49ers

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This game will come down to one thing: will Aaron Rodgers get rid of the ball before the 49ers Smiths hit him? Granted, Justin and Aldon Smith can devastate QBs. However, Aaron Rodgers is probably the very best at making his offensive line look 3 times better than what it is. The Packers will score points. The question is, will it be a difficult day for Rodgers or will it not? And that will determine the victor.

Really and truly, I'm seeing a "final possession" win for someone. I think it's going to be one of those irritating games and, in a rare display of homerism (I just changed the batteries in my crystal ball)...Packers win as time expires.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm surprised over the number of Packer fans who think the Packers are not going to play a great game.
Well, there are a few of us who LOVE the Packers so much, but who realize that the 49ers were a great team last year who really deserved to go to the Super Bowl, but here's the key: a team who IMPROVED on that by adding some actual weapons at WR.

Their OL is so much more physical than ours. Ours cannot even get to the 2nd level to block a LB. EVER!
Their's can.
And our soft OL is not even pass blocking very well right now either.

Our advantage at QB/WR is negated so far by their big advantage at OL/DL/LB.

Also, I love Nick Perry rushing the QB, but not in coverage.

And the refs have been terrible, both ways.
Nice clock management by McCarthy & Rodgers at the end of the half, to allow the Niners a chance.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's a long season. Always keep this in mind.

Nobody wins or loses anything week 1 unless it's a serious injury.

The Packers are playing a team they might be seeing again win or lose today.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we lost this game (as I predicted) it could work to our advantage. They are the hardest team we'll face all year. So there is no shame in losing to them. It will also instill into our guys's minds that it's never that easy to win or as common as it was last year.

If you look at when we won out Super Bowl we started the year out struggling and then got things righted at the end of the year. Very much true with the Giants last 2 Super Bowl winning runs also. If we start out the year struggling, even after today I'm not too worried.

That being said, if this defense does not improve, which I think it will with House returning and our young guys getting used to things- we aren't going anywhere. Our offense will be fine- not sure about Benson, I've always preferred Alex Green more but they'll hash things out.

All is not lost today if we lose guys. I predicted this lose and I think it will be a right of passage that betters us in the long run.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game. A good buddy of mine says "the game wasn't nearly as close as the score shows" but in the end, the score is all that matters and the Pack was in good position to tie. See you gents [most likely] in the playoffs!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, there are a few of us who LOVE the Packers so much, but who realize that the 49ers were a great team last year who really deserved to go to the Super Bowl, but here's the key: a team who IMPROVED on that by adding some actual weapons at WR.

Their OL is so much more physical than ours. Ours cannot even get to the 2nd level to block a LB. EVER!
Their's can.
And our soft OL is not even pass blocking very well right now either.

Our advantage at QB/WR is negated so far by their big advantage at OL/DL/LB.

Also, I love Nick Perry rushing the QB, but not in coverage.

And the refs have been terrible, both ways.
Nice clock management by McCarthy & Rodgers at the end of the half, to allow the Niners a chance.

Good post after the fact.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well I'm surprised over the number of Packer fans who think the Packers are not going to play a great game. I don't think they are looking ahead to the Bears, that their defense is the same as last year, Benson will spill the ball all over the field, we could turn the ball over as many as five times, etc.

Look we had a great offense last year. I don't see it being worse. We have the best QB in football. Mark my word Benson will conduct himself well. As far as the defense we added a bunch of guys and I think Capers and the defense will hit the ground running. Capers won't be a sleep walker like last year. That lousy defense he fielded last year had to sting. Plus we don't have Charley Peprah. :) Go Pack !

Care to revise this?:p

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to revise this?:p

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Glad I had an optimistic view and was not dissappointed in the outcome. Does that make you feel better? Do I need to remind you of your prognostication that the Packers would not miss Cullen Jenkins last year? I'm sure you will be happier when the Packers win against the Bears and make yours true. That was a BS comment from you. Congrats or something like that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What defensive juggernaut did we face last year? Bc we went 15-1, so unless you consider KC a "juggernaut" we beat everyone put in front of us.

Whats it like to have a statistically overrated defense bc you play in the worst division in the league. NFC north, 3 pro bowl level QBs. NFC west? none. 1 great WR between the 4 teams and 1 TE between the 4. Garbage division.
I was wondering, do you still think they are "statisticlly overated"?

H

HardRightEdge

Great game. A good buddy of mine says "the game wasn't nearly as close as the score shows" but in the end, the score is all that matters and the Pack was in good position to tie. See you gents [most likely] in the playoffs!

Your good buddy is right. That was a good old fashioned a** kicking.

Latest posts