Cant believe you Favre Haters...

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes been doing great this year and he has one bad game in the playoffs when its really cold and you guys all say you want to him to retire/let arron rodgers play. He was the NFC offensive player of the year and had one of his best years yet..... and then one bad game and suddenly you don't like him...?

i dun get it -_-

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said they wanted him to retire because of that game?

Well I guess people are entitled to their opinion. I don't agree though.

Does this need it's own thread? This will only get ugly, even though I haven't seen anyone say they want him to retire or start A-Rod(although I haven't looked really hard).

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Has anyone really said they want him to retire? I don't recall. I've been a bit critical of him because of his cold weather performances (Bears game and Giants game), but that's pretty much it. As long as that's resolved, then I think we'll be fine. If not though, it could come up again.

Being critical of someone is FAR from wanting them to retire of not liking them. That's what some people just don't seem to get. That's like saying that because you are somewhat tough on your kid about school and what not, or critical of his or her decisions that you don't want them to succeed or that you don't love them. That's far from the case . . usually. Being critical just provides discussion on a forum and i'm pretty sure we all hope Favre has another killer year next year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I haven't seen anyone say they want him to retire or start A-Rod(although I haven't looked really hard).
You must have missed the "Brett retire now!!!" thread. It was a big hit.

Oh yeah, I do remember that one now. Good call. I didn't post in that one.

DoddPower

Reaction score
Ahh yeah, actually, I remember that thread now as well. I honestly didn't pay it much attention. I'm happy he won.

That still doesn't change my being critical statement though! I believe being critical of certain things leads to improvement, and I bet the coaching staff agrees!! I think Brett can have even a BETTER year next year then he did this year with improved players and even more better decisions.

Let's go pack!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is the #2 best QB in the NFL.

All four of the top tier QBs had one Playoff game in which they didn't do too well. Maroney bailed out Brady. Nobody bailed out Favre. We lost as a team, man! As a team! :cool: :cry:

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All four of the top tier QBs had one Playoff game in which they didn't do too well. Maroney bailed out Brady. Nobody bailed out Favre. We lost as a team, man! As a team! :cool: :cry:

Post of the century!
:thumbsup:

Now come back Brett and win the damn SB this year and bring the Pack back to glory!

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone really said they want him to retire? I don't recall. I've been a bit critical of him because of his cold weather performances (Bears game and Giants game), but that's pretty much it. As long as that's resolved, then I think we'll be fine. If not though, it could come up again.

Being critical of someone is FAR from wanting them to retire of not liking them. That's what some people just don't seem to get. That's like saying that because you are somewhat tough on your kid about school and what not, or critical of his or her decisions that you don't want them to succeed or that you don't love them. That's far from the case . . usually. Being critical just provides discussion on a forum and i'm pretty sure we all hope Favre has another killer year next year.

This Michael J Fox quote from American President could easily be modified to refer to fans, teams and players.

I'm a citizen, this is my president, and in this country it is not only permissible to question our leaders, it is our responsibility. But you already know that, Mr. President, because you have a deeper love of this country than any man I've ever known,

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody bailed out anybody. That was the problem. But shouldn't the veterans (Harris,Favre) have bailed out the young kids who are getting their first taste of this type of pressure?

Shouldn't the smart play be done by the veterans, and not the younger players(like Poppinga and Bigby, who played great, which surprised me)?

Bail out Mr. Hall of fame? I don't get that. Shouldn't he be playing the role of Superman and NOT Lois lane? Hmmm....

Hopefully next time, whoever is struggling (young or old, offense or defense, players or coaching staff), other parties pick up the slack.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, he can't do it alone.

Favre and Driver are only two players....

He can't help it if he's on the youngest team in the NFL and there's nobody else. Hey Ted, this is a good reason to use free agency....to have some more veteran presence for the young to lean on for the playoffs ....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"
Where's your Gregorious now...Moses"?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, he can't do it alone.

Favre and Driver are only two players....

He can't help it if he's on the youngest team in the NFL and there's nobody else. Hey Ted, this is a good reason to use free agency....to have some more veteran presence to lean on for the offense....

Yeah because that veteran presence sure did come through last weekend, wait, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This team shows age means nothing. The young came through, the old crumbled.

But yeah, lets get some old guys, Thompson.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very very very few people want Brett to retire.

Its not even an issue with anyone who has sense.

The fact is all the Favre-firsters see any criticsm as a call for Favres head.

no, saying Favre had a bad game isnt calling for his head. Its calling for Favre to play better. to let it be known that we cant handle interceptions and poor decisions in crucial moments. no TEAM can.

the fact that Favre firsters think that critiscm of Favre means we call for his head just really shows their confidence level in Favre isnt as high as they may make it seem. I personally think Favre is better than his last few cold weather games. His season was evidence. He reverted back to his old bad habits in a few games this year.

And the fact that we call him out on that doesnt mean we want him gone. It means we demand superb play at the QB position no matter who it is playing back there. He set the level that high. We just want him to stick with his good ways... not revert to bad Favre.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no, saying Favre had a bad game isnt calling for his head. Its calling for Favre to play better. to let it be known that we cant handle interceptions and poor decisions in crucial moments. no TEAM can.

the fact that Favre firsters think that critiscm of Favre means we call for his head just really shows their confidence level in Favre isnt as high as they may make it seem. I personally think Favre is better than his last few cold weather games. His season was evidence. He reverted back to his old bad habits in a few games this year.

And the fact that we call him out on that doesnt mean we want him gone. It means we demand superb play at the QB position no matter who it is playing back there. He set the level that high. We just want him to stick with his good ways... not revert to bad Favre.

I don't know if you can say he reverted to his old habits. I think the difference is that MM was keeping the team in situations and calling plays that kept Brett more under control.

I see two things similar in the Dallas and NFC Championship. The routes being run seemed all longer or at least less slants and shallow drag routes. How many times did people say MM was managing Brett. Well he didn't in the Championship game.

Well in the OT play Both Jennings and Driver ran 15 yard routes. Lee with a late release ran a 15 yard pattern. I think Grant was a little slow coming out of the back field.

It was 2nd & 8. I do not blame Brett for attempting a throw to a WR that is running an out route with a CB playing the inside. I do blame him for making a bad throw.

Brett is Brett is he is going to try an make plays. That has never changed since he started. His under hand toss against Seattle is a perfect example but that play was successful.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I don't know if you can say he reverted to his old habits. I think the difference is that MM was keeping the team in situations and calling plays that kept Brett more under control.

I see two things similar in the Dallas and NFC Championship. The routes being run seemed all longer or at least less slants and shallow drag routes. How many times did people say MM was managing Brett. Well he didn't in the Championship game.

Well in the OT play Both Jennings and Driver ran 15 yard routes. Lee with a late release ran a 15 yard pattern. I think Grant was a little slow coming out of the back field.

It was 2nd & 8. I do not blame Brett for attempting a throw to a WR that is running an out route with a CB playing the inside. I do blame him for making a bad throw.

Brett is Brett is he is going to try an make plays. That has never changed since he started. His under hand toss against Seattle is a perfect example but that play was successful.

Locking on to your key receiver(and the defense knows this) in a pressure situation and forcing the ball instead of playing smart and not going for the home run IS reverting.

It happens. Brett being Brett. Lets not put him in that situation next year. Lets go into the 4th quarter of the conference game up 23.

DoddPower

Reaction score
[quote="tromadz]
It happens. Brett being Brett. Lets not put him in that situation next year. Lets go into the 4th quarter of the conference game up 23.[/quote]

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern with Favre this year was his play in cold weather games. The very thing that Madden would cream his shorts over is not there anymore. "Favre has never lost when the temperature is under 38 degrees or whatever the hell"...that's all in distant memory. He looks different in the cold. Hell, he looks cold. (profound, eh?)

Now, whether that's b/c the team is now built to throw, throw, throw, I'm not sure. It's a little alarming though b/c let's face it, the weather is going to be ****** in Wisconsin every December-January for the most part.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern with Favre this year was his play in cold weather games. The very thing that Madden would cream his shorts over is not there anymore. "Favre has never lost when the temperature is under 38 degrees or whatever the hell"...that's all in distant memory. He looks different in the cold. Hell, he looks cold. (profound, eh?)

Now, whether that's b/c the team is now built to throw, throw, throw, I'm not sure. It's a little alarming though b/c let's face it, the weather is going to be ****** in Wisconsin every December-January for the most part.

What is true is that MM does not want to be a pass first team. He stated from the start that he wants to run the ball. Just circumstances did not allow that this year. Expect effort from MM to improve the run game, probably over any other aspect of the team.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:

What is true is that MM does not want to be a pass first team. He stated from the start that he wants to run the ball. Just circumstances did not allow that this year. Expect effort from MM to improve the run game, probably over any other aspect of the team.

I support what McCarthy has done and hope he continues to do well with the Packers. The only thing I'd like to see is just what you speak of. I've Andy Reid talk about running the ball more in Philly too, but he never does it. You are right, though, McCarthy has stated from the very beginning that this team needs to run the football effectively. I just want to see some results on the field that show this. When the Packers were tough as nails in the mid to late 90's, we could pound the rock. Favre is as good as they come when the defense has to respect the run game, play-action, and the screen game...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Shouldn't the smart play be done by the veterans, and not the younger players(like Poppinga and Bigby, who played great, which surprised me)?

Bail out Mr. Hall of fame? I don't get that. Shouldn't he be playing the role of Superman and NOT Lois lane? Hmmm....

Where is the mention in this thread or any other of the huge drop by Martin that was a beautifully placed ball by Mr. HOF? Just one of many plays throughout the game that we didn't get it done on.

Wait, that wouldn't accomplish the stance that the game, the throwing through the defenders is all on #4.

Point is, while I agree that Favre errored in the placement of the throw or the decision to check down, the game was not lost on that play alone. But continuing to lay the blame of the loss on a few, it appears that it is nothing more than fanning the flames to continue a *** for tat argument that has now carried over into a number of threads. This coming from the biggest proponent of limiting the repetitive threads knocking the GM; that there is, how do you say it, oh yeah.. CUTE.

Again, the game was lost by a collective team effort, but hence buying into that notion doesn't stir the pot like pointing a finger at a couple of players.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Where is the mention in this thread or any other of the huge drop by Martin that was a beautifully placed ball by Mr. HOF? Just one of many plays throughout the game that we didn't get it done on.

Wait, that wouldn't accomplish the stance that the game, the throwing through the defenders is all on #4.

Point is, while I agree that Favre errored in the placement of the throw or the decision to check down, the game was not lost on that play alone. But continuing to lay the blame of the loss on a few, it appears that it is nothing more than fanning the flames to continue a *** for tat argument that has now carried over into a number of threads. This coming from the biggest proponent of the repetitive threads knocking the GM; that there is, how do you say it, oh yeah.. CUTE.

Again, the game was lost by a collective team effort, but hence buying into that notion doesn't stir the pot like pointing a finger at a couple of players.
Well said.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said many times it wasnt just Favre. Some drops, some bad runs, some worst CB play ive ever seen...

But to BAIL out superman? I wont buy that for a second. Not when they got this far. This isnt a crappy team.

Members online

Latest posts