Do you miss the trolls?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were some decent Steelers fans on here then, they are different. As I recall, they even came back to congratulate us after the win. I don't consider those guys trolls at all and I enjoyed discussions with them even before we won the game. They are just fans of another team come to watch the game with us. But the nasty Steelers fans, the ones who were bad enough to get the sack from the mods, oh my were they something. They were probably never here for any real discussion and probably never intended to be here for any length of time considering they'd get banned anyway. They were just here to rile us up and mess with us. That's my definition of a troll, one who comes to deliberately upset a discussion or agitate a group of people with a malicious intent.
Yeah.
There were some trouble makers here from a Stealers forum.
On their own SF, one of them was like "Guys, go talk trash on the Packers forum." And they took up the invitation.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Jules18 is a troll here... Acting like he/she is a Packers fan or something. Ugh. :mad:;)
With all due respect Jules18 acknowledges she's a Colts fan. In spite of their poor year she comes here to talk football. She doesn't have a split screen homage to the Packers and Colts like some goof with a split screen with the Packers/49ers. She's an AFC fan and I think it's delightful she comes here to talk football.
She wishes well for a franchise she respects and it's shallow to not accept her contributions here as she's contributed for some time. I apologize in advance if you are not a female Jules, I thought I saw a post somewhere that denoted that. Your football knowledge is solid and regardless of having and "innie" or an "outie" your posts have been insightful and informative to me.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With all due respect Jules18 acknowledges she's a Colts fan. In spite of their poor year she comes here to talk football. She doesn't have a split screen homage to the Packers and Colts like some goof with a split screen with the Packers/49ers. She's an AFC fan and I think it's delightful she comes here to talk football.
She wishes well for a franchise she respects and it's shallow to not accept her contributions here as she's contributed for some time. I apologize in advance if you are not a female Jules, I thought I saw a post somewhere that denoted that. Your football knowledge is solid and regardless of having and "innie" or an "outie" your posts have been insightful and informative to me.

Ohhh I do think that poster was joking. And I took no offense. I appreciate your kind words though. I also enjoy your posts very much.

I do like the Packers second A LOT. They have sorta become my second team in a way. I always liked them under Favre but I ADORE the Rodgers era...and feel drawn to follow them. I still won't ditch the Colts though and I grew up with these guys, but they better make some changes. I see no reason why both the Colts and Packers can't get my support right now. And they are not going to be in direct competition for a championship (at least not for a while IMO lol). The last decade was more the Colts time to get a SB win or two. This decade will be tough sledding I feel for a while. I think this is the Packers time and I plan on enjoying watching and rooting for them. I hope Aaron gets as much as he can in his prime. And really the Colts situation is okay with me deep down. No way should a team go 0-16 but at the same time I did not feel this was a contender the last few years. Poor drafting, poor coaching, aging stars and just teams getting better in the league and leaving them behind will catch up to you.

Yep I am female. I think my gushing at times over Aaron made it obvious enough?;) Well I guess not everyone has seen in me in the chat in games once in a while. (lmao)

Aaron freaking Rodgers!!!! :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
POSSESS her with the DARK SIDE of the Force, I mean the Green Side :D

I do like green and gold eye makeup. I guess thats the least I can do at times. Deck out my eyes in Packers colors for their big games? Might bring them luck.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah.
There were some trouble makers here from a Stealers forum.
On their own SF, one of them was like "Guys, go talk trash on the Packers forum." And they took up the invitation.

Yeah mods on one forum were encouraging their posters to cause issues

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just this morning I was thinking about this topic. I was going to come here and post a sarcastic "Fire TT-Fire MM" thread largely to see who would take it seriously(other than the administrators). I was an original poster on many of the former Fire Ted Thompson sites and saw the light. It's amazing how quickly the "Packers fans" will arrive and leave depending on the outcome of games. The Packers have won so much over the past 20 years it's hard to drum up much negativity these days, and that's a good thing. But the trolls will return. I suspect if the Packers get upset in the playoffs, you'll see much name-calling and finger-pointing arrive again, as if winning most of the games in the past two seasons wasn't enough. Quite frankly, if McCarthy keeps winning, he's going to top Vince Lombardi here, as unbelievable as that seems. The Packers played fewer games then, both in the regular season and playoffs, so it was relatively easier back then, from a numbers standpoint, to win it all. But there were also fewer teams and the talent was condensed so you had teams with 5-7 superstars on them. It's just good, not much else to say.

Reaction score
Ohhh I do think that poster was joking. And I took no offense. I appreciate your kind words though. I also enjoy your posts very much.
Yeah, I was joking :). Can a man not be sarcastic around here? :D love ya Jules.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules is a female? huh... never knew....

Is Jules between the ages of 18 and 30? ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just this morning I was thinking about this topic. I was going to come here and post a sarcastic "Fire TT-Fire MM" thread largely to see who would take it seriously(other than the administrators).

since you were a HUGE anti Ted guy I would have seen your post and knew you were being sarcastic

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules is a female? huh... never knew....

Is Jules between the ages of 18 and 30? ;)

Close. 31.

On that note maybe we should all go troll a Titans forum to let off steam?

Kitten, that NE troll can....well he knows what he can do. What a freak.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score

I'd be far more enthusiastic about that if I weren't so depressed that Caldwell probably just got a 28 year contract extension. I probably shouldn't have posted in the Suck For Luck thread that it would be a good idea for the Titans to throw the game, apparently Munchak reads the forums here.

You're welcome, Mike, jerk...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'd be far more enthusiastic about that if I weren't so depressed that Caldwell probably just got a 28 year contract extension. I probably shouldn't have posted in the Suck For Luck thread that it would be a good idea for the Titans to throw the game, apparently Munchak reads the forums here.

You're welcome, Mike, jerk...

I am still not convinced they keep Caldwell. If they do then things went from bad to worse.
Part of me thinks the best way to clean house is if they do go with Luck in the near future. If Manning comes back and things go back to the same I am afraid they keep Caldwell maybe to keep the continuity.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm glad we have Jules here.

She adds a good light to conversation, and I'd trade all the goofy trolls that we don't miss for her.You need someone that thinks outside the box too to talk to. When you're surrounded by fans of all the same team, you could easily miss a different angle of opinion.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In all fairness to Steelers fans. I was out and about this morning and ran into more than one Steelers fan who saw my coat and took time to talk to me about the loss yesterday. Not a one of them was rude. Most of them said they were hoping the Packers would shut the '72 Dolphins up. A lot of them said they were just shocked at the outcome of the game and told me they wished the Packers good luck through the rest of the season. So, not all Steelers fans are Maroons.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had Cowboys fans here, and Chief fans here, say the same thing.... but the Cowboy fans are now climbing back onto their bandwagon.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Close. 31.

Kitten, that NE troll can....well he knows what he can do. What a freak.

Why do that? The Chicago Bears message board is so much more satisfying!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really want trolls, go read a PFT forum. Here's a classic:

Derty Ernie says:Jan 1, 2012 10:55 AM
The Pack should be underdogs. This team is not that good. Their record isn’t indicative of what they are: a team with no pass rush, no run defense and the inability to get three and outs.
8 of there games they won because they got an early lead and held on. 6 games were against teams that have losing records and then some.
I don’t care they have home field advantage, they are going down in week two of the playoffs at home in an embarassing loss.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/mccarthy-upset-packers-are-underdogs/

Members online

Latest posts