1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cedric Benson to the Pack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +796 / 168 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    in all fairness to the backs alot of our run blocking does stink, i mean look at the film. We get pushed back alot and the linemen don't seem as quick to fire off the ball... they just don't seem like maulers to me outside of Sitton. You have to want to run block and pancake guy's, either a guy has it or he doesn't. It's not like teaching a guy footwork fundamentals, run blocking and mauling guy's is a personality if you ask me.
  2. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +52 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    You are so right. After watching that 1960 championship game posted on here I saw what a great run blocking line actually is. Benson is the oldest RB on the roster with 3 young guys behind him ready to take the job. But they cannot stay healthy. If they want the job they will certainly have to earn it.
  3. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    yea man it doesn't seem like they have that fire that good run blocking teams have, heck they don't even protect Aaron that well but him being the beast he is he gets the job done. but not having a good run blocker makes it pretty much impossible for a team to have a good running game and right now that's us, they front men need to ignite a fire and start getting some pancakes!