To trigger a transfer clause for Suarez they offer £40m+£1..................strange somethings amiss at that club. :confused:

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Decent start for both Spurs and Chelsea, both pretty much controlled their games, kept a clean sheet and took the 3 points, all without setting the world alight with their performances. Bales gone if you ask me, and who can blame him, when Madrid come calling theres only one outcome. If they get £85m for him which seems to be the figure, then Tottenham should invest about £45-50m of it in the squad. A left sided midfielder to replace Bale obviously, a Centre Back, a 'Number 10' to play behind Soldado, and another Centre Forward to give some competition to Soldado, as i dont think Defoe nor Adebayor offer that.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decent start for both Spurs and Chelsea, both pretty much controlled their games, kept a clean sheet and took the 3 points, all without setting the world alight with their performances. Bales gone if you ask me, and who can blame him, when Madrid come calling theres only one outcome. If they get £85m for him which seems to be the figure, then Tottenham should invest about £45-50m of it in the squad. A left sided midfielder to replace Bale obviously, a Centre Back, a 'Number 10' to play behind Soldado, and another Centre Forward to give some competition to Soldado, as i dont think Defoe nor Adebayor offer that.
Agree, and thats exactly what the commentator said.
Spurs need to invest in their team because Bale will leave and, as much as I remember, 18(?!) players have already left Tottenham. They also said that its likely to happen that Defoe will leave as well, QPR and another team that I dont remember yet were mentioned.
Solid game by Spurs anyway but I found Soldado quite weak.
Does the EPL have the same transfer window like we have in Germany, until the End of August ? If so not much time left, I expect many transfers to happen next week....
Btw - how are the Wolves doing ? ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Mourinho game its like he's never been away, job done in the first half. Performance went down a few gears until the finish, job done 3 points. Rooney set up a couple of goals for ManU but he is doing a Robbie Savage, ManU should cast him off its clear where he wants to go.

Wow just informed that Arsenal with their player policy, have a potential transfer kitty of about £350m. Thats more than the whole of the premier league, yet their top transfer target chooses Wolfsburg. To trigger a transfer clause for Suarez they offer £40m+£1..................strange somethings amiss at that club. :confused:
350m GBP ? Thats incredible.
And Luiz Gustavo was their top target ? Really ?
Looks like Wolfsburg offers competetive salaries, thanks to Volkswagen :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
350m GBP ? Thats incredible.
And Luiz Gustavo was their top target ? Really ?
Looks like Wolfsburg offers competetive salaries, thanks to Volkswagen :rolleyes:

Thats the figure but it seems its the accountants that are in charge, (and i think one of them is the coach) not football men. Suarez, Luiz Gustavo, amongst others were targets but for one reason or another nothing happened. There is definate unrest amongst the support and quite rightly so, they are a big club not Crewe Alexandra.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K.....everybody is waiting for the Bale-Madrid transfer to happen. Today I learned he couldnt play for Tottenham last weekend because of a foot injury.
A foot injury ? :cautious:
Do they take us for fools ?:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K.....everybody is waiting for the Bale-Madrid transfer to happen. Today I learned he couldnt play for Tottenham last weekend because of a foot injury.
A foot injury ? :cautious:
Do they take us for fools ?:rolleyes:

I am so bored with all this Bale/Rooney thing, great for the journos they can make up any nonsense they like. ''A source close to the player said.........................'' after a while its like wallpaper, its there but you pay no attention to it. :sleep:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so bored with all this Bale/Rooney thing, great for the journos they can make up any nonsense they like. ''A source close to the player said.........................'' after a while its like wallpaper, its there but you pay no attention to it. :sleep:
Agree ! But now put your cards on the table, PackerFan71 ;)
Would you like to see him in a Chelsea jersey or not ? :sneaky: :p
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-chelsea-make-2180836

Edit: Btw - off topic again but found this little book about how to insult and swear the English way properly when
travelling :D
Of course complete nonsense but funny.
Havent heard "Are you off your rocker" before :eek::D

Edit2: A tweet by Amy, her "dream team"
https://twitter.com/Amy__Macdonald/status/368727126762995713/photo/1
I wonder why she put Mertesacker in the starting lineup ! :eek:

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree ! But now put your cards on the table, PackerFan71 ;)
Would you like to see him in a Chelsea jersey or not ? :sneaky: :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-chelsea-make-2180836

Edit: Btw - off topic again but found this little book about how to insult and swear the English way properly when
travelling :D
Of course complete nonsense but funny.
Havent heard "Are you off your rocker" before :eek::D

Edit2: A tweet by Amy, her "dream team"
https://twitter.com/Amy__Macdonald/status/368727126762995713/photo/1
I wonder why she put Mertesacker in the starting lineup ! :eek:

In all honesty i don't really like Rooney he comes across as a spoiled child. However as a player he is a talent, linking up with Mourinho would be good for him. He wants away from ManU thats self evident.

Ha that is so old school here are some tame ones ;

''Nincompoop'' ''Berk'' ''Jessie''

''He's one sandwich short of a Pick-nick''

''The lift doesn't go all the way to the top''

''He's daft as a brush''

Surprized she didn't have McGregor in goals given who she supports. Lamberts ''flavour of the month'' he scores in an international and they think he's something special. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty i don't really like Rooney he comes across as a spoiled child. However as a player he is a talent, linking up with Mourinho would be good for him. He wants away from ManU thats self evident.

Ha that is so old school here are some tame ones ;

''Nincompoop'' ''Berk'' ''Jessie''

''He's one sandwich short of a Pick-nick''

''The lift doesn't go all the way to the top''

''He's daft as a brush''

Surprized she didn't have McGregor in goals given who she supports. Lamberts ''flavour of the month'' he scores in an international and they think he's something special. :rolleyes:

And Plan B is Robert Lewandowski ? :eek: Thats what I read, no doubt he would be the better option.

These are nice ones, PackerFan71. I love to learn new sayings :):tup:

Perfect weather for Amys open air gig today, sunny and warm.
The concert venue, Hamburg Stadtpark, is one of the nicest places in Hamburg and as expected its sold out ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And Plan B is Robert Lewandowski ? :eek: Thats what I read, no doubt he would be the better option.

These are nice ones, PackerFan71. I love to learn new sayings :):tup:

Perfect weather for Amys open air gig today, sunny and warm.
The concert venue, Hamburg Stadtpark, is one of the nicest places in Hamburg and as expected its sold out ;)

Thats one of the players mentioned, id sell Torres and Ba and bring in better players. Lewandowski and Rooney would be nice as replacements. ;) Its not going to happen though.

Today? nice enjoy!

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats one of the players mentioned, id sell Torres and Ba and bring in better players. Lewandowski and Rooney would be nice as replacements. ;) Its not going to happen though.

Today? nice enjoy!

Didnt you promise to send us Torres to Hamburg for free ? :mad::D
Ba would be more than welcomed too.... ;)

Yepp, today. I wonder how many Brits or especially Scots will be there.
Hamburg is well known as Germanys "most-anglophile" city ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didnt you promise to send us Torres to Hamburg for free ? :mad::D
Ba would be more than welcomed too.... ;)

Yepp, today. I wonder how many Brits or especially Scots will be there.
Hamburg is well known as Germanys "most-anglophile" city ;)

If i had my way i would, you could have both of them. Ba, i never saw the point in having him at all. :confused:

Is it? i thought that was Berlin with its weird Alternative scene. ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, and thats exactly what the commentator said.
Spurs need to invest in their team because Bale will leave and, as much as I remember, 18(?!) players have already left Tottenham. They also said that its likely to happen that Defoe will leave as well, QPR and another team that I dont remember yet were mentioned.
Solid game by Spurs anyway but I found Soldado quite weak.
Does the EPL have the same transfer window like we have in Germany, until the End of August ? If so not much time left, I expect many transfers to happen next week....
Btw - how are the Wolves doing ? ;)

All appears to be going pretty well, considering its still only 3 games gone for us, W2 D1 L0 Scored6 Conceded1... So a decent start, Alot of young players now though, which is encouraging, but can be a little frustrating from time to time too.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Btw, I have the strangest gut feeling that Arsenal are going to bid for Torres, if Mourinho looks for another CF, which it looks like he may just do.

Nothing would surprize, but i would not let him go there. He'd probly realize he was a striker again and start scoring, id punt him back to Europe.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
All appears to be going pretty well, considering its still only 3 games gone for us, W2 D1 L0 Scored6 Conceded1... So a decent start, Alot of young players now though, which is encouraging, but can be a little frustrating from time to time too.
Sounds good. Is promotion a realistic aim for Wolves this season?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i had my way i would, you could have both of them. Ba, i never saw the point in having him at all. :confused:

Is it? i thought that was Berlin with its weird Alternative scene. ;)
Berlin? No....
If you are looking to meet Russians and Russian culture then Berlin is your city. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts