2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Man he is a pathetic tackle. That said he played LG well when we lost Pugh for a few games.

We could possibly work out a trade back for Newhouse. Ever hear of an up and comer named Don Barclay? I would even throw in some boat shoes for an even up trade.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants ruled out DE Jason Pierre-Paul for Sunday's game at Green Bay. DE Owa Odighizuwa is listed as doubtful.

JPP won't be back until the Champ game if we get there. It's been Vernon, Okwara and Wynn for a while now. Owa is seeming like a bust.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW. Is this weather related of what's the deal?

From what I hear it has to do with ticket-holders not purchasing playoff game tickets back in week 11. What happens is if you buy those tickets but the team doesn't make the playoffs, you get no refunds on that. At the time I believe we were 4-6 and most of us thought there were gonna be no playoffs at that point.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I hear it has to do with ticket-holders not purchasing playoff game tickets back in week 11. What happens is if you buy those tickets but the team doesn't make the playoffs, you get no refunds on that. At the time I believe we were 4-6 and most of us thought there were gonna be no playoffs at that point.

I thought it was "pay as we play". Meaning your credit card is only charged once the game is confirmed. I thought before, fans had to pay upfront...not receiving a refund if a game wasnt played...instead going to next year season tickets.

Season ticket holders get many perks. If a fan chooses not to pay for playoff tickets, thats fine. However they than should only be allowed to re sell a maximum of two games for the next season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they changed that this or last year. You can "buy" them, but aren't charged for them until they are officially in the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Rollins and Starks. Bulaga, Cobb, Elliott, Perry, Randall, Thomas and Tretter listed as questionable.

H

HardRightEdge

WOW. Is this weather related of what's the deal?
Keep in mind many season ticket holders buy to resell. The expected short lead time for out-of-area planning if the Packers happened to get in the playoffs and it being January outdoors in Green Bay conspire to deter season ticket resellers from making the purchase. Then those same factors deter purchases from the box office.

I suspect it will sell out eventually. It seems to me this has happened before. Maybe Ariens will buy up any dribs or drabs if it comes to that. By the way, the NFL prohibits teams from buying their own tickets.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I suspect it will sell out eventually. It seems to me this has happened before. Maybe Ariens will buy up any dribs or drabs if it comes to that. By the way, the NFL prohibits teams from buying their own tickets.

While it has happened in the past, it happened back in the day when the game would have been blacked out locally without a sellout. So a lot of local bars and businesses bought up the remaining tickets to prevent the blackout to serve their own interests. That won't be necessary now with that blackout ban being lifted. That being said, I still think it will eventually sell out naturally, but if nothing else, this will give FOX a 10 minute piece on "what's wrong in Green Bay". :coffee:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it has happened in the past, it happened back in the day when the game would have been blacked out locally without a sellout. So a lot of local bars and businesses bought up the remaining tickets to prevent the blackout to serve their own interests. That won't be necessary now with that blackout ban being lifted. That being said, I still think it will eventually sell out naturally, but if nothing else, this will give FOX a 10 minute piece on "what's wrong in Green Bay". :coffee:

I assume you're referring to that 2013 playoff game against SF when they were talking about those season ticket shortages. I kept hearing that people were feeling a bit safety conscious about that one because the temperatures were slated to be dangerously low. They're only supposed to be slightly above that this time. I know they were really low in the 2007 NFC Championship Game too, but being the NFCCG, nobody was going to miss that.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack will win this one in a more decisive manner than people think.

The Giants think they will just use their talent to come in and dominate. Seems as they aren't taking the game too serious. Packers offense will create too many mix matches. Might take a quarter or so, the as adjustments are made. You will see them pull away.

The lack of CBs will force the Packers to really get creative on defense and will creat confusion for Eli.

Let's go Packers!!