2024 3rd round #88 MarShawn Lloyd RB

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is talking about him (Dillon) not making the 53??? What drunk or high content creators are saying this?

The same folks that claimed Morgan wasn’t a Packer type prospect I assume….
I have to admit I think that started with me.... I remember thinking it at some point last night, trying to flip back and forth between draft sites and keep track of picks - there was a point where I completely forgot how to count to 4, and could very well have posted it. :eek:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 picks! WOW! Obviously, not all will make the squad. But that means that when some come some go. And it might be a little melancholy come September.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We already have/had Jacobs, Dillon, and Emmanuel Wilson. And now, Marshawn Lloyd. Which means 1 of those 4 will have to go.
Dillon will take the FB / HBack role. Other three will be the RBs. Expect Wilson to start season as game day call-up from PS
Marshawn Lloyd will wear #32
I recall another USC RB wearing 32 a generation or two back. Made white Broncos famous in his post playing antics. Recently died of cancer.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Jacobs' deal being
Dillon will take the FB / HBack role. Other three will be the RBs. Expect Wilson to start season as game day call-up from PS

I recall another USC RB wearing 32 a generation or two back. Made white Broncos famous in his post playing antics. Recently died of cancer.
He had something to do with gloves as well. Was he the guy who bought the isotoners for his team mates.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is 16 now. Could be wrong
Thanks Pike. I had like 13 in mind but it's more. I think you've got it.

It sure looks on paper at least that Gluten had a very good draft. Of course the proof in on the field. He traded back and turned that second round pick from the Jets into Edgerrin Cooper and several more.

So it creates a good problem - he can't keep everyone, so he and MLF will have to be especially cautious in who they waive in hopes of bringing back for the PS. Sure that happens every year, and some guys are lost. That's a credit to good drafting and development.

What are your thoughts on the draft?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only concern with Lloyd is the fumbling. It is what pushed Wright ahead of Lloyd for me. Lloyd is more dynamic of the two but one of the worst tumblers in college. I'm not sure if that is correctable. Not sure what the history is in correcting fumbling.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Lloyd's upside, best outcome is Josh Jacobs with more long speed. So it's funny that he's now the RB2. I like it in that he brings some long speed and the offense won't need to change if/when Jacobs misses time.
He should be RB #2, but he'll have to duke it out with Dillon. I think Lloyd wins that battle, but they'll still find room for Dillon because of his blocking and pass catching. Wilson is probably headed to the PS, unless they find someone else during cut downs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only concern with Lloyd is the fumbling. It is what pushed Wright ahead of Lloyd for me. Lloyd is more dynamic of the two but one of the worst tumblers in college. I'm not sure if that is correctable. Not sure what the history is in correcting fumbling.
I think Lombardi had a kick returner named Travis Williams (some of the Packer faithful can correct me on this). Anyway, Travis was a notorious fumbler and an excellent kick returner. Maybe it's just an urban legend, but I heard that Lombardi made him carry a football everywhere outside of practice. His fumbling decrease, I think......

If it's not true, it's a good story. As for Lloyd, well I think that's correctable with proper technique - simple things really like wrapping up and switching the ball to the side away from defenders. Because MLF loathes TOs, I gotta believe they thought his selection was worth the risk and that they can correct the fumbling.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Jacobs' deal being

He had something to do with gloves as well. Was he the guy who bought the isotoners for his team mates.
You guys are ****ing killing me here - OJ giving his teammates isotoners in case they had to deal with an uncooperative lover (and her boyfriend). OJ was always looking out for his guys.

I'll simply remember him as a guy who butchered his ex-wife and her lover/friend. All of his accomplishments on the field and elsewhere - who cares?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The other facet of Marshawn game is his ability to be a threat in both the run AND pass. Without even looking (because I’m more interested in studying our other picks in Day3 that I have little to no clue) I remembered a couple things that jump off film.
1. He can catch and in space..

Lloyd will punish on finish if needed. Similar to Dillon, but add a dimension of speed juice

2. He has what I’d call exceptional contact balance.
He hits you and you’d better not arm tackle it doesn’t phase him. He’ll bounce off for another 8 yards.

3. He has this “juke move”.

In space, he’ll freeze a Defender sizing him up to tackle him. On tape he can change direction for a moment while full throttle in space. He can continue on course or just switch course on a time, but the part that sticks out is he does it in 3rd/4th gear. Most good RB do that in 1st/2nd gear.

4. He’s a home run hitter.

He’s not Barry Bonds, but he can punch it into the bleachers on broken plays. He’s not like Aaron Jones in space where you’ll catch him unkess you run a 4.3’s speed. Dillon by example has some good contact balance but AJ wins more by force. #33 Won by instinct, short area power, vision and slipperiness.. but lacks that home run gear and could get run down in space. Marshawn wins with a combo of force mixed With agility and sprinkled with home run speed. Hes the RB version of the Edge that wins with athleticism and fuller toolbox of techniques.

If there’s a term that fits him?
BALANCE
Balance in run vs pass
Balance in speed vs power
Balance in ability to Win both in a phone booth vs space

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other facet of Marshawn game is his ability to be a threat in both the run AND pass. Without even looking (because I’m more interested in studying our other picks in Day3 that I have little to no clue) I remembered a couple things that jump off film.
1. He can catch and in space..

Lloyd will punish on finish if needed. Similar to Dillon, but add a dimension of speed juice

2. He has what I’d call exceptional contact balance.
He hits you and you’d better not arm tackle it doesn’t phase him. He’ll bounce off for another 8 yards.

3. He has this “juke move”.

In space, he’ll freeze a Defender sizing him up to tackle him. On tape he can change direction for a moment while full throttle in space. He can continue on course or just switch course on a time, but the part that sticks out is he does it in 3rd/4th gear. Most good RB do that in 1st/2nd gear.

4. He’s a home run hitter.

He’s not Barry Bonds, but he can punch it into the bleachers on broken plays. He’s not like Aaron Jones in space where you’ll catch him unkess you run a 4.3’s speed. Dillon by example has some good contact balance but AJ wins more by force. #33 Won by instinct, short area power, vision and slipperiness.. but lacks that home run gear and could get run down in space. Marshawn wins with a combo of force mixed With agility and sprinkled with home run speed. Hes the RB version of the Edge that wins with athleticism and fuller toolbox of techniques.

If there’s a term that fits him?
BALANCE
Balance in run vs pass
Balance in speed vs power
Balance in ability to Win both in a phone booth vs space
That's a good assessment of Lloyd from what I've read.

The downside is ball security. That can be coached in the pros. If it really becomes a problem and games are lost - well I don't think that's gonna happen. Guys are not only faster at the pro level, their hands are incredibly strong. That's true for the LB or CB who can strip a ball, and it's true for a RB who has incredible hand strength, and who knows how to wrap up and switch sides with the ball. He'll be fine and I love the pick.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

That's funny, because he was the first person I associated the #32 with, also... maybe because they both played at USC

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I just hope Marshawn has a good career with us in that #32. The most notable players in Packers history to wear that number are Travis Jervey and Chris Banjo... I don't count Cedric Benson's 1 season in GB.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll simply remember him as a guy who butchered his ex-wife and her lover/friend. All of his accomplishments on the field and elsewhere - who cares?
The American legal system, the most unbiased, fair, and neutral in the known universe declared him innocent of those accusations and to continue to state them makes you guilty of spreading conspiracies.
.... <meet me in the back and we'll discuss your purchase of that bridge I have for sale> ....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why He Will Succeed: Lloyd will improve his ball security, become more disciplined in his rush plan, and come along in pass pro, and add a big play element to the offense.

Why He Would Fail: He will continue to put the ball on the ground and create negative plays by trying to bounce every run.

My Guess: I think Lloyd will probably always be a high variance running-- getting tackled behind the LOS more than you want and fumbling more than average. But I would guess that he will clean those things up enough to be an effective pro and help the offense for at least the duration of his rookie season.

Upside Comp: Josh Jacobs with long speed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Pike. I had like 13 in mind but it's more. I think you've got it.

It sure looks on paper at least that Gluten had a very good draft. Of course the proof in on the field. He traded back and turned that second round pick from the Jets into Edgerrin Cooper and several more.

So it creates a good problem - he can't keep everyone, so he and MLF will have to be especially cautious in who they waive in hopes of bringing back for the PS. Sure that happens every year, and some guys are lost. That's a credit to good drafting and development.

What are your thoughts on the draft?
I think it was changed to 16 during the pandemic because everyone was uncertain how many players would go down with Covid.
Overall, I think Gutekunst checked off my wishlist except for DT. My biggest check off was getting stronger in the middle of the defense. To me it looks like the offensive line has been replenished which was needed as well. I also like it that he brought in a QB to compete with Clifford.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The American legal system, the most unbiased, fair, and neutral in the known universe declared him innocent of those accusations and to continue to state them makes you guilty of spreading conspiracies.
.... <meet me in the back and we'll discuss your purchase of that bridge I have for sale> ....
The legal system did it's job in both trials. It found him guilty in the civil trial and not-guilty in the criminal. What failed was the prosecutors in the criminal trial. The system did its job.

I knew a lot of lawyers back then and remember hearing A LOT of harsh criticism, harsher than I'd ever heard, about the prosecution team. It was 30yrs ago so I don't remember most of the comments. The one that still comes to mind was that a prosecutor never presents evidence unless they are sure that it conclusively works in their favor. They had Simpson put on the gloves, not knowing 100% that they were going to fit. Lots of other missteps lead to Simpson getting the not-guilty.

Members online