Yes... another Favre thread, but trying to be as objective as possible?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw a Kurt Warner sig on Brett Favre from a member here (sorry... just can't remember and I'm already writing so cred to that member).

So what I ask is... how will he be remembered? Okay so he betrayed the GB Nation. And he talked about how after a number of years... ppl will only remember him as a GB Packer and as our old hero.

Really? I'm not too sure about this one for one simple reason... Aaron Rodgers.

He might've been able to be remembered fondly in GB if after he left, our team suffered for a long time.

But Aaron came in, and made us forget about him; even possibly accomplishing what he did in a VERY short amount of time.

It's like a relationship. We broke up with Brett, but Aaron swept us off our feet. And the important thing is... Aaron isn't a rebound chick!

Am I making sense? It is in my head, but I dunno if I'm elaborating well. What'd you guys think?

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would I hype up a game that I can't even watch until 10 pm? Do you know how painful work would be? I'm being smart homie.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he comes back again or is accused of ****** assault I dont see a need for another favre thread, there is enough of them out there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw a Kurt Warner sig on Brett Favre from a member here (sorry... just can't remember and I'm already writing so cred to that member).

So what I ask is... how will he be remembered? Okay so he betrayed the GB Nation. And he talked about how after a number of years... ppl will only remember him as a GB Packer and as our old hero.

Really? I'm not too sure about this one for one simple reason... Aaron Rodgers.

He might've been able to be remembered fondly in GB if after he left, our team suffered for a long time.

But Aaron came in, and made us forget about him; even possibly accomplishing what he did in a VERY short amount of time.

It's like a relationship. We broke up with Brett, but Aaron swept us off our feet. And the important thing is... Aaron isn't a rebound chick!

Am I making sense? It is in my head, but I dunno if I'm elaborating well. What'd you guys think?
1st of all, there are some Packers fans out there who don't have grudges and remember Favre fondly already.

Second, he would have been remembered fondly by every Packers fan if once he quit he would have stayed retired.
When he went to the Vikings, then we found out that he had a hidden agenda all along so therefore we felt betrayed.

I don't think that A-Rod's playing has anything to do with feeling negative towards Burnt Fraud.
If Burnt had retired with grace and class then every Packers fan would have fond feelings towards him even with A-Rod.
So don't throw the blame on the awesome playing of A-Rod.
Put it where it belongs which is squarely on the shoulders of BrINT Fail.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
L

Lunchboxer

That guy is overrated.

We dont need this talk hours till the biggest game of this franchise has ever had.

Lets focus on this upcoming game please.

InRodgersWeTrust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading these makes me happy. Very very happy that we have A-rod and not BrINT playing for us today.

Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against Favre. But there is no one Id rather have leading the offense in this game tonight currently than Aaron Rodgers. We certainly dont need to discuss if we should love Brett Favre or not today of all days.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a man without a country, hurt his legacy in GB by doing what he did, didn't finish the deal in MN, eventually he will be accepted back but if if Rogers finishes the deal once or twice over the next 8-10 years and retires as a Packer or just doesn't go to the Queens or Bears at end of career who will be remembered as the best Packer QB of all time...not Favre...Rogers continues to pile on Favre today adding to his worst year of his life for sure professionally and one could argue personally...

Members online

Latest posts