2023 round 2 pick #42: Luke Musgrave

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Musgrave will replace Lazard as much as Tonyan.
Valid point

Kraft will likely be the TE1/Y player replacing Tonyan

Musgrave will be a U-flex player, which is basically what Lazard was even though he was listed as a WR

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Valid point

Kraft will likely be the TE1/Y player replacing Tonyan

Musgrave will be a U-flex player, which is basically what Lazard was even though he was listed as a WR

Last year, Lazard, Tonyan, Lewis, Davis, Cobb and Rodgers combined for 233% of offensive snaps.

I would expect those snaps to largely be shared among Musgrave, Kraft, and Reed (when all are healthy). Musgrave will largely be the F, often flexed into the slot, mainly replacing Tonyan and Lazard. Kraft will largely be the Y, in-line replacing Lewis. Reed will be the 11P slot, replacing Cobb and Rodgers.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of right now until next year. This is who we traded Rodgers for… forever tied to this player to the Rodgers trade god I effin hope he is the next Travis Kelce lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of right now until next year. This is who we traded Rodgers for… forever tied to this player to the Rodgers trade god I effin hope he is the next Travis Kelce lol

LVN is arguably here solely due to Rodgers trade as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah partially but I’m still gonna be following the career of musgrave and nexts years pick very closely.. but bottom line whoever they get won’t ever be as good as Rodgers.. it was just time. I guess I just wanna make a point that teams just crave draft picks and don’t remember what player they actually are getting or giving away after it’s all said and done.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pfffftt!
Bro, 1000%. This is basically what we got (first rd bonus in 24 please) for arguably the greatest player ever in our franchise history. We all witnessed it. We all hope it pans out. It’ll be a fun ride lol!

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is funny is that their GM continues to say the Pack are not rebuilding.... seriously, give us a break..... This team is in rebuilding mode simply by virtue of the facts that they were 8-9 last year, did not get into the playoffs, decided not to sign several starters and #2 backups on both sides of the ball (let them go FA or trade). They have an OL that is questionabe and did not draft one single OL. Their own players are saying "rebuild" and despite what anyone thinks about AR, he said he wanted to play on a team that had a chance at another SB... that was not going to be these GBPackers. Another 2-3 years and maybe they will be back on top, however, better watch out for Detroit this coming year, Chicago the year after that and Minn is likely to still be the top dog until they get knocked off. This year 7-10.....playing lots of rookies and young guys, then the question will be answered about JL.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could pan out to be a very co tested division in 2-3 years.. Besides the Vikings obviously. Gonna be excitin’

Reaction score
Yeah partially but I’m still gonna be following the career of musgrave and nexts years pick very closely.. but bottom line whoever they get won’t ever be as good as Rodgers.. it was just time. I guess I just wanna make a point that teams just crave draft picks and don’t remember what player they actually are getting or giving away after it’s all said and done.
I get that sentiment. I just think there’s more to a mini-reset on a football team than a #42. Jordan will Get his opportunity to shine just like Rodgers and every QB got there’s.

Also if Jordan basically matches Rodgers first season give or take
(call it 6 Wins) we’re picking in Raiders draft range. If we package a 2nd we can likely move up to get any player we want +-3 overall
Marvin Harrison Jr? Pick any player from college and he’s yours at -#2-3
That might not even touch our Jets Day1 and another 9 selections…
again.

We haven’t even discussed what we feel like doing with and extra $30M next season (value difference + between Rodgers and Love salary) Which players can you add with #3 overall and 30M play money?? That’s what Rodgers did for us.

One thing Gute is above average in is finding talent. If Gute feeds MLF 25 drafted players, including a #2-3 overall? This team will look very different by Rodgers 41st Bday

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope to all of those guys. Gute took a guy in the second he could've gotten in the fith round.

I bet a lot of those guys gonna be good...did you see jayden reed on that list. Or maybe youre talking about Tucker Kraft? Either way I think both are gonna be good players for the Packers

Youre eye for talent seems to be off

No way Musgrave was gonna be around in the 5th...he tore his mcl, thats the knee injury its not some mystery and its not a big deal. Aaron Jones has done it a couple times

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that sentiment. I just think there’s more to a mini-reset on a football team than a #42. Jordan will Get his opportunity to shine just like Rodgers and every QB got there’s.

Also if Jordan basically matches Rodgers first season give or take
(call it 6 Wins) we’re picking in Raiders draft range. If we package a 2nd we can likely move up to get any player we want +-3 overall
Marvin Harrison Jr? Pick any player from college and he’s yours at -#2-3
That might not even touch our Jets Day1 and another 9 selections…
again.

We haven’t even discussed what we feel like doing with and extra $30M next season (value difference + between Rodgers and Love salary) Which players can you add with #3 overall and 30M play money?? That’s what Rodgers did for us.

One thing Gute is above average in is finding talent. If Gute feeds MLF 25 drafted players, including a #2-3 overall? This team will look very different by Rodgers 41st Bday

Thats not how it works man, Rodgers cap number was never going to be 50 million in 2024. They dont save 30 million on the cap becas Love will count about 20 million against the cap

I do like the idea of Marvin Harrison Jr.

But one thing I think that people are forgetting is that Rodgers walked into a situation in which he had some good veteran weapons that were used to playing at a high standard, coming off of playing with Favre.

Love is not going to have that luxury. Tho he will have two veteran running backs to lean on. His pass catchers are all relative unknowns. A much different situation than what Rodgers had in his first season as a starter

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have Twitter? I just created a new thread for today I wanna get everyone on tonight and we talk about this stuff

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But one thing I think that people are forgetting is that Rodgers walked into a situation in which he had some good veteran weapons that were used to playing at a high standard, coming off of playing with Favre.

Love is not going to have that luxury. Tho he will have two veteran running backs to lean on. His pass catchers are all relative unknowns. A much different situation than what Rodgers had in his first season as a starter
Thank you for stating that-that's why I've been so incensed with Gute's actions the last 3 off-seasons

If GB drafts 2-3 years ahead then why did we deliberately let the cupboards get bare at WR so low that we had no choice but to draft 3 wideouts after trading Adams, so now Love comes in with nothing but maybe chucking fly balls to Watson as something to rely on in the passing game???

That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face; Gute was so determined to get rid of Aaron that he starved the WR room. Literally. If Watson and Doubs don't make huge leaps/Reed isn't an immediate contributor Love is going to have a very rocky first year as a starter because I do not foresee us signing any veteran FA worth a damn anytime soon...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for stating that-that's why I've been so incensed with Gute's actions the last 3 off-seasons

If GB drafts 2-3 years ahead then why did we deliberately let the cupboards get bare at WR so low that we had no choice but to draft 3 wideouts after trading Adams, so now Love comes in with nothing but maybe chucking fly balls to Watson as something to rely on in the passing game???

That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face; Gute was so determined to get rid of Aaron that he starved the WR room. Literally. If Watson and Doubs don't make huge leaps/Reed isn't an immediate contributor Love is going to have a very rocky first year as a starter because I do not foresee us signing any veteran FA worth a damn anytime soon...

So let's look back at the WR room...because I think many simply don't remember the string of events - I HAVE TO STRESS THIS IS NOT A JUSTIFICATION BUT an exercise to show it was not intentionally left bare...

2017 - We have on our roster an aging Nelson, Cobb and Adams as our main three...behind that we have Janis, Davis, Allison and Clark.
2018 - With the aging Nelson leaving the STUD that is ADAMS here, and some promising youth behind we draft THREE WRs that year: J'Mon Moore, EQSB and MVS. All with highly productive careers at college and any pundit or non-ignorant fan assumed one if not multiple would contribute and be something. Lazard was also brought in this season late. Ty Monty is in there too...
2019 - We entered with Adams of course, MVS showcasing he had WR3 or higher type ability his rookie year, Lazard the team thought could be something too...We add zero WRs in the draft.....and Lazard and MVS would be our second third most productive WRs with Geronimo behind them. This is the year a valid argument could be made we didn't do enough to help the WR room and was.
2020 - We don't do anything again in the draft BUT to be fair the ascending Lazard and MVS and EQ hopefully being a fourth it is reasonable to think this year not drafting one made sense over 2019 when not. Tavon Austin swing late would be done this season too.
2021 - A swing at a different type WR is taken in Amari Rodgers...did NOT pan out but again cannot say Gute did nothing and we still had one of the best in Adams, Lazard and MVS both were still here, PLUS Cobb was back in the fold....Winfree started showing life too. Cannot say he did nothing a 3rd and a good trade for Cobb was made.
2022 - Another three WR draft swing BUT what many don't remember is GB never intended to trade Adams, they offered him a TON of money - more than it has been reported ANYONE, but Adams wanted out and away from the uncertainty of Rodgers and back closer to home....YOU CANNOT hold that against Gute fully. We draft Watson, Doubs and Toure...we bring in Watkins also...Gute made MULTIPLE moves at the cupboard.
2023 - here we are again, multiple moves at the cupboard again in the draft using a 2nd, 5th and 7th on highly athletic type guys.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

At least one pass catcher every year 4th round or earlier since 2018, two years with a 5th round, then 2 more 3rd or better. That takes us back to Davonte. TT and Gute didn't abandon the positions (WR & TE) they just sucked at picking. They did hit on a few 5th round or better RBs during that time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least one pass catcher every year 4th round or earlier since 2018, two years with a 5th round, then 2 more 3rd or better. That takes us back to Davonte. TT and Gute didn't abandon the positions (WR & TE) they just sucked at picking. They did hit on a few 5th round or better RBs during that time.

Yup, honestly the odds were often in our favor and just didn’t pan out or didn’t pan out to the level we hoped. Not too mention the organization did all it could to keep Adams too.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Le sigh....

1) If we would have offered to pay Davante first instead of Bahk he's still a Packer-and considering where things were prognosticating I believe we made a mistake in prioritizing Bahk over Adams

That's not because Bahk immediately got hurt-I'm not saying we could have predicted that-it's because we had a WR room that wasn't nearly as strong as it was previously (2011-2016)

Adams wanted out not just because of Rodgers' uncertainty-it was the drama along with them not making Adams a priority earlier-they dragged out his situation then at the 11th hour offered him what he was worth which was clearly too late Davante was already offended and had checked out

2) Not drafting a receiver in the 1st round is an approach that now appears to be part of the reason we're in the position we are now. Coupling that with '19 and '20? I'm going to stand by my statements...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Le sigh....

1) If we would have offered to pay Davante first instead of Bahk he's still a Packer-and considering where things were prognosticating I believe we made a mistake in prioritizing Bahk over Adams

That's not because Bahk immediately got hurt-I'm not saying we could have predicted that-it's because we had a WR room that wasn't nearly as strong as it was previously (2011-2016)

2) Not drafting a receiver in the 1st round is an approach that now appears to be part of the reason we're in the position we are now. Coupling that with '19 and '20? I'm going to stand by my statements...

You do realize we offered more money to Adams than anyone - including where he went. Adams wanted out, too much uncertainty with Rodgers and he could be closer to home.

also there was no intentional anything about the position except in the draft of 19 and 20…otherwise lots was attempted