You think our running game is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England hasnt had a quality run game for awhile either.

Yup, and they're always a perennial favorite to do some damage in the post season.

So far I think we've proved that, much to the chagrin of others, the power of your running game just doesn't matter. There's been absolutely no conclusive evidence over the past several years to prove that having a top running game automatically means post-season success. It's an old ideology that's no longer relevant to today's NFL. Just as many teams with outstanding running games make the playoffs and the Super Bowl as teams with horrid running games.

I'm sorry, I know some of you want to believe we have to make all sorts of trades in an attempt to improve our running game, but the simple fact is we don't. No sense *****ing about it anymore.

OP
OP
P

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, a poster with common sense... THANK YOU

Saints, Colts and Texans have domes. No need to worry about wind, rain or snow effecting the pass game there.

Steelers don't. Pats don't. If I remember right, last year the pats put up 59 points in a blizzard.

Lets see how Tom Brady did... Oh, 380 yards and 6 td passes. Man, too bad they dont play in a dome.

This is a man's game. Snow is a part of it. And you CAN pass in the snow.

Do you just say random things and hope it makes sense?

You notice I have brought up multiple stat based observations and the only argument against me is "we play outside... Uh... Ya. soo we need to run... because uh... we play outside. This is the 80s and you need a running game and uh... ya..."

Listen to yourselves. You don't need a running game anymore. This isn't the 80s. When was the last time an elite back took his team and won a title? If a running game was soooo important, LT would have like 4 championships, and AP wouldn't have needed Brett Favre to come in to make them a great team. You guys have to see that. This is a passing league.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey, you know what. look at the running teams right now. bills, tenn, vikes?, lions?, panthers, jags, theyre all in the proverbial *******.

running games are overrated

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers don't. Pats don't. If I remember right, last year the pats put up 59 points in a blizzard.

Lets see how Tom Brady did... Oh, 380 yards and 6 td passes. Man, too bad they dont play in a dome.

This is a man's game. Snow is a part of it. And you CAN pass in the snow.

Do you just say random things and hope it makes sense?

You notice I have brought up multiple stat based observations and the only argument against me is "we play outside... Uh... Ya. soo we need to run... because uh... we play outside. This is the 80s and you need a running game and uh... ya..."

Listen to yourselves. You don't need a running game anymore. This isn't the 80s. When was the last time an elite back took his team and won a title? If a running game was soooo important, LT would have like 4 championships, and AP wouldn't have needed Brett Favre to come in to make them a great team. You guys have to see that. This is a passing league.

This thread has gotten beyond ridiculous.

:sFun_DeadHorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts