You guys deserve more respect

neuronet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been here all week arguing and talking football, what a great fight you guys put up, the most injured team in the NFL and you came into our house and just about beat us. We are lucky to win that one. What sticks out:

1. You meant business. You blasted out of the gate and punched us in the mouth with the onside kick and that set the tone: GB isn't about to roll over and die, they are here to win.

2. Flynn played great. He played better than most of the QBs the Pats have faced this year in terms of accuracy and poise. Yes, he's rough around the edges needs a little coaching, but he will be a first-string QB in this league. No doubt.

3. Everyone in the world was assuming another Patriots blowout. No way. Nobody was giving GB the respect they deserve. When you are 100 percent healthy, you will be a wrecking crew.

4. They executed a great game plan against the Patriots offense: take away the pocket from Brady and also take away his obvious targets. He took a pounding tonight by your nose tackle (Raj or something was his name?).

5. You have some crazy-*** amazing fans. It sounded almost as loud when Brady had the ball as when Flynn had the ball! I have to give you props for having the best fans in football. Patriots fans tend to be spoiled or bandwagon fans. The way you came in today showed the heart of the real fan beats in Green Bay. I have always liked the Packers, and they are one of the teams I root for when they aren't playing the Patriots, and this reminds me why.

I almost had to come eat crow, I guess I'm here to eat a wing and say I totally underestimated your team, I have no idea how they are behind the Bears in the standings frankly. Good luck in the rest of the season, you deserve to be in the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ty for the post

its BJ for nose tackle

and glad a un biased fan seen we had a good game plan..

Lot of upset pack fans thought it sucked and want MM fired

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are a hell of a team, even when not at your best your tough as hell. Oh, and I'll tell you how the bears are ahead of us in the standings- Bears= luckiest team in the NFL.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Thanks for the props, but it doesn't make it hurt less. Although to be honest, I didn't think we would perform quite that well. The ST and Flynn pick 6 killed us.

Pack fans putting the loss on MM are just venting. MM is the one who game planned, motivated, and got this team to play a tight ball game with a backup QB. A lot of what happened out there bad for GB had nothing to do with MM.

GB can plays to the level of the opponent. If they ever figure out who to play with intensity like they did against the Patriots, and get all their starters back, GB would be a contender. But, woulda, shoulda, coulda. We lost another nail biter. Man, I'm getting sick of that.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, of course Patriots fans want to say the Packers are a great team, because they've been exposed and want to find a way to sweep this near-miss under the rug. I honestly hope the Patriots win the AFC just because I hate the Steelers so badly, but if I were a Pats fan, I'd be greatly concerned.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, of course Patriots fans want to say the Packers are a great team, because they've been exposed and want to find a way to sweep this near-miss under the rug. I honestly hope the Patriots win the AFC just because I hate the Steelers so badly, but if I were a Pats fan, I'd be greatly concerned.
? they have nothing to prove

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I'm very proud of what our shipshape team did tonight against your (probably) SB caliber team. It takes a lot to challenge a team like the Pats, at home, like we did, and I'm proud of what went down.

GO PACK GO!

Thanks for coming here. Stay classy, NE.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been here all week arguing and talking football, what a great fight you guys put up, the most injured team in the NFL and you came into our house and just about beat us. We are lucky to win that one. What sticks out:

1. You meant business. You blasted out of the gate and punched us in the mouth with the onside kick and that set the tone: GB isn't about to roll over and die, they are here to win.

2. Flynn played great. He played better than most of the QBs the Pats have faced this year in terms of accuracy and poise. Yes, he's rough around the edges needs a little coaching, but he will be a first-string QB in this league. No doubt.

3. Everyone in the world was assuming another Patriots blowout. No way. Nobody was giving GB the respect they deserve. When you are 100 percent healthy, you will be a wrecking crew.

4. They executed a great game plan against the Patriots offense: take away the pocket from Brady and also take away his obvious targets. He took a pounding tonight by your nose tackle (Raj or something was his name?).

5. You have some crazy-*** amazing fans. It sounded almost as loud when Brady had the ball as when Flynn had the ball! I have to give you props for having the best fans in football. Patriots fans tend to be spoiled or bandwagon fans. The way you came in today showed the heart of the real fan beats in Green Bay. I have always liked the Packers, and they are one of the teams I root for when they aren't playing the Patriots, and this reminds me why.

I almost had to come eat crow, I guess I'm here to eat a wing and say I totally underestimated your team, I have no idea how they are behind the Bears in the standings frankly. Good luck in the rest of the season, you deserve to be in the playoffs.

Thank you so much! I knew your Pats were going to play well, that was a given. I also had faith in my team but we failed to pull it off in the last seconds of the game. It came that close. It was fun chatting and talking smack with you, who knows maybe if the football Gods are good to us both we shall meet again soon.

I had your crow all broiled up and served on a platter, ready for you. But alas, you won't be the one eating it so I ate it myself. No sense in wasting perfectly good crow. It goes pretty good with BBQ sauce! ;)

Good luck with your playoff run and may we meet again!

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
As the others said, THANKS. The loss hurt because it would have felt so good to win on the road to one of the top teams in the league without our starting QB. No one saw us winning or even being close, yes our team is amazing and Im glad you can and showed love to us. hopefully we get into the playoffs because our season isnt done just yet. I think we have some more work to do. Thanks again. Good thing pain is temporary lol, because im hurting lol. Oh and that was Desmond and BJ putting a hurting on brady and others lol. Good game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ummm....I dont think so. A serviceable back up in a couple of years maybe, but not a leading man.

The pack does not deserve to be in the playoffs when they lose to the detroit lions, redskins, bears, and dolphins. the patriot loss is not a killer due to the pats being a bonafide contender. its the others already mentioned. The pats are going to be killers due to their draft position coming up. Theyre stacked for the future, and to be honest, some of the players that are on IR for the pack such as Nick Barnett should not be asked back due to Desmond Bishop's play. Fans are getting restless of woulda coulda shoulda years in Green Bay. At some point something has to be said for that. Good luck in the AFC playoffs.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
ty for the post

its BJ for nose tackle

and glad a un biased fan seen we had a good game plan..

Lot of upset pack fans thought it sucked and want MM fired

I think as a general rule of thumb, People like to Hate on and blame the head coach, rather than single out a few players. It always settles down after a win.

And to the OP Thanks, too bad the packers seem to ignore special teams practice, otherwise I feel like we would have won. You are welcome back when we see you in the super bowl ;)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I can't believe we were three stupid errors away from being able to pull this game out.

1) Woodson drops a sure pick that hit him in both hands. That series resulted in a TD for the Pats.

2) 71 yards to a friggin LT? Really? Special teams, you're fired!

3) Pick 6. That one is on James Jones. Offense needs to learn to tackle also, not that it would have mattered.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
3) Pick 6. That one is on James Jones. Offense needs to learn to tackle also, not that it would have mattered.
Of course it matters, maybe we should have just handed them a touchdown right?
This defense is the best in the NFL with backups.
The special teams on the other hand are the worst I've ever seen in football.
I wait with my body clenched with each kick while the opposing team returns it and I go outside for a cigarette when they are kicking to us, just ridiculous that a professional football team can be this bad.
I understand injuries also hurt special teams, I do, but it's a single play with one or two options for each player, c'mon!!!!
It's the only other thing outside of injures to put us into a playoff caliber team.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I can't believe we were three stupid errors away from being able to pull this game out.

1) Woodson drops a sure pick that hit him in both hands. That series resulted in a TD for the Pats.

2) 71 yards to a friggin LT? Really? Special teams, you're fired!

I count about 4 or 5 mistackles on Flynn's INT alone that each count as a mistake. That could have held them to a FG instead of a pick-6, whereas a result a FG would have won the game at the end.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we have the best defense in the nfl!! Isnt that great. Scary that it could get even better next year and it should.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it matters, maybe we should have just handed them a touchdown right?

I say not that it matters because of the great field position they would have started out with even if we made the tackle. Basically, I'm assuming they score a TD after taking over in the redzone.

OP
OP
neuronet

neuronet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I'd rather sweep the loss to the Browns under the rug than this close one. The Patriots weaknesses in their secondary haven't been a secret to anyone watching them this year (the Bills put up over 30 against the Pats, the Pats have one of the lowest-rated defenses in the league). This is a rebuilding year for the Patriots, who have two pics in the first, second, and third rounds this year.

What we are surprised by, in this building year in which we traded moss and have nearly all rookies in our secondary, is that we are winning so much. We've had a lot of ugly wins.

I'm not embarassed by this game: GB had the blueprint to win down with their defensive schemes. If it wasn't for rookie mistakes at QB and special teams mistakes (other than the onside kick which people calling for the head of ST coach seem to have forgotten) you would have won.

The gameplan was executed as well as you could hope:
1. Rattle Brady and push him out of his comfort zone by collapsing the pocket (not just mindless blitzing like the Jets did and got destroyed for).
2. Get a running game going to keep the ball out of Brady's hands.
3. Onside kick to keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

You had some amazing long drives there that chewed up clock time.

I'm proud the Pats won, not embarassed that they almost lost. Green Bay brought their A-game, and it was a nail biter.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ummm....I dont think so. A serviceable back up in a couple of years maybe, but not a leading man.

The pack does not deserve to be in the playoffs when they lose to the detroit lions, redskins, bears, and dolphins. the patriot loss is not a killer due to the pats being a bonafide contender. its the others already mentioned. The pats are going to be killers due to their draft position coming up. Theyre stacked for the future, and to be honest, some of the players that are on IR for the pack such as Nick Barnett should not be asked back due to Desmond Bishop's play. Fans are getting restless of woulda coulda shoulda years in Green Bay. At some point something has to be said for that. Good luck in the AFC playoffs.

I don't really see how he couldn't be a first stringer soon? Mark Sanchez is a starter and I think Flynn showed a lot more accuracy and poise than sanchez. What exactly stands out that he can't be a first string QB? He almost just beat the best team in the NFL in his first start, on national tv, at new england.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I'd just like to say that this is a **** poor post which really makes Packer fans look bad. This kind of poor sportsmanship is NOT indicative of most Packer fans.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

He's already proved he's at least a serviceable backup. He proved it tonight. And I'll bet he'll be starting somewhere within 2 years. GB has a long-standing reputation for developing quality quarterbacks, and Flynn will carry that on. Mark it down. He'll probably be starting for the Redskins or Niners or someone within 2 years.

The pack does not deserve to be in the playoffs when they lose to the detroit lions, redskins, bears, and dolphins.

In order to get into the playoffs we will have to beat the Giants and Bears and we certainly WILL deserve to be there! What an asinine comment! If anyone doesn't deserve to be there it's any team from the NFC West.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't really see how he couldn't be a first stringer soon? Mark Sanchez is a starter and I think Flynn showed a lot more accuracy and poise than sanchez. What exactly stands out that he can't be a first string QB? He almost just beat the best team in the NFL in his first start, on national tv, at new england.

I don't know if I'd call the Patriots the best team in the NFL. They have a good record, but like neuronet said, they've had a lot of ugly wins. The Falcons, Eagles and Steelers are probably better teams, truth be known.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call the Patriots the best team in the NFL. They have a good record, but like neuronet said, they've had a lot of ugly wins. The Falcons, Eagles and Steelers are probably better teams, truth be known.

Sorry, no -effing way. The Patriots have been rolling all over opponents, and are easily much better than the Eagles and Steelers for sure. Well, we know they're much better than the Steelers, since the Pats destroyed them already this season, back in week 10.

I mean, Jesus, they outscored their previous two opponents 81-10 for godsakes. But no, they're not *that good.*

Don't kid yourself, the Patriots are the best team in the league by far. The reason why they looked ordinary and beatable today is because our defense played like friggin monsters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts