Cedric Benson to the Pack

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like Benson and hopefully he can turn into somewhat of a receiving back, but I just don't know how good our run blocking is because I honestly don't even remember seeing a running play in all the games I watched last season, so I'm excited to see if maybe we'll incorporate the run a little bit more to take some of that pressure off of Arron Rodgers because he is honestly carrying the team on his back and has been for the last two season's.

in all fairness to the backs alot of our run blocking does stink, i mean look at the film. We get pushed back alot and the linemen don't seem as quick to fire off the ball... they just don't seem like maulers to me outside of Sitton. You have to want to run block and pancake guy's, either a guy has it or he doesn't. It's not like teaching a guy footwork fundamentals, run blocking and mauling guy's is a personality if you ask me.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in all fairness to the backs alot of our run blocking does stink, i mean look at the film. We get pushed back alot and the linemen don't seem as quick to fire off the ball... they just don't seem like maulers to me outside of Sitton. You have to want to run block and pancake guy's, either a guy has it or he doesn't. It's not like teaching a guy footwork fundamentals, run blocking and mauling guy's is a personality if you ask me.
You are so right. After watching that 1960 championship game posted on here I saw what a great run blocking line actually is. Benson is the oldest RB on the roster with 3 young guys behind him ready to take the job. But they cannot stay healthy. If they want the job they will certainly have to earn it.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

yea man it doesn't seem like they have that fire that good run blocking teams have, heck they don't even protect Aaron that well but him being the beast he is he gets the job done. but not having a good run blocker makes it pretty much impossible for a team to have a good running game and right now that's us, they front men need to ignite a fire and start getting some pancakes!

Members online

Latest posts