2024 Roster Status/Tracker

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back during his Draft year, he was a popular mock to the Packers

He does fit our type. He has had some injury reasons but still even last year he struggled in some games.
Still we’ve seen it every year…a guy finally puts it together.

Worst case experienced backup with starting history.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Andre Dillard OT signed. Former first round selection who didn't pan out for the Eagles but saw some solid starts last year in Tenn.
As with any signing, if it was at a good price, it might be a really good signing for the Packers and their OL depth. Dillard was a 1st round pick (#22) back in 2019. He has started 19 games, so definitely a guy with a lot of experience.

While I doubt that Gute is viewing Dillard as a starter, he has played G and T on both sides, so his signing takes some pressure off the depth "issue" on the OL. Was kind of surprised to see the Titans cut him lose, it was just last year that they gave him a 3 year $29M deal, but he did have a pretty poor 2023. Hoping new coaching and a new team will rejuvenate him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with any signing, if it was at a good price, it might be a really good signing for the Packers and their OL depth. Dillard was a 1st round pick (#22) back in 2019. He has started 19 games, so definitely a guy with a lot of experience.

While I doubt that Gute is viewing Dillard as a starter, he has played G and T on both sides, so his signing takes some pressure off the depth "issue" on the OL. Was kind of surprised to see the Titans cut him lose, it was just last year that they gave him a 3 year $29M deal, but he did have a pretty poor 2023. Hoping new coaching and a new team will rejuvenate him.
Again it's Gute freeing up options for the draft. If a couple of highly ranked OL guys drop to the right spots we can take them anyway and this guy fights for a roster spot or if another player Gute covets drops he won't feel pressured to skip him for more OL depth. Not that I think he would feel pressured to do that but this is just more insurance.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I still see him taking 2 OL and not having to force a 3rd. IMO. As also pointed out the terms will have a lot to do with how many of us ultimately feel about the signing. Guessing it was team friendly.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillard is a great athlete but unfortunately he's not a good football player. Last year he gave up a whopping 12 sacks and had lots of penalties with the Titans. He was benched after starting the first 10 games and then cut in the off season. I think the Packers look at him as a training camp body that maybe can still get better to the point he could compete for a backup position. His play has actually regressed the past two seasons so hoping he improves is a long shot. I doubt his signing should alter Gute's draft priorities. At least I hope not.