2024 Packers Top 30 Prospect Visits

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Edgerrin Cooper LB. (Yeah!)
The more I see him, the more I like him. Will he still be on the board when the Packers are on the clock at #41? He seems to be the consensus #1 off-ball linebacker in the draft. If there isn't a player on the board at #25 that Gute likes, does he try to trade out of the 1st with a team like the Panthers, pick up their #33 and #65 pick and use the 33 on Cooper?

My only real question on him is this. Is he just a Walker 2.0, an eventual replacement for Walker or a valuable starter next to Walker?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I see him, the more I like him. Will he still be on the board when the Packers are on the clock at #41? He seems to be the consensus #1 off-ball linebacker in the draft. If there isn't a player on the board at #25 that Gute likes, does he try to trade out of the 1st with a team like the Panthers, pick up their #33 and #65 pick and use the 33 on Cooper?

My only real question on him is this. Is he just a Walker 2.0, an eventual replacement for Walker or a valuable starter next to Walker?
We have Walker and McDuffie. McDuffie is okay - he won't make splash plays or embarrass himself either. We need to add at least one starter and a solid depth guy who can challenge Mcduffie.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We have Walker and McDuffie. McDuffie is okay - he won't make splash plays or embarrass himself either. We need to add at least one starter and a solid depth guy who can challenge Mcduffie.
So you are telling me to give Gute the Green Light on Cooper? :coffee:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing that guys at or over 300 lbs are running well under 5.0 for the 40.

I'm one of those old timers who remembers watching Lombardi's Packers in B/W. First of all, none of them weighed over 300 lbs, and any of the linemen, O or D, who tried to run a 40 yd dash would die from a heart attack. I'll just say these guys did not eat their daily requirement of fruits and vegetables.

Anyone know what Jerry Kramer weighed? I'm guessing 250.
Lol, oh yeah??? What the heck do you think Lombardi had them doing during two a days in the dog days of August?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They say admitting it is the first step to recovery.
Just Take me for example.. as a Kid I had a terrible drug problem.
They drug me to church every week!
Oh I don't have a problem or Packer addiction. Just in case though, I'm in Packer Therapy, we meet 6 times a week and twice on Sundays in my basement. This guy graduated from a 10 week extensive reverse therapy program. He is now a Bear fan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good questions. In this draft, I wouldn't be surprised if Gluten moved back, or even up to grab one of the tops CBs. CB seems to be one of the few positions where there is decent first-round talent.

It will be interesting to see if Hafley can do more with Walker. On another thread we were reminiscing about Micah Hyde being played out of his best position. Now Walker is a LB, no doubt. But damn the guy is athletic (same for LVN). I gotta believe those guys can do a lot more with better coaching and better focus.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I don't have a problem or Packer addiction. Just in case though, I'm in Packer Therapy, we meet 6 times a week and twice on Sundays in my basement. This guy graduated from a 10 week extensive reverse therapy program. He is now a Bear fan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It only took ten weeks?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt it is considered an official visit, but good to hear that former Badger LB C.J. Goetz was invited to the Packers "local prospect day." I doubt Goetz gets drafted, but IMO, should be a priority UDFA signing for the Packers. Smart player, decent size and like a lot of underrated LB's from Wisconsin have, could make a splash in the NFL.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
@tynimiller feel free to copy/paste this data into the OP if you want to.

2023: Packers drafted four of their top 30 visit players:

-S. Clifford (5th)
-D. Wicks (5th)
-K. Brooks (6th)
-L. Nicholls (7th)

2022: Packers drafted five of their top 30 visit players:

-D. Wyatt (1st)
-C. Watson (2nd)
-R. Doubs (4th)
-R. Walker (7th)
-S. Toure (7th)

2021: Packers drafted zero top 30 visit players

2020: Packers drafted two top 30 visit players

-J. Love (1st)
-J. Deguara (5th)

2019: Packers drafted two top 30 visit players

-J. Sternberger (3rd)
-K. Hollman (6th)

2018: Packers drafted four top 30 visit players

-O. Burks (3rd)
-J. Moore (4th)
-M. Valdez-Scantling (5th)
-K. Donnerson (7th)

High: 5
Low: 0
Average: 3
Day 1: 2
Day 2: 3
Day 3: 12

Conclusion: It's possible that the list of top 30 guys tells us nothing (2021), but the odds are that the Packers will draft 2-5 of the guys on their list. The spread is really proportional too. Gutekunst has made 61 picks as the Packers' GM-- 8 have been round 1 (12.5%), 13 have been in round 2 (21.3%), and the other 40 have been on day 3 (65.6%). Tracking fairly closely with that, 11.7% of the top 30 selections have been round 1, 17.6% have been day 2, and 70.6% have been day 3.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

-S. Clifford (5th)
-D. Wicks (5th)
-K. Brooks (6th)
-L. Nicholls (7th)

-D. Wyatt (1st)
-C. Watson (2nd)
-R. Doubs (4th)
-R. Walker (7th)
-S. Toure (7th)

-J. Love (1st)
-J. Deguara (5th)

-J. Sternberger (3rd)
-K. Hollman (6th)

-O. Burks (3rd)
-J. Moore (4th)
-K. Donnerson (7th)

Conclusion: It's possible that the list of top 30 guys tells us nothing (2021), but the odds are that the Packers will draft 2-5 of the guys on their list. The spread is really proportional too. Gutekunst has made 61 picks as the Packers' GM-- 8 have been round 1 (12.5%), 13 have been in round 2 (21.3%), and the other 40 have been on day 3 (65.6%). Tracking fairly closely with that, 11.7% of the top 30 selections have been round 1, 17.6% have been day 2, and 70.6% have been day 3.
conclusion- completely unnecessary post which just makes it more difficult to realize my draft dreams.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

-S. Clifford (5th)
-D. Wicks (5th)
-K. Brooks (6th)
-L. Nicholls (7th)

-D. Wyatt (1st)
-C. Watson (2nd)
-R. Doubs (4th)
-R. Walker (7th)
-S. Toure (7th)

-J. Love (1st)
-J. Deguara (5th)

-J. Sternberger (3rd)
-K. Hollman (6th)

-O. Burks (3rd)
-J. Moore (4th)
-K. Donnerson (7th)

We have however targeted cuts or PS squad guys that we visited with prior. I’ll have to research deeper but Simms is the last one I know we did that.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Most likely an UDFA CB out of Maryland is a top 30 visit

Ja'Quan Sheppard

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330_193233_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240330_193233_X.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers lost another one, this time to the Chiefs. Will be fun to see if this guy actually makes it in the NFL and if he does, what he can do. Zammit was scheduled to meet with the Packers this past Thursday, but Zammit had already decided on the Chiefs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely an UDFA CB out of Maryland is a top 30 visit

Ja'Quan Sheppard
Maryland sure does seem to produce a lot of draft prospects for a team that so routinely plays like garbage on the field. They must have terrible coaches out there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
@tynimiller or anyone else?

I've always been puzzled by all the hype around the combine and pro days. I mean I get it, GM's and Scouts are looking at individuals doing things, not seen in games. They are getting an idea of speed, agility, strength, etc. but while all of that is part of the equation, it doesn't replace what players do on the field, in full pads, during a real game, against real opponents.

I am seeing guys that were barely on anyone's radar, after ALL the football games were played for the 2023 season, jumping way up on mock boards. Why? Because they ran a super fast 40 or had an impressive shuttle time? Now I do understand using RAS and the way the Packers use it, but to see guys all of a sudden being talked about because they ran a 4.3 (hand timed) at their Pro Day, seems crazy.

I guess what I am asking, is it prudent for a GM to overweigh all this post season hyperbole, while possibly ignoring the players abilities on the field? I can't imagine a good GM getting swayed by it, but sure seems to change the way the media and fans talk about players.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts