2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time no see. Hope Packer nation is stoked for this one.

Very interesting game we have here.

Giants Defense is probably playing the best in the NFL right now, but clashing with the Packers offense which is playing amazing led by Aaron Rodgers.

Keys to beat the Gmen?

You guys are right. Pressure Eli. Have Matthews cause havoc out there as the Giants tackles can not protect Eli. When you do this, you need to press up on our receivers. Dont let them get the jump off at the LOS. The one thing giving me hope about our offense besides Odell is having our run game getting better and better. Perkins has emerged as a great looking RB and the future at the position. Speed, vision, patience, ect.

For the Giants? They need to CONTAIN Rodgers in the pocket while pressuring him. EAsier said than done, but that will be the key. Giants have 3 solid CBs out there that can cover. And Landon Collins is pushing for DPOY. Vernon is bringing constant pressure. Not having JPP hurts, but guys like Okwara and Wynn have been helping out. And you really wont be able to run on the Giants. Harrison and Hankins are brutal up front. Giants need to just find the few plays that spring Odell open and find Cruz and Shep for key moving the chains catches. We have a TE named Tye, but he isnt that good.

Go Giants
The short/quick/rhythmic passing game will be crucial to the success of the Packers in this game for all of the reasons you mentioned. And when the play gets broken down, keeping Rodgers contained inside the pocket is 100% crucial to the Giants.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK. I've got to go on record here. I'm not Half Empty. Half Empty is Half Empty. But I gotta tell ya. I think our boys are one and done this year. I just don't see how our offense is going to overcome that defense coupled with our shaky secondary against those receivers. But that is why they play the game. I hope I'm terribly wrong.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I've got to go on record here. I'm not Half Empty. Half Empty is Half Empty. But I gotta tell ya. I think our boys are one and done this year. I just don't see how our offense is going to overcome that defense coupled with our shaky secondary against those receivers. But that is why they play the game. I hope I'm terribly wrong.

Our offense is terrible. I would say this game is going to be a nail biter going either way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They HAVE to die. Not for being Giants, which is excuse enough, but partying with THAT ******* !!
It's funny..ironic funny.

2 Def players, Bush and pepprah? Where at a club partying 2 days before Giants game 2011... Getting high and drunk.. Maybe this is karma?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If the rumors are true about THAT*******!! engaging in NFL prohibited recreational activities, those players better hope that this is not the week they get tested.
I believe they know whether get tested.. At least they used to..

Hence pepprah and Bush getting high b4 playoff game.. Read my previous post

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with calling it like you see it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense is terrible. I would say this game is going to be a nail biter going either way.
Which is why I'm not horribly concerned with our DB's... AR needs to remain sharp and put 31 points on the board. Even GB's 4th quarter prevent-D should be able to withstand a sudden outburst of Eli lucidity.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, I'm as big a Rodgers fan as they come, but we should have beaten Minnesota in week 2. He made some very, very uncharacteristic mistakes in that game.

This season could have definitely turned out better, but all things considered, I'm encouraged with the momentum and rhythm we have going into the postseason.

Won't mean a thing if we don't win a SB. Will be another year of Rodgers career, plus a low draft pick.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As does Half Empty. :)

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanted: NFL cornerback. Must be capable of holding high quality receivers to under 100 yards per game. Starts immediately. Salary: negotiable. If interested, contact T. Thompson c/o Green Bay Packers.

Seriously, the Packers offense is good enough to win the Superbowl. The defense is one high quality DB short of good enough. The offense is pretty much going to have to score on every possession.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wanted: NFL cornerback. Must be capable of holding high quality receivers to under 100 yards per game. Starts immediately. Salary: negotiable. If interested, contact T. Thompson c/o Green Bay Packers.

Seriously, the Packers offense is good enough to win the Superbowl. The defense is one high quality DB short of good enough. The offense is pretty much going to have to score on every possession.
If somehow the road is Giants, then Cowboys, then Seahawks, we have a very, very good shot.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants are going to be tough, but at least I feel better about our Super Bowl chances this year than in the playoffs last year.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but at least I feel better about our Super Bowl chances this year than in the playoffs last year.
x1000

The Packers were an absolute mess going into the playoffs last year. This time we're on fire. If we win on Sunday, I really, really like our chances to go to the Super Bowl.

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
x1000

The Packers were an absolute mess going into the playoffs last year. This time we're on fire. If we win on Sunday, I really, really like our chances to go to the Super Bowl.

I hope there's room on the band wagon if you win, particularly if you end up in Dallas.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only team left in the NFC that concerns me is the Dallas Cowboys. I think that their offenses presents a match-up nightmare for the Packers Defense. Mobile QB, excellent RB, Great OL, good TE and decent receivers. Our inability to stop them showed in our Regular Season game at Lambeau and a game at Dallas could be even worse. But if we make it past the Giants, which is a toss up game to me, we most likely end up in Dallas (Seahawk win) and I guess we will see what happens.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take Rodgers in a dome against anyone. Doesn't matter who they have on defense. But with Rodgers comes a bad secondary behind him. It's almost like he has to score points every possession and pray for a few stops by the defense. The Falcons game was very winnable and was won..until defense let the Falcons march almost the length of the field while chewing up the clock ...and score. Game over

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why I'm not horribly concerned with our DB's... AR needs to remain sharp and put 31 points on the board. Even GB's 4th quarter prevent-D should be able to withstand a sudden outburst of Eli lucidity.
Held Detroit to 10 points in 2nd half? If you can say hail Mary is a legit defensive issue..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have no doubt that this team can win out, including the Super Bowl, but....the moment we turn the ball over more times than we take it away, the game will probably over. Our offense can hold its own, but fumbles or interceptions, will take away needed possessions to stay in close games. On the other side of the ball, our defense isn't good enough to keep teams like Dallas and Atlanta out of the end zone, without the aid of some timely turnovers.

Captain or someone will have the stat, I just don't want to dig it up right now. But over the last 6 games (wins) has AR thrown an interception or have we fumbled and lost a ball? I know we have quite a few interceptions as well as a few fumbles recovered. Keep that margin and we keep winning, even with a weak defense.