umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3049761

Edit by AADP: Zero2Cool and Greg C. have posted blurbs otherwise:

Zero2Cool points out:

Mike McCarthy 10/05/07 said:
(Is Blackmon headed for IR?)
I wouldn't say that. We're going to rehab him here for two, three weeks, and then we're going to re-test him and see where Will is. Pat wants to, just like I said, rehab him and test him after two, possibly three weeks, and see where he is.

CLick here to see the list of Packers on IR

Greg C. points out:

Greg C. said:
Here's another quote from McCarthy, reported in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that the Packers would take two or three weeks before deciding whether cornerback Will Blackmon (broken foot) will go on injured reserve.

"We want to see where Will is with the pain tolerance," McCarthy said. "We're hopeful maybe this is something he can deal with and play."

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers' Blackmon placed on IR with broken foot

do we know who has taken his spot on the 53 man roster yet?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

to bad for Will, good for bush b/c he was about to lose his job.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Huh, I had no idea that your opinions on personnel superceded those of the coaching staff..... :roll:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:

Huh, I had no idea that your opinions on personnel superceded those of the coaching staff..... :roll:

"I feel terrible for Will. He was coming on strong. We all saw what he did as a returner," McCarthy said. "We felt he and Jarrett Bush were right there neck-and-neck as the No. 3 corner. It's a shame. He was contributing on special teams and was really making a move."

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

"I feel terrible for Will. He was coming on strong. We all saw what he did as a returner," McCarthy said. "We felt he and Jarrett Bush were right there neck-and-neck as the No. 3 corner. It's a shame. He was contributing on special teams and was really making a move."

A: Would you like to see him out there?

Q: Right now I think Jarrett is doing a great job. If the time presented itself for Blackmon to get in, he would do a good job. Right now he just hasn't had the opportunity to go out and play. It's just waiting for that opportunity.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

Q: Right now I think Jarrett is doing a great job. If the time presented itself for Blackmon to get in, he would do a good job. Right now he just hasn't had the opportunity to go out and play. It's just waiting for that opportunity.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Packers' Blackmon placed on IR with broken foot

Blackmon is on IR... case closed.. NEXT!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I reeeallly don't want this to be a pissing match, so I'm trying to word this carefully.

Your quote never said anything about Bush losing his job, so I don't see how it proves your original point. There is obviously a difference between somone competing w/you for your position and losing your position.

I took the quote I gave to mean that the coaching staff couldn't find an opportunity for blackmon yet. ie, Bush was still earning his spot.

That's all, I'm sorry if it wasn't as obvious to you as it was to me.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bush/Blackmon - Apples and oranges. To me Blackmon would have been the better nickel but he's made of glass and should be sent on his way. He can't stay healthy. Bush is your average Nickel back. He is better than Dendy. I would rather see what Tramon Williams could do honestly

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

I reeeallly don't want this to be a pissing match, so I'm trying to word this carefully.

Your quote never said anything about Bush losing his job, so I don't see how it proves your original point. There is obviously a difference between somone competing w/you for your position and losing your position.

I took the quote I gave to mean that the coaching staff couldn't find an opportunity for blackmon yet. ie, Bush was still earning his spot.

Who cares dude?? That's probably just what he thinks and he doesn't have to have facts to think so. I honestly think he might have lost his job to Blackmon as well, IF he could have stay completely healthy. It didn't happen and it's not going to happen now, so end of story.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who cares dude?? That's probably just what he thinks and he doesn't have to have facts to think so. I honestly think he might have lost his job to Blackmon as well, IF he could have stay completely healthy. It didn't happen and it's not going to happen now, so end of story.

Sorry if I offended you, dude!! When someone states something as a fact, and its only opinion, people will object. Its not that hard to throw in a JMO once in a while.

The End. :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I'm kind of confused.

I wouldn't say that. We're going to rehab him here for two, three weeks, and then we're going to re-test him and see where Will is. Pat wants to, just like I said, rehab him and test him after two, possibly three weeks, and see where he is.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:

i took the quote to mean will was about to beat out bush, my thoughts , my opinions on a forum, you do not like it to bad.

I thought that was very simple, and very obvious.
but not for you, it just to hard to imangine, someone may have their own thoughts and viewpoints and may want to express them in an open forum.

wow, the insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Seriously, there are more things important that your **** poor pissing match contest.

Anyone have an official IR statement that conflicts with the quote below?

Pack93z said:

I'm kind of confused.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seriously, there are more things important that your **** poor pissing match contest.

Zero2Cool said:
Pack93z said:

I'm kind of confused.

seems pretty simple to me

Will is not going to be on the IR, so I'm not sure what you are looking for!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:

Zero2Cool said:
Pack93z said:

I'm kind of confused.

seems pretty simple to me

Will is not going to be on the IR, so I'm not sure what you are looking for!

That's what I was thinking, but I've always like to have a second credible source. As this transcript was on the same day it was reported Will was going to IR.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that the Packers would take two or three weeks before deciding whether cornerback Will Blackmon (broken foot) will go on injured reserve.

"We want to see where Will is with the pain tolerance," McCarthy said. "We're hopeful maybe this is something he can deal with and play."

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:

Sorry if I offended you, dude!! When someone states something as a fact, and its only opinion, people will object. Its not that hard to throw in a JMO once in a while.

The End. :D

Fair enough, IMHO!!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think I'll start a "Blackmon may be on the IR" thread

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Greg C. said:

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.