2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see cobb is practicing, honestly how G-Mo been playing I would rather cobb sit out and rest that ankle. Sort of a Dak/Romo situation .:sneaky:
It may just be me, but TyMo looks like he has been bothered by an ankle the last 2 games. If you watch week 17 he comes up limping in the 2ndQ I think. If Cobb is inactive and TyMo gets further injured we would only have Michael and Rip running!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's the playoffs...win or go home. Tape it up boys and put it all out there every game. Plenty of off season to get healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It may just be me, but TyMo looks like he has been bothered by an ankle the last 2 games. If you watch week 17 he comes up limping in the 2ndQ I think. If Cobb is inactive and TyMo gets further injured we would only have Michael and Rip running!
He did tweak an ankle, can't remember when and it may be why he was used less in the Lions game, but just like I said above.....time to get any and all able bodies out there.

Last edited:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense benefits from having a healthy Cobb at its disposal but Allison should still continue to get snaps.
Right healthy like I said, let cobb rest that ankle. Allison and Cook coming along. Im curious is there a such thing as too many weapons lol. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the Giants game from earlier this year. Rollins did a pretty good job on both OBJ and Cruz, O line did a great job, Rodgers really was missing receivers bad at times, Lacy was a beast until he git hurt in the 3rd quarter and Eli wilted under pressure. Jordy and Adams both missed some catches and Cobb was a stud. Forgot, Rip was strong in his few carries.

If Rodgers was playing like he is now and Jordy and Adams catch one more each of the ones they dropped we could have blown them out.

Now I know that each game stands on its own merits, I think we can take this and go on to whichever team we need to.

And yeah, add Cook to the mix, lookout, this could be fun.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

I can see it now..

Giants get 20 points and Packers 17...Giants have under 200 yards passing

Rodgers tosses 2 int and only 200 yards and the Def will be to blame
Well, if the defense gives up 14 of those 20 points in the last 5 minutes then yes, absolutely, the defense will be to blame and Capers will be out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams are currently allowed to sign free agents for the playoff run. It's hard to believe there aren't any better options out there than a converted wide reveiver from the practice squad but that's the way Thompson is running the show.

You make that comment but who are the guys that are better? Who are the guys that are in game shape? Who knows Capers system? Maybe there are some guys but it seems a little disingenuous to say TT could have surely picked up a guy in January without saying who

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Teams are currently allowed to sign free agents for the playoff run. It's hard to believe there aren't any better options out there than a converted wide reveiver from the practice squad but that's the way Thompson is running the show.
Do you think a guy can come in cold and learn our defensive schemes in 3 days well enough to play? Waters has been practicing with the team for months. It isn't ideal certainly, but neither are all the injuries.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone out there had been in the system before or something, maybe. Even then you're talking about being tossed in to a game where everyone is playing playoff level football, and you haven't even been hit yet, and you're old, and nowhere near preseason game shape, let alone playoff game shape.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a tough D ahead of him. Landon Collins really scares me, he is a drive killer! I don't see Eli having career day even with our Corner problems. But between OBJ and Cruz he throws 2 TDs.

More Shepard than Cruz right now. Shep is a legit slot receiver. Very physical too.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool to see Ben McAdoo get to face off in the postseason his rookie year of coaching vs the team he was with for many years and his old head coach and QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool to see Ben McAdoo get to face off in the postseason his rookie year of coaching vs the team he was with for many years and his old head coach and QB.

Yes and most of us here are hoping that his old boss proves to Ben that there is still a lot he will need to learn about the job ;)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting fact that doesn't necessarily pertain to any thread and not worthy of its own... playoff team players all make the same amount of money per game, regardless of their contracted amounts.
Wildcard teams each player makes $24k.
Division winners (playing this week) each player makes $27k.
Divisional round players all make $27k.
Conference championship game players make $49k.
Super Bowl winners make $107k, losers get $53k.

Contrast that with our top paid 3:
AR's pay/game during the regular season = $1.2Mil/game played.
CM3's pay/game = $859k/game played.
Peppers' pay/game - $656k

Another useless number is the Packer's gross revenue for 2016 was $186.1Mil. Very simplistically that's around $10Mil/game played at Lambeau (I realize they make money year-round on weddings, Pro Shop, etc. but don't know that breakdown). Home playoff games are a great "windfall" for NFL teams.

Last edited:

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the latest news on your injuries? Who is looking in and out?

Giants looks like Jenkins is in. In fact, sounds like JPP is the only one missing. Offense our RT Hart is a go after missing week 17.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Giants looks like Jenkins is in. In fact, sounds like JPP is the only one missing. Offense our RT Hart is a go after missing week 17.
Damn! Thought Newhouse would be your RT and allowing CM3 a huge game :(.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I thought I had heard all of your WR's were injured in a boating accident this past weekend? :whistling:

Your team sounds healthier than the Packers for sure. As it seems like it has been all year, we may not hear who is in or who is out until right up to game time. Cobb is talking about playing. Same with Randall. Keep an eye on the Packers private sideline tent, it may be busy on Sunday!

Members online