Worth it to goto the Jets game?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Will be visiting my husbands family in western CT. Tickets to the game are real cheap (right now ~$45, but will go down more as we get closer). Booked a hotel that has free cancellation. Question is...if they win on Sunday and Vikings lose, do I go? If they lose tomorrow or Vikings win do I go?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers should look good in that game. They should be a tier or three above the J-E-T-S so should dominate. Go. Playoff implications shouldn't really matter.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers should look good in that game. They should be a tier or three above the J-E-T-S so should dominate. Go. Playoff implications shouldn't really matter.
I would have agreed with you 12 weeks ago, but the Packers haven't dominated anyone this year, except maybe Buffalo and that was a home game. You are right though we all thought 12 weeks ago, that they "should" dominate all the bottom feeders, it just hasn't been the case. The Jets looked good yesterday against the 10-3 Texans, but now that they have been officially eliminated, how "competitive" that game will be might hinge on a Packer win or loss today. If the Packers win today, I see them playing all out in NY to keep their playoff hopes alive. A Packer loss today puts them at 0-7 on the Road for 2018, most likely eliminated from the playoffs and if those 2 things happen, I can very easily see that going to 0-8 next week.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Go. You can see several players play their final games for the Packers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes. Go! It's the Pack. When I was younger, I snarfed every ticket and game I had a shot at.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be visiting my husbands family in western CT. Tickets to the game are real cheap (right now ~$45, but will go down more as we get closer). Booked a hotel that has free cancellation. Question is...if they win on Sunday and Vikings lose, do I go? If they lose tomorrow or Vikings win do I go?
You're either a fan or you're not. A fan goes to the game. If you base it on whether they have a chance at the playoffs, you fall into the bandwagoner category.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
You're either a fan or you're not. A fan goes to the game. If you base it on whether they have a chance at the playoffs, you fall into the bandwagoner category.
I certainly would not consider myself a bandwagon fan to save myself $12 bud lights by not going to a game with no playoff implications that I can watch from the warm comfort of a bar with NFL ticket and $2 bud lights...

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I certainly would not consider myself a bandwagon fan to save myself $12 bud lights by not going to a game with no playoff implications that I can watch from the warm comfort of a bar with NFL ticket and $2 bud lights...
I would call that a fan who makes wise monetary drinking decisions, except for your choice of beer ;)

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New York is fun. Even if I happened to be in the area this weekend I don't think I would go to the game. A lot of ways I can better spend my time there than watch 2 crappy teams play football. That said, if you've never seen the Packers play in person then it's not the worst idea in the world to buy a ticket.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the late, great Joe Garagiola would say, "The Packers' magic number is 2019." I would go and look at it as the first preseason game of 2019. Observe which players show up and play hard and which players don't.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the worst fan bases in the league. Had friends go to a jets vs texans game a few years back and said it was the worst experience at a game he's ever had. Throwing beer bottles, cussing out his wife, pushing him at the ******. Pouring beer on him and his dad...Read a few other stories saying the same thing from other traveling fans of various teams. I wouldn't go but to each their own.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then curb your addiction to alcohol and don't buy one. Simple. If alcohol > cheap Packers tickets then you probably need to consider treatment.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So if you don't go to a game when you have the chance you are not a fan? Got it.

For me it would come down to the weather. If its a nice day I'd probably go and not buy the $12.00 beers just so I could say I saw a game at the stadium. If its crappy and showy and cold I'm staying where it warm and dry as well. Although you did say at a bar so that wouldn't be my first choice either. Can't you just stay at your husband's family's place and watch it.

Also I would like to know what bars are only charging $2.00 for a bottle of beer. I live in a podunk town in SE Wisconsin and they are at least $3.50 here. Of course I wouldn't drink Bud Light if it were free so I guess I wouldn't know about that. That's true by the way. When I was a poor college student I went into a bar one night and ordered a Leinekugels and a Anheuser Busch rep said "Free Bud and Bud Light tonight" I said "that's cool, I'll have the Leinies"

Even when you are poor life is too short to drink ****** beer.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
So if you don't go to a game when you have the chance you are not a fan? Got it.

For me it would come down to the weather. If its a nice day I'd probably go and not buy the $12.00 beers just so I could say I saw a game at the stadium. If its crappy and showy and cold I'm staying where it warm and dry as well. Although you did say at a bar so that wouldn't be my first choice either. Can't you just stay at your husband's family's place and watch it.

Also I would like to know what bars are only charging $2.00 for a bottle of beer. I live in a podunk town in SE Wisconsin and they are at least $3.50 here. Of course I wouldn't drink Bud Light if it were free so I guess I wouldn't know about that. That's true by the way. When I was a poor college student I went into a bar one night and ordered a Leinekugels and a Anheuser Busch rep said "Free Bud and Bud Light tonight" I said "that's cool, I'll have the Leinies"

Even when you are poor life is too short to drink ****** beer.
Unfortunately, usually have to go to a bar to watch the 1pm games because I do not have NFL ticket. My husband is a Patriots fan, so when our games are on at the same time, we have to go to a bar to watch both our games. Bucket of bud lights for $16 on game day at our local sports bar. I stay away from the good stuff on Sundays. As far as selecting Bud Lights on football Sunday, I really have nothing good to say, you guys caught me :roflmao:! Don’t judge me though, because I am an IPA drinker on Friday and Saturday nights. To the guy that called me an alcoholic and told me I need treatment, I think you need to loosen up pal. I did not realize drinking a few bud lights at a football game means you have a drinking problem. I certainly will not tell you any stories about Cancun...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To the guy that called me an alcoholic and told me I need treatment, I think you need to loosen up pal. I did not realize drinking a few bud lights at a football game means you have a drinking problem. I certainly will not tell you any stories about Cancun...

Amen! I will drink to that! :coffee:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the guy that called me an alcoholic and told me I need treatment, I think you need to loosen up pal. I did not realize drinking a few bud lights at a football game means you have a drinking problem.

Sorry, but if the deciding factor on whether or not to see a Packer game at a great price (which, BTW, could be the last time Rodgers ever comes to your neighborhood to play the Jets) is the cost of your booze, then something seems amiss. Simple logic would indicate that you're a bigger Bud Light fan than you are a Packer fan. If that's the case, why were you considering going to the game at all? You do realize you can watch a game without paying $12 for a beer, right?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, usually have to go to a bar to watch the 1pm games because I do not have NFL ticket. My husband is a Patriots fan, so when our games are on at the same time, we have to go to a bar to watch both our games. Bucket of bud lights for $16 on game day at our local sports bar. I stay away from the good stuff on Sundays. As far as selecting Bud Lights on football Sunday, I really have nothing good to say, you guys caught me :roflmao:! Don’t judge me though, because I am an IPA drinker on Friday and Saturday nights. To the guy that called me an alcoholic and told me I need treatment, I think you need to loosen up pal. I did not realize drinking a few bud lights at a football game means you have a drinking problem. I certainly will not tell you any stories about Cancun...
Yeah, the Pats fan husband. I remember that thread.

I am still going to give you great advice anyway, even if it benefits a Pats fan. Get drunk before the game on those $2 bud lights (18 of them or just 4 good beers same $36, same level of intoxication, but less peeing) and then go to the game. Actually, dont drink at all. bathrooms lines are long for woman and the beer expensive. Get drunk after or smuggle in something 80 proof. Hidden bra flask? They make em. Quicker intox, less fluid to pee, and less expensive.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Sorry, but if the deciding factor on whether or not to see a Packer game at a great price (which, BTW, could be the last time Rodgers ever comes to your neighborhood to play the Jets) is the cost of your booze, then something seems amiss. Simple logic would indicate that you're a bigger Bud Light fan than you are a Packer fan. If that's the case, why were you considering going to the game at all? You do realize you can watch a game without paying $12 for a beer, right?
I travel to see the Packers at least once a year. Have already seen them twice this year. If there were playoff implications, there would be a game to watch. Sitting out in the cold sober at MetLife stadium where that wind whips through is not my idea of a fun time. Note to anyone that has not been to MetLife: It is the NFL’s largest stadium. The 300s level you can hardly see the players. Don’t you dare say I am a bigger Bud Light fan that a Packers fan, dilly dilly!

Members online

Latest posts