Your FIRST Packer game memory?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-What's your age?

-What's your first Packer game you can remember?

-What city, state do you live in?

I'll start.

-Old (44)

-Preseason game vs O.J. Simpson and the Bills sometime around 1978

-Dallas

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I'll give it a go.

-7 years old (My Packers experience didn't begin until 1993, when Reggie White joined the Pack)

-The first one I remember was when the first time the Packers played the Eagles after Reggie was a Packer, sometime in the late 80's. I remember it because it was the first time my family and I were on opposite sides. I made this cheesehead hat out of foam and I spray painted it yellow. I even drew little holes in the cheese. Nobody from my family would sit on the sofa with me. That's what I remember the most but I stuck behind my new team.

-Philadelphia, PA. Eagles territory and former team of Reggie White.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably this one.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am really trying to remember any other ones and they just aren't there.
OK so we had 3 main TVs in the house. Every one of them B & W if you can believe that.
Except for this little portable one that was color and not hooked up to the cable which I inherited from my grandma.
So me and a friend turned it on in my bedroom and that scene just happened to come up.

Things to note:
Cheerleaders!
The one bar face mask of Marcol and he's wearing glasses!
No one in any of the Lambeau crowd shots are wearing any Packers gear.
(That comes later when NFL marketing gets the idea to somehow sell more of it to more fans.)
This is against Da Bears!
The image is about the same size when I watched it on the portable.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
1981: December, cold as a ****..... Watching Lynn ****ey and James Lofton hook up for a TD pass. We beat the Lions that day. I was 6 years old and from then on, was a dedicated pack fan.

Oh yeah.... I am 38 yrs old, almost 39. Was living in Oshkosh when we traveled up to GB for my first game. Living in NC as of now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I'll give it a go.

-7 years old (My Packers experience didn't begin until 1993, when Reggie White joined the Pack)

-The first one I remember was when the first time the Packers played the Eagles after Reggie was a Packer, sometime in the late 80's. I remember it because ..... of Reggie White.
I believe Reggie didn't come to the Packers until 1993.
Your memory is like my memory, it comes and goes like the clouds. :eek:

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably this one.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am really trying to remember any other ones and they just aren't there.
OK so we had 3 main TVs in the house. Every one of them B & W if you can believe that.
Except for this little portable one that was color and not hooked up to the cable which I inherited from my grandma.
So me and a friend turned it on in my bedroom and that scene just happened to come up.

Things to note:
Cheerleaders!
The one bar face mask of Marcol and he's wearing glasses!
No one in any of the Lambeau crowd shots are wearing any Packers gear.
(That comes later when NFL marketing gets the idea to somehow sell more of it to more fans.)
This is against Da Bears!
The image is about the same size when I watched it on the portable.
THAT VIDEO is awesome!
You know what, I was 11, and I don't remember EVER seeing that. Hmm.
I was already a fan by then, collected their yearbooks since about 1978.
But living in Grape Ape Land, I guess I didn't get to see too many games back then.
What a Fantastic Finish.
I met Chester Marcol and Bart Starr one of those years as a little punk, who got a tour with my dad of the Packers facility.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Reggie didn't come to the Packers until 1993.
Your memory is like my memory, it comes and goes like the clouds. :eek:

LOL I blame the Eagles fans for that one. It should read mid to 90's. Considering I wasn't born until the mid to late 80's it would be hard indeed for me to remember a game when I probably wasn't born yet and a team he hadn't played for. :oops:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I'll give it a go.

-The first one I remember was when the first time the Packers played the Eagles after Reggie was a Packer, sometime in the late 80's. I remember it because it was the first time my family and I were on opposite sides. I made this cheesehead hat out of foam and I spray painted it yellow. I even drew little holes in the cheese. Nobody from my family would sit on the sofa with me. That's what I remember the most but I stuck behind my new team.

-Philadelphia, PA. Eagles territory and former team of Reggie White.
Good thing you watched it from home and not in the stadium where you might have been pelted with snacks, had a soda spilled on you or worse.
Philly fans in their stadiums with their reputation, you know.
(I'm half joking or would they really be A-holes to a child?)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing you watched it from home and not in the stadium where you might have been pelted with snacks, had a soda spilled on you or worse.
Philly fans in their stadiums with their reputation, you know.
(I'm half joking or would they really be A-holes to a child?)

Back in that era (90's) things were pretty bad in Philly. I hate to say it, but, yes, they would of been an A-hole to a child.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Saw the Packers on British T.V. in 1980`s against the Lions. I confess I wasn`t a fan at the time, I think I was a Raiders fan at the time, (I loved the silver and black at the time)

Saw the Packers ACTUALLY play at Lambeau in 2003 or 04 against the Cowboys in the October after visiting with a lovely American lady I was friends with. We`d met up in Green Bay in the May of the same year. The love affair with her didn`t last, the love affair with the Packers has ;). I`m grateful to her for meeting me in Green Bay and not Chicago or Minnesota :cautious:. I thought William Henderson and Ahman Green were awesome.

I live in Birmingham, England.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey buggy .. why does Veronica keep kicking your *** on every post? Were you being "Breeetish" again? :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
First game ... 1965. I was just short of 7 years old. 1st game at the re-dedicated City Stadium. Pack v. Bears at Lambeau Field. I remember asking my Dad who the guys in green were...we only had a black and white TV. None of that mattered to me. What mattered was Dad took me to a game.

I am 55 and now live in Oskosh, WI. Grew up about 20 minutes south of Lambeau in a town so small that the installation of a flashing red light on US Hwy 10 resulted in a parade and city wide carnival.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 Season Packers went 4-12 under Mike Sherman's last season...the lone brightspot of this season was SAMKON GADO and the game against the garbage Aaron Brook's Saints...I even went to watch them play against the Eagles in Philly they lost badly to Mike McMahon (McNabb was hurt) but Gado still had a big day...it was a horrendous season, i think Rodgers had a play or 2 in that year as well (rookie season)...ever since then, we've been very privileged to watch this new age packers team. I hope it never ends!

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 59

My first vivid memory of watching the Packers was Thanksgiving Day in 1962 at Detroit. I believe they were undefeated at the time and I remember Bart going down 11 times against a ferocious pass rush. It was the only loss that year.

I live in San Antonio, Tx

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea. For someone only in my late 20's, I don't hang on to many long-term memories like that. Dunno why. I kind of remember a feeling associated with a vague memory more than the memory itself.

I guess I remember the kind of warm, thoughtless, floating feeling after a big Thanksgiving meal with my whole extended family filling my grandparents' house watching the Packers and digesting heavy food. And when I got a little older, feeling antsy wanting to leave the house and go back to the cabin to finish out the deer season with the men of the clan.

Leather&Lacy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good idea for a thread.

I'm 33.

The first Packer game I remember watching and getting really excited about was when they beat the Lions in the playoffs in January, 1994. I know I was watching Packers games well before that but for some reason that memory has stuck with me through the years.

I was born and raised in Saint Paul, MN, and I still live there.

D

Dan115

I am 61. 15 October 1961. A big win over the browns that day. I live in Thailand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts