Your opinion on Najeh Davenport!

Scouse Eagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An Eagles fan here, just wondering if you guys think Najeh Davenport will stay in GB next year. If not, is there a chance he might become an eagle???

The eagles are looking for a power back to split time with Westbrook, would he fit???

I know that he knows the West Coast Offense, do we have a shot at him???

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, my condolences for the Super Bowl loss. Are the Eagles giving up on Levens? He still seems to have something in the tank, especially that TD run against Atlanta in the playoffs. As far as Davenport, he's definitely a horse when he's healthy. His positives are he hits the hole fast for a player his size and he can break some tackles. He's also been a pretty good Kick Off returner for us. The negatives are that he can't stay healthy and he's had fumbling problems. He's been a very seviceable backup to Ahman Green, but I don't know if he's starter material. Might be a good fit for the Eagles. We need defense. What can the Eagles offer us in a possible trade scenario?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that they would tender him so we have a better shot of retaining him. I think the GM has a big decision to make on whether to keep Green or Davenport since he is two years younger.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Green has 1 year left, I would trade Green away and keep Davenport, I believe Davenport has potential to become even better than Green is.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerimiah Trotter is a free agent I'd take him for Davenport. We could even throw in Michael Hawthrone for Levens. Let him finish his career out with Brett

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
Jerimiah Trotter is a free agent I'd take him for Davenport. We could even throw in Michael Hawthrone for Levens. Let him finish his career out with Brett

Trotter learned his lesson by leaving to the Skins, he was nothing there. Pro Bowler back in Eagle town. He'll stay.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Trotter learned his lesson by leaving to the Skins, he was nothing there. Pro Bowler back in Eagle town. He'll stay.

Agreed - Trotter's stayin' put. He knows the Eagles will still be something to contend with next year... It all depends on who they lose.

My bet? They do something with Davenport for Draft flexibility - meaning he could be gone very soon. Najeh's probem is he can't seem to play a full year without getting hurt - it's due in some part to his running style.. He bruises people and gets bruised in the process.... 'sides, we already have Fisher locked up and we also have other RB's waiting in the wings to groom.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget about getting Corey Simon from the eagles,they have put the franchise tag on him. He was a good player for them,would fit nicely on the DL. We could not aford him anyway.JMO

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagle Guy, What's the chances Philly would part w/ the 35th pick in this year's draft? It looks as though there is going to be some very good quality early in the 2nd rd. Davenport for that pick would be a good trade to me.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
There's no way the Eagles give up the 35th pick for Davenport. The could get a guy like Morency at that spot. I think if the Packers decided to trade him, the best we could do is a third round pick. At that price, I say we do it. Davenport cannot be a starter, it has to be Green. Fisher is a capable backup. It seems possible to me that the Eagles would be interested in trading a pick for him. Who knows? Maybe they'd part with their late 2nd rounder. I'd do it in a heartbeat. It is a shame that fans can't orchestrate trades though right.

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Davenport, but he is injury prone. I do think Davenport is worth that much on the free agency market, because of his injury problems. When he is healthy, he plays like a quality starter. I still think Green is the All Pro though.
I loved what Levens did for the Packers and I was impressed what Levens did for the Eagles in the playoffs up to the Super Bowl. Davenport is presently a much better option than Levens.
If Davenport wants a chance to start the Packers might consider a 2nd rounder for him. I think a 1st would be nice, but is probably too high and a 3rd or less sells his abilities too short. The Packers might find a quality replacement for Davenport in the draft. Personally I hope Davenports stays with the Packers, but the NFL is a business too and Davenport does deserve a shot at starting.
I think the Steelers might trade for Davenport. Davenport is very Bettis like in his running ability.

Members online

Latest posts