Do you miss the trolls?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to that Giants troll who was so insistent that the Giants defense was head over heels better than ours?

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
I mean, I'm a Lions fan, but would I consider myself a Troll? hmmmm...
I guess my mere presence can be construed as trolling, lol. TBH, the Lions forum is boring as all get out. I told a Packer troll over there not too long ago that his favorite cheese was 'Fermunda' and I got warned and the post was deleted. On MY teams board!!! And the Saints fans the past 2 days with the 'who dat?' nonsense... ugh. I've found that the best football debates happen on rival boards.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess my mere presence can be construed as trolling, lol. TBH, the Lions forum is boring as all get out. I told a Packer troll over there not too long ago that his favorite cheese was 'Fermunda' and I got warned and the post was deleted. On MY teams board!!! And the Saints fans the past 2 days with the 'who dat?' nonsense... ugh. I've found that the best football debates happen on rival boards.

Look back at when we were in SB week. Thats trolling.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't consider rational and impartial discussion/debate to be trolling, even if it comes from rivals. We have a well respected Vikings fan in Raptorman who constantly posts here, but they're well thought out, informative and help keep a discussion moving. They aren't the "Woodson deserves to get his *** beat for what he did in week 1" type of discussions, which ARE in fact trolling.

All that to say this: You're good. :)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

LOL I like having you here....When we have fans of other teams it makes them easier to have conversations as they can bring out points we normally probably wouldn't think of from being a fan.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
There still is a Viking troll posting-- the PurplePeopleEater guy with the avatar of Jared Allen laying on the bear pelts. Poor guy. Imagine watching your team suck all season long and only get excitement by troll posting on a rival board. His messages are usually short- like, "Packers will get trounced this week." No one even bothers to reply to him any more. Sad.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Once again it helps to remind myself that not all opposing fan posts are trolling. There are some fans for other teams who are very passionate about their team and will heartily defend their team with strong opinions. They just like the give and take of a good strong discussion. They are not necessarily trolls.

Trolls are the ones who come on looking for a fight or a chance to disrupt the board, with little intelligent conversation to back it up. They just want to get people emotionally bugged.

Sometimes I think folks might be afraid of spirited debate with strong opinions. Or they don't know how to hold spirited debate with strong opinions and remain respectful of the other person.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again it helps to remind myself that not all opposing fan posts are trolling. There are some fans for other teams who are very passionate about their team and will heartily defend their team with strong opinions. They just like the give and take of a good strong discussion. They are not necessarily trolls.

Trolls are the ones who come on looking for a fight or a chance to disrupt the board, with little intelligent conversation to back it up. They just want to get people emotionally bugged.

Sometimes I think folks might be afraid of spirited debate with strong opinions. Or they don't know how to hold spirited debate with strong opinions and remain respectful of the other person.

This. ^^

It's important to be able to distinguish between a true troll and merely a fan of another team.

I think the term, "troll" is overused on forums. Not every fan from an opposing team, even a rival who comes on a team's forum is a troll. I think it's important to remember this when we want to call somebody a troll. On this particular forum, trolls are sacked pretty quickly, they don't live a very long life span. However, fans of other teams (Jules, Rapterman, Valhalla, the 49'ers fan, just to name a few) inspire spirited debate and may get even us to open our eyes and look at something with a new perspective that perhaps we would not of seen had they not pointed it out.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Now that is high praise. I suppose that comment proves I'm not because he would be far to humble and gracious to say that (but I do appreciate that comment greatly GBG).

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There still is a Viking troll posting-- the PurplePeopleEater guy with the avatar of Jared Allen laying on the bear pelts. Poor guy. Imagine watching your team suck all season long and only get excitement by troll posting on a rival board. His messages are usually short- like, "Packers will get trounced this week." No one even bothers to reply to him any more. Sad.

NICE!!! I did not know I was a troll till now...wooohoooo, trolls are awesome! I have not had the time this season to spend much time around the forum, but I will try to come out from under my bridge every now and then to haunt you. I am glad that I am remembered by good ole PfanCan. I do get excitement by posting on this board...guys like PFcan get their ******* all bunched up and I find that pretty funny.

Members online

Latest posts