All Capers Threads merged

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, he has NOT been getting "plenty of pleasure". He has 2 sacks in 3 games so far, hardly "plenty of pressure". OLB Justin Houston from KC has 7.5 so far, now THAT is pressure. What you have said in NOT the "winning strategy", it called the same OL' **** over and over from capers. And how can you even say " let perry figure it out"....wtf?? So, by that...CM3 and his plenty of pressure is just supposed to wait around till someone "figures it out" ? No friggin way. What you said makes NO sense. I played football for 12 years, if you have a LB that could get mad pressure and had play reading skills like CM3 does, you let that mad man come at the enemy from where ever HE wants to. Keeping him in the same spot allows the other teams TE,RB or whom ever is designated to help block him....and with our weak pass rush, nobody else has been getting to the QB or even much pressure.

A few things. First, sacks do not tell the whole story, otherwise Matthews was terrible in 2011 (which he wasn't). Second, you're ignoring the impact that Matthews moving around would have on developing players like Neal and Perry. While I normally would be of the opinion that you don't sacrifice production from a great player to help a lesser player, leaving Matthews in one spot most of the time doesn't appear to hurt his game. So far this year he has rushed the passer from either side at the same ratio that he did last year, and it didn't hurt his game last year. I just think the whole defense is better served by letting Perry settle into one position without overloading him.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
LOL... Ignoring the impact on developing players??? LMAO....nice one. He may just be helping them, ever consider that? A QB not knowing where he is coming from is a scared QB. The O-line not being able to call out an adjustment properly for him would also help. Overloading a side also helps. He needs to be moved around, period. SO far this year he has the same ratio as last year???? Didnt realize we have played 16 games already.

do you remember 2010? Remember the twist blitzs? Physcho blitz packages? Those worked well. He was the main man on those, desinged with him in mind due to his speed and vision.

Im not knocking CM3, he is great and has great skills and a non-stop motor, but having 13.5 sacks as his best season ever does not make him a sack monster by any means. Yes, I understand that he causes other forms of disruption. There are MANY others in the NFL that cause as much or more disruption and have had or have higher sack numbers, consistantly.

He is damn good, but needs to be utilized in different ways to be more effective, it has been to easy to notice him being double teamed ALL the time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Browns shut down Bengals, easily beat Cinci......

The same team that beat us last week, just lost and was held to one touchdown today vs the Browns.

The same Kaepernick who torched us for 400 yards in week one, was stifled in week 2 and week 3.

What do other defenses know that Old Dom doesn't know?

Jasonbadair

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The same team that beat us last week, just lost and was held to one touchdown today vs the Browns.

The same Kaepernick who torched us for 400 yards in week one, was stifled in week 2 and week 3.

What do other defenses know that Old Dom doesn't know? You're 100% right what the hell. I am sure we have more talent too.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What do other defenses know that Old Dom doesn't know?
Do you homework! Your Dom rip could have been even better if you said that the bungles were held out of the endzone all day. Two FGS is all they got.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. We continue to let mediocre or average QBs at best look like pro bowl QBs. I hate to say it. But Rodgers has to play pretty much a perfect game all the time for us to win. Last week he had a below par game for him and we got beat. Long season ahead but till we get rid of Capers I don't see us winning much in the playoffs. We need someone new to come in and light a fire on all those defense guys. We should've fired him and picked up Rob Ryan.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is we needed a lot of things to go right today in order for us to win. First many of us said going in we wouldn't score many points. We needed the defense to step up big time. The defense nor Crosby did.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom "Ingognito" Capers. I can forgive an offense that was down to horrendous injuries. We especially needed an effort from the defense today. I am so disappointed we didn't. The defense hasn't won a game for us in a long time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Had Nelson hanged on to that ball and scored. The D would not of stopped the eagles to get the ball back.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom "Ingognito" Capers. I can forgive an offense that was down to horrendous injuries. We especially needed an effort from the defense today. I am so disappointed we didn't. The defense hasn't won a game for us in a long time.
In case you weren't aware our defense is pretty damn banged up too...especially at the end without Perry or Jolly. That MATTERS.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad this is Raji's contract year. He is toothless. The ENTIRE secondary is horrendous. Sick of the same thing over and over and over. There has to be viable alternative to this garbage D. Switch back to 4-3 and trade Matthews?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad this is Raji's contract year. He is toothless. The ENTIRE secondary is horrendous. Sick of the same thing over and over and over. There has to be viable alternative to this garbage D. Switch back to 4-3 and trade Matthews?

I wouldent say that. I say Fire Capers and bring in someone who can run a 3-4 scheme better than capers. Its 75% on Capers and 25% on personnel. Tramon Williams is a damn Joke. He cant cover a blanket if he tried.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When will the excuses for Capers end. We started with pretty much our full compliment.
And we held them to 10 points until guys started dropping. That last drive doesn't happen Iike that if Perry and Jolly are in the game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know you're insane. :-P

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If capers does go at the end of the season who would be the best option: **** LeBeau(doubt the Steelers would let him go) Lovie Smith (he did jack as head coach for the bears on offense but that D did look good for years. )

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If capers does go at the end of the season who would be the best option: **** LeBeau(doubt the Steelers would let him go) Lovie Smith (he did jack as head coach for the bears on offense but that D did look good for years. )
Try Kevin Greene.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we held them to 10 points until guys started dropping. That last drive doesn't happen Iike that if Perry and Jolly are in the game.
Dreaming! Tell me what Perry and Jolly did beforehand. Capers defense has constantly let us down at the most important times.