1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Woody and Skip think we should sign Arrington.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bozz_2006, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    they talked about him on 2nd down of Cold Pizza. Skip says that he would fit well with the Packers cuz he will be able to roam, and Woody agreed. Like most of us, he said that bringing in Arrington might be the thing to bring Favre back for another season. They both think he's worth 7 mil/yr, and both said the packers have been aggressively pursuing him in the last few days. I WANT ARRINGTON!

2. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Skip Bayless thinks we should sign Arrington.

Ugh now I feel like we shouldn't sign Arrington because i can't agree with that moron.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

hahaha. which one? they're like tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum!

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah, like I care what that cobknocker thinks

5. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Skip Bayliss. I'm not a huge fan of Woody but he is somewhat entertaining at least. It just seems that on 90% of things Skip is determined to have an opinion different than everyone else no matter how stupid he sounds. Things like there should be no kickers in football.

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

The fact that both of them agree on something is the interesting part!

I'd love to get Arrington, if he passes a very rigid physical.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

quite true. what bugs me the most about him is how much he resembles "The Leprechaun!!!" with his TO hat.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

you think he would have problems passing a physical?

9. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I am no fan of "Skip Bayless". I remember some those sarcastic things he said about the Packers, Green Bay and Packer fans in his column while he was employed by Dallas newspaper years back The Green Bay Press-Gazette would always publish those articles. I guess "Skippy" is now out on the west coast.

If I remember "Skip was like newspaper Sport columnist Riley who a few years ago took great delight in taking "nasty pop shots" at the city of Green Bay, Packer fans and The Green Bay Packer franchise during the week leading up to a Packer-Viking football game. The Green Bay Press-Gazette would always publish "Ole Riles" column. It would always "work up" Packer fans during the week before the game.

10. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that is all Bayliss is. Being controversial just to be controversial. He lacks any substance.

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

haha hilarious. skip bayless is a douche.

but i still want arrington.

12. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish to add to my previous posting. Don Riley is or was with for St Paul, Mn. major newspaper .

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well there writers. There not coaches so it's not up to them but it doesn't take a genius to tell you that Green Bay should sign both of them.

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    obviously!

15. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Arrington would mean more than Woodson, IMO

Our LB core is not that fast, Barnett, Taylor, Thomas, I'm not saying they're not solid tacklers, but Arrington would be the type who could run down backs in the flat, not let them get away for the big catch-and-runs that we're so used to seeing the other team enjoy.

Arrington would also be a solid contributor to pass rushing, I've seen him for the Skins line up on the end of the d-line standing up and pressure the QB, he is that fast that he could be a Peter Boulware-type situational rusher, in addition to helping the run.

One thing that I think will make Arrington more comfortable in Green Bay is--Washington's d-line was never that good, except for this year when they were, alright, and Arrington didn't even play. Kampman, Cole, Pickett and however we rotate in Jenkins, KGB, Montgomery, Williams, etc is much better than Washington's d-line which has featured Renaldo Wynn, Cornelius Griffin, and a cast of also-rans. Arrington would be given the freedom to cause havoc all over the field--this signing is a must...

16. 967travis

967travis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woody is a very funny guy on around the horn...with that said I agree that we should get Lavar to help our LB core..get him and the get a soild draft I would think our boy Favre would want to come back..Barnett and Lavarr would be great tandom and both can cover rb's, and with pickett now in the middle we could have a soild front 7..

17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    can't stand either one of 'em!! is it just me or does skip look like he had the WORST face lift - ever!! his eyebrows are almost on the back of his head!!! :lol:

now let's get arrington!!! 8)