Adams Traded to Las Vegas

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it will make everything a lot easier once opponents don't have to focus about double covering any receiver anymore :rolleyes:
The Packers will improve the same way the Packers improved in 1995 without Sterling Sharpe. Brett Favre had tunnel vision for Sharpe and the Packers never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs. Once Sharpe was gone, the Packers made it to the NFC Championship Game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like when they went 7 and 0 wo Adams?

It's not me trying to pick a fight these are the facts... you're the one that doesn't think it can happen but it has been proven they did 7 times

I don't care who the opps were.. they still went seven o without Adams and teams new Adams wasn't gonna play

Looking forward to 16-0. That argument defies actual analysis. You’re contending the Packers will be undefeated this year?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not to heap more anger on the back of #12, but I can't help blame him for some of this. I know that people are and already have pointed the finger at this being Gute's fault, for not being a better negotiator with Adams along the way. Put yourself in the Packers place. You have a lame duck QB that is the centerpiece of a team wavering on wanting to be there next year. Add to that your cap woes. Are the Packers really going to sign Davante up for a huge contract BEFORE Rodgers gives them his decision? I would say no. Had Rodgers wanted out of GB, I think Adams is gone too and Gute knew it. So this forever wait for Rodgers to make up his mind, may have had yet another trickle down effect.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There is no positive spin on this, it is devastating.
Sure there is. The Packers aren't on the hook for whatever amount they were offering above $28.5M/year.

The Packers got rid of a player that didn't want to be in GB.

The Packers picked up 2 premium draft picks.

The Packers now have $20M back to improve the team.

We can put to bed this notion of "Aaron only looks for Davante", whether it is true or false.

Jersey #17 opened up and once they cut JJ Molson, #11 is available for Julio.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Gute doesn’t have much of a record to judge with WRs. Struggle to understand the harsh criticism of him unable to judge or add WRs.

He hasn’t missed at any high level guys and presently has a UDFA ton of eyes and added in Lazard that if FA would be getting paid more than the tender value we placed on him. A 5th rounder in MVS is gonna get paid this FA and EQSB just got picked up quick in FA as well.

No stud #1 guy but none of those were supposed to be.
I think the point is he didn’t really try. I like Gute overall.. but I have been frustrated that he didn’t make receiver more of a priority.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to 16-0. That argument defies actual analysis. You’re contending the Packers will be undefeated this year?
lmao.. By your statement they will be 0 and 16..right? You are the one stating they wont have any one else in the wr room. You jumped the gun on what that room will look like

Again, how they played with out Adams is a fact. It doesnt make sense.. Doesnt mean they are better with out the best wr in the game.

Now if this was mid July and had the same wr core, then you would have a valid point.
But relax some and see what happens

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to heap more anger on the back of #12, but I can't help blame him for some of this. I know that people are and already have pointed the finger at this being Gute's fault, for not being a better negotiator with Adams along the way. Put yourself in the Packers place. You have a lame duck QB that is the centerpiece of a team wavering on wanting to be there next year. Add to that your cap woes. Are the Packers really going to sign Davante up for a huge contract BEFORE Rodgers gives them his decision? I would say no. Had Rodgers wanted out of GB, I think Adams is gone too and Gute knew it. So this forever wait for Rodgers to make up his mind, may have had yet another trickle down effect.
Why blame Rodgers for any of it? People have been trying to every freaking step of the way. Even last week you were beating that Drum. Rodgers won't sign because they haven't paid Devante. Turns out he knew they were trading Devante and he still signed. Now it's Rodgers fault maybe that Adams didn't want to be here. I'm sure if Rodgers was 32 and not knocking on 40 it becomes less of an issue.

Of course Rodgers is near the end, bringing up retirement or not, he's getting fricking old for an NFL player. He doesn't have a 5-7 year career anymore, it's like 1-3 and EVERYONE knows it without him saying a word.

But now the story isn't big baby Rodgers won't sign unless he gets the players he wants, it's big baby Rodgers caused the players he wanted to leave because they didn't want to play for 30 million dollars here...

The most likely reason Adams left
#1 He wanted to play with Carr and the Raiders
#2 He likes LV more than GB to live
#3 He sees the younger QB likely playing longer and that is nobody's fault but Father Time's

He turned down twenties of millions per year last summer and fall that were offered to play here and turned down maybe 30's of millions to stay and play here this spring. I think that's a pretty good indication he just didn't want to be here.

Personally I think the only mistake in this is offering a WR that much money in the first place. I'm glad he didn't take it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao.. By your statement they will be 0 and 16..right? You are the one stating they wont have any one else in the wr room. You jumped the gun on what that room will look like

Again, how they played with out Adams is a fact. It doesnt make sense.. Doesnt mean they are better with out the best wr in the game.

Now if this was mid July and had the same wr core, then you would have a valid point.
But relax some and see what happens

What fun are message boards if we just wait to see what happens? That's watching the news. The news isn't fun. Predictions are fun.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers will improve the same way the Packers improved in 1995 without Sterling Sharpe. Brett Favre had tunnel vision for Sharpe and the Packers never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs. Once Sharpe was gone, the Packers made it to the NFC Championship Game.
Its Exactly the same.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point is he didn’t really try. I like Gute overall.. but I have been frustrated that he didn’t make receiver more of a priority.
Gute tried. He just sucks at it. 3 receivers in 2018 were drafted. 2 of them gone for sure. MVS apparently looking for a one year deal. The fact he isn’t still signed shows the leagues opinion.

Last year he got Amari Rodgers who has been very underwhelming but it’s just his rookie year. If the plan was to get his as a returner they failed. He was downright awful.

They also used a 6th in Cobb who is always hurt and old. But the reason he had to do that is because his stupid *** took Love.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why blame Rodgers for any of it? People have been trying to every freaking step of the way. Even last week you were beating that Drum. Rodgers won't sign because they haven't paid Devante. Turns out he knew they were trading Devante and he still signed. Now it's Rodgers fault maybe that Adams didn't want to be here. I'm sure if Rodgers was 32 and not knocking on 40 it becomes less of an issue.

Of course Rodgers is near the end, bringing up retirement or not, he's getting fricking old for an NFL player. He doesn't have a 5-7 year career anymore, it's like 1-3 and EVERYONE knows it without him saying a word.

But now the story isn't big baby Rodgers won't sign unless he gets the players he wants, it's big baby Rodgers caused the players he wanted to leave because they didn't want to play for 30 million dollars here...

The most likely reason Adams left
#1 He wanted to play with Carr and the Raiders
#2 He likes LV more than GB to live
#3 He sees the younger QB likely playing longer and that is nobody's fault but Father Time's

He turned down twenties of millions per year last summer and fall that were offered to play here and turned down maybe 30's of millions to stay and play here this spring. I think that's a pretty good indication he just didn't want to be here.

Personally I think the only mistake in this is offering a WR that much money in the first place. I'm glad he didn't take it.

Some people just like to blame Rodgers. There doesn't have to actually be any evidence or rational, it's just Rodgers' fault.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your prediction is that no other wr will be picked up?

Nope, I'm not making that prediction. I'm also NOT predicting that an actual #1 NFL caliber receiver for this season will be picked up either. I'm discussing the state of the Packers right now.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute tried. He just sucks at it. 3 receivers in 2018 were drafted. 2 of them gone for sure. MVS apparently looking for a one year deal. The fact he isn’t still signed shows the leagues opinion.

Last year he got Amari Rodgers who has been very underwhelming but it’s just his rookie year. If the plan was to get his as a returner they failed. He was downright awful.

They also used a 6th in Cobb who is always hurt and old. But the reason he had to do that is because his stupid *** took Love.
2018 3 late round receivers… many players from those rounds don’t even make the final roster. Amari Rodgers 3rd round was Gute’s only attempt at a receiver where it appears that he considered it to be a priority, and I’d say 3rd round is more of a roll the dice round… some are great… some not so much. The jury is still out on Amari, but last year he didn’t inspire confidence. I find the Cobb nonsense to be somewhat irrelevant to this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why blame Rodgers for any of it?
Why? Because he has been right in the middle of the uncertainty for most of us starting at last years draft. For others like his teammates, probably sooner. How do you negotiate around that with other players? Davante was the one that posted "last dance" first, Rodgers echoed it. You don't agree and that's fine, but when the face of your franchise waffles on being there, it has a trickle down effect and in this case, I think it definitely impacted Davante's desire to get the hell out of Green Bay.

BTW, all those reasons you listed for Davante wanting to go play with the Raiders, existed in 2017, the last time he decided to stay in Green Bay for another 4 years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not making that prediction. I'm also NOT predicting that an actual #1 NFL caliber receiver for this season will be picked up either. I'm discussing the state of the Packers right now.
Third and long; packers trot out Lazard, Cobb, and Cole Beasley to try and get the first. Gonna be exciting!

Thats game situation...you said it. Isnt that a prediction?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, all those reasons you listed for Davante wanting to go play with the Raiders, existed in 2017, the last time he decided to stay in Green Bay for another 4 years.
Not really, at that point, Adams was an ascending player, but not a Super Star, while he could have left nobody was going to pay him the kind of money he just got, and he was smart enough to know that being Aaron Rodgers primary receiver was a better thing for his career than rolling the dice elsewhere. It is different now… now he can cash in on that investment and go where he wants.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you sit there when you get 22 as a win now team. I think you trade up to get a guy who contributes now that you'd never have a chance to get before. You could probably package 22 and a second, preferably our second, for an earlier pick and get one of the best WR prospects in the draft. You just gotta hit if you're moving up.
So basically you are trading Adams for a 1st round wide receiver?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Davante Adams will fall off is being disingenuous.

Let's all admit he will continue being one of the best in the game.

Adams played the game on and off the field the right way.

Got the money he deserved, QB he played with in college and good friend in Carr, better compliment of receivers (he has hasn't had in years), and he moves closer to the west coast where's he's from.

I am genuinely happy for Adams.

He won.
I think both Adams and the Packers win here. He got paid and will play where he wants. We got cap relief and extra picks in the first 2 rounds in a deep WR draft class.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Gute doesn’t have much of a record to judge with WRs. Struggle to understand the harsh criticism of him unable to judge or add WRs.

He hasn’t missed at any high level guys and presently has a UDFA ton of eyes and added in Lazard that if FA would be getting paid more than the tender value we placed on him. A 5th rounder in MVS is gonna get paid this FA and EQSB just got picked up quick in FA as well.

No stud #1 guy but none of those were supposed to be.
This perception may come from Gute passing on WRs in 2020 and moving up to take Love.

Members online

No members online now.