Woodson agrees to terms with the packers

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just found out...AWESOME NEWS...and for those who say TT isn't willing to shell out $$$...look at Woodson's and Franks contracts...although as others have said, Franks and Woodson won't see half of that money.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and some friggin' Guards...!!!

(and a Center..!)

(and some receivers...!)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what year 2 says then. MAN I WANT THE SPECIFICS! TT wont return my phone calls just like Ryan wont respond to my **** emails. Im a sad panda.

packers34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
collins and woodson would be a nice set at safety but 10.5 for a safety is high.i just think the money could have been better spent in other areas.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Woodson is going to play CB in Green Bay, which is a reason he probably didnt go to Tampa, they wanted him to play Safety.

CB = More Money

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first year is 10.5?!? Not sure if I'm surprised by that or not...makes sense since we have the room, but as trom keeps mentioning...you aren't expected to pay that much with these contracts

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers34 said:
collins and woodson would be a nice set at safety but 10.5 for a safety is high.i just think the money could have been better spent in other areas.

There is no one else to sign this year except for the draft picks, we wouldve had extra money going into the season that doesnt roll over if we didnt sign woodson.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other areas such as? There is still a good bunch of cap space left for this year and there aren't any other free agents that would command big money. More players will be signed I'm sure. 10.5 the first year is a great deal for the Packers because they have the cap room for it right now and the rest will be spread out so it is much more affordable.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is that INCLUDING bonus? see, the early news of these contracts are always wrong.

Remember when we signed Ahman to a gazillion dollar deal for 1 year?

we all know that got debunked.

We have to give it a couple days for the truth.

some say 52mil, others say 45mil. we have to wait.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like you said superRat...even if it is as high as 10.5 (may not be), I think that's still about 13 mil (?) of cap space left...and with all the heavy hitters in FA gone already, and just needing some filler FAs and to sign the pics, it's probalby not that bad since this year's cap space would be wasted anyway...might as well use it now to lure him in, then make it affordable in future years.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT got this one right! It's a frontloaded contract that could net us a great player long-term. It's been a great couple of days.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT A DAY !!

are you kiddin me al harris on 1 charles woodson on 2 thats nice

im loving the defense if we sign hawk

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some Al Harris, Nick Barnett, Nick Collins, Ryan Pickett, Aaron Kampman, and Cullen Jenkins as well...

I like the defense as well. Bring on Hawk!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I'm f'n pumped right now about this d...the players we have were already mentioned...but I'm getting chills...man, a developing Hawkins as our nickle back too! DAMN!!!!!!!!!

2 guards and and one more wr and the Packers will be a VERY good team!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10.5 mil in the 1st year better not be correct. I know we have lots of cap room, but DAMN. :shock: He's not that good is he? I guess I'll wait for the real contract specifics to come out, but either way we got a great veteran CB. I can't wait to see this defense out on the field!

By the way, it's kind of a strange coincidence that a big name FA signs the day that Favre announced he'll return for another year. Try to tell me that Favre didn't affect free agency. Do it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think this is what happened

Brett and TT knew he was coming back, but decided to hold out till after the draft, to make our picks more valuable.

Then woodson says man i love this contract, but i gotta know if bretts comin back or not.

Brett and TT then abandon all poker face attempts and come out with his announcement.

obviously speculation but good speculation

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
10.5 mil in the 1st year better not be correct. I know we have lots of cap room, but DAMN. :shock: He's not that good is he? I guess I'll wait for the real contract specifics to come out, but either way we got a great veteran CB. I can't wait to see this defense out on the field!

By the way, it's kind of a strange coincidence that a big name FA signs the day that Favre announced he'll return for another year. Try to tell me that Favre didn't affect free agency. Do it.

I actually like that if 10.5 is eaten this year. We have to spend it....can't carry it over, so this takes some of the future burden off the cap.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who to give credit too. I think both Brett and ( I can't believe I am saying this ) TT, both played a role. This is a very, very good day :D

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly depack...at first I didn't like that, but the more I thought about it, the situation you described makes more sense...take the cap hit now when we have room for it that would otherwise go to waste.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great signing. Now lets work on the O-line and sign a few players - FA's and or draft picks, hopefully nab Hawk at #5 to fill the LB spot, and get some more WR's.

The defence is being upgraded but the Packers still need to solidify the O-line, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts