Breach of Contract

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every member of the team and coaching staff took today off in front of millions of fans around the country. I don't expect miracles from a young team, but I do expect them to show up on game day. They have a contract to play football, and they're not fulfilling their end of the deal. Thompson should refuse to sign the payroll. While he's at it, he should refuse to pay himself.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slow down showgirl, just maybe, this isn't as a good of a team as we hoped they would be. We have made no adjustments during the first half on defense and that really bothers me, but then I think, you know what?, maybe we just aren't good enough to make adjustments or, maybe our players are just that bad.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. They took today off. You can say this team is bad all you want. The fact is in today's NFL no team is that much better than the rest of the pack. There is to much parity. Today the Jets showed up for a game and the Packers didn't.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like people will defend Favre and his bad throws today.

Too bad Favre doesnt play defense Trom, because then we could really pin this miserable showing against the Jets on him.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has had some games where his accuracy was off but I don't think today I'd say is one of them. Especially in the 2nd half he's made some nice throws especially in these conditions. The td toss to DD was a beauty

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like people will defend Favre and his bad throws today.

Bad throws because nobody is ever open. We have a bunch of safeties and linebackers who are constantly out of position on pass defense. We have a bunch of receivers besides DD who is doubled all the time who cant seperate either. Other than Jennings 75 yard touchdown early in the year, he has shown nothing special. AT ALL. He creates no seperation. I mean really, when he makes a catch, everyone on this board is oooing and ahhhing. But thats his job. We need a "Javon" type of receiver or this team will never be a great offense.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No im not secretly aaron rodgers.

Im openly a Packers fan.

And bad defense and special teams aside, its pretty obvious Favres accuracy is no more, and his power is fading as well. We need a new QB.

You can use the "nobody gets open" line all you want, its wrong. The games I do watch, I see open WRs, and the games I DONT watch, I hear from whoever is doing PbP there were open WRs.

and today was one of those bad accuracy days, from what I heard on PbP.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every member of the team and coaching staff took today off in front of millions of fans around the country. I don't expect miracles from a young team, but I do expect them to show up on game day. They have a contract to play football, and they're not fulfilling their end of the deal. Thompson should refuse to sign the payroll. While he's at it, he should refuse to pay himself.

A young team to show up on game day--the jets?!?!?!?

I'm starting to think we made the wrong choice for head coach (assistant coaches, personell, yeah...)

SOME signs of improvement but for this team to go from wild card darkhorse to looking as terrible as we did last year is pathetic, and honestly some pressure should be put on the coaching staff to start doing their job

and yes this hurts more because it was on national tv, a strong game against a better-than-most-thought jets team would've made us look respectable but now we're on our way back to being a top 5 pick and cellar dweller

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No im not secretly aaron rodgers.

Im openly a Packers fan.

And bad defense and special teams aside, its pretty obvious Favres accuracy is no more, and his power is fading as well. We need a new QB.

You can use the "nobody gets open" line all you want, its wrong. The games I do watch, I see open WRs, and the games I DONT watch, I hear from whoever is doing PbP there were open WRs.

and today was one of those bad accuracy days, from what I heard on PbP.

PbP is hardly unbiased, imo.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I don't think McCarthy took the day off.

Did you see his press conference? Dude was pissed

Didn't see it but I like to hear that. He needs to show some attitude especially after a lost like this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He WAS mad. Can't blame him. The first half was everyone ******** up. The second half was a LITTLE better. Of course, the Jets were just skating, as they had such a big lead.
Ahman Green was one of the few bright spots.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really difficult is the sudden realization that the Packers may not finish any better than they did last season. It suddenly seems within the realm of possibility that we do not win another game this season.

Or, maybe we win two or three of the four remaining.. who knows.. So hard to tell with these guys. Yesterday looks painfully like a complete regression, but perhaps they will still rebound.

McCarthy and other team leaders (Favre, Driver) need to instill in the rest of the team the importance of playing for pride.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He WAS mad. Can't blame him. The first half was everyone ******** up. The second half was a LITTLE better. Of course, the Jets were just skating, as they had such a big lead.
Ahman Green was one of the few bright spots.

Thats just it, it was "everyone" ******** up, not again one player, I thought Favre played well today he even went in for a few first downs running it himself, give the guy some credit. He can still move around in the pocket, he can still throw a mean fast ball long distance, he just needs some good recievers to get open...all in all I think the blame should be put on the defense this time just my own viewpoint is all...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know how pissed mccarthy is cuz i didn't see the press conference, i was only able to read it. i DID go to the game though. i'll tell you who's ****ing pissed. THIS GUY! i didn't necessarily expect us to win, but for my $203 ticket (and my brother's, and my dad's) i expected to see us at least play hard. i aggree with mccarthy, i didn't see any quit on the field yesterday... and that's because to quit you actually have to start. the packers didn't even show up so they didn't even have the opportunity to quit. that was so disappointing.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the chance you take paying big bucks for tickets to see a game and your team looses, just the way it is sometimes. I agree though that this team quit before they started..

Last year we paid pretty good priced tickets to see the Packers/Steeler game of course the Steelers creamed us, but I wasnt mad, I knew it was going to happen but I enjoyed myself so much just being there in that stadium, I had a blast with all the Steelers fans there...you just make the most of it....but just the history of that stadium was so impressive I want to go back again so bad...maybe next year...

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i don't know how pissed mccarthy is cuz i didn't see the press conference, i was only able to read it. i DID go to the game though. i'll tell you who's ****ing pissed. THIS GUY! i didn't necessarily expect us to win, but for my $203 ticket (and my brother's, and my dad's) i expected to see us at least play hard. i aggree with mccarthy, i didn't see any quit on the field yesterday... and that's because to quit you actually have to start. the packers didn't even show up so they didn't even have the opportunity to quit. that was so disappointing.

I can only imagine. I live in Texas, and it's bad enough for me when I get my friends together (who aren't Packers fans, just curious) and we all go to a pub together to watch. We make a day out of it, your order your food, drinks, have others coming to meet us, I've got all my Packers stuff on..

And then by half time, I feel like leaving.

It's not that you don't want to suport your team. It's that it actually hurts to watch sometimes. We all have pride in our team, or else we wouldn't care. I become embarrassed seeing it and being associated with it. I know the players are embarrassed, to. You want your team to be better and you know they ARE better. But you wish other people could see that, rather, than buying you a sympathy beer and laughing about the Packers 'playoff chances.'

For you it's even worse, I know that's a lot of money to spend on anything. I hope you were at least able to enjoy the pregame (any tailgate partying?)

For the record, I didn't get the gang together to go watch this week. I stayed at home. Maybe I had a premonition or something. What a bummer.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I don't think McCarthy took the day off.

Did you see his press conference? Dude was pissed

Yeah he was. And he said things need to "get fixed
". But what is he going to do about it??

My prediction...NOTHING. The same strategy he;'s used all season to "fix" things that happen every week.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I can only imagine. I live in Texas, and it's bad enough for me when I get my friends together (who aren't Packers fans, just curious) and we all go to a pub together to watch. We make a day out of it, your order your food, drinks, have others coming to meet us, I've got all my Packers stuff on..

And then by half time, I feel like leaving.

It's not that you don't want to suport your team. It's that it actually hurts to watch sometimes. We all have pride in our team, or else we wouldn't care. I become embarrassed seeing it and being associated with it. I know the players are embarrassed, to. You want your team to be better and you know they ARE better. But you wish other people could see that, rather, than buying you a sympathy beer and laughing about the Packers 'playoff chances.'

For you it's even worse, I know that's a lot of money to spend on anything. I hope you were at least able to enjoy the pregame (any tailgate partying?)

For the record, I didn't get the gang together to go watch this week. I stayed at home. Maybe I had a premonition or something. What a bummer.

It was overall a really good experience. i got to hang out with my dad and brother, neither of which i get to see very often, so that was great. we had a lot of laughs and a lot of beers. lambeau field is absolutely breathtaking. this was my second game at lambeau, and i will go again. a person just has to make sure that the outcome of the game doesn't determine whether or not the trip was worthwhile. did i wish the packers would have won? duh! but even though they didn't, i still feel so lucky to have gone to lambeau and have the opportunity to spend some time with my two favorite guys in the world.... but, the packers still played like ****!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
It was overall a really good experience. i got to hang out with my dad and brother, neither of which i get to see very often, so that was great. we had a lot of laughs and a lot of beers. lambeau field is absolutely breathtaking. this was my second game at lambeau, and i will go again. a person just has to make sure that the outcome of the game doesn't determine whether or not the trip was worthwhile. did i wish the packers would have won? duh! but even though they didn't, i still feel so lucky to have gone to lambeau and have the opportunity to spend some time with my two favorite guys in the world.... but, the packers still played like ****!

That's great, and it's a very appropriate reminder... the company that you're with is always the most important thing.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

That's great, and it's a very appropriate reminder... the company that you're with is always the most important thing.

IMO we just have to remember it is really only a game, there are more things in life that are important. The Packers will only get better over time, at least I hope so. Of course we all want to see our Packers win games, but sometimes that dont happen and we have to make the most of it...